eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

NEW Google Checkout Rates --
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
viewfinders

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

namebranddealz wrote:
PLUS - I'm not sure WHY, but I've had customers go and pay for their Item multiple times, when using Google Checkout. And NO, it wasn't like a minute apart, I'm talking like they logged in the next day and made that payment a second time - and this becomes a Pain to the seller because if we refund the whole sale amount for any reason, We still have to pay that per Transaction fee to Google - currently .20cents.. Paypal refunds the whole thing so the seller isn't out that fee...

That happens to me just as often on PayPal. I think it happens to me so often because I don't use quantity control. The item doesn't disappear when the person checks so they buy it again thinking their transaction didn't go through.

I also have GC set for authorize only so I don't have to pay refund fees for adjusting shipping or duplicate purchases.

I really think people are making way too much of this. Consider how much you would pay per month to have your own CC processing accounts for Visa, MC and more. For those of you who resent paying someone else a few cents for a valuable service, you always have the option of dropping both PP and GC and accepting only mailed payments.

There are two ways to look at GC and PP fees.
1. Those horrid companies took $1 of my money. How dare they?
OR
2. Aren't I fortunate to have a company that collects my payments and sends me the money and keeps detailed records and all for only $1.

You get further in life if you opt for the second mentality. Resentment foments. Gratitude pays.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
namebranddealz

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You may think people are 'making too much about it' but this IS a Discussion Board. So we discuss things. Being civil. Making comments. And I'm glad I did. Someone pointed out how I could set my settings back to Authorize Only - I'd forgotten since my first sale was a disaster because I DIDNT have it on 'Authorize and Charge.'

And its True that Paypal refunds the WHOLE payment. Which I Like.
Even if the buyer paid with a credit card.

Not making 'too much' - just bouncing ideas off each other.
If you don't want to see us bouncing ideas off each other, then
why come into the boards?
viewfinders

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

namebranddealz wrote:
You may think people are 'making too much about it' but this IS a Discussion Board. So we discuss things. Being civil. Making comments. And I'm glad I did. Someone pointed out how I could set my settings back to Authorize Only - I'd forgotten since my first sale was a disaster because I DIDNT have it on 'Authorize and Charge.'

And its True that Paypal refunds the WHOLE payment. Which I Like.
Even if the buyer paid with a credit card.

Not making 'too much' - just bouncing ideas off each other.
If you don't want to see us bouncing ideas off each other, then
why come into the boards?

Why is presenting a positive slant not civil? Is discussion only allowed if everyone agrees with you? Wasn't I just offering another idea?
namebranddealz

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well no, you kind of turned your post into a 'Editorial Reprimand' to naughty children who were voicing concerns.
Thats how it came across.

Let me add to clarify:
Telling us how YOU view Google and/or Paypal is fine.

Telling US how You think WE arent seeing things correctly is
where you cross that line..
MagicCardHaven

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't think viewfinder was crossing the line because:

1. It was clearly stated that it was a thought "I really think people are making way too much of this". Btw it's not wrong to think the way someone else thinks is wrong. It's only wrong if you claim so without acknowledging you could be wrong - there is a slight difference. And by using the key word "thought", it's the equivalent of acknowledging the possibility of being wrong.

2. There was an explanation given.

Actually, namebranddealz, I thought you came off a bit totalitarian...

On that note I still hate GC's new rates, and I always use authorize-only because the last thing I want is to charge a credit card directly should something bad accidentally happen to my inventory. I also hate paypal's fees but at least they got the shipping label which is just so convenient it totally makes up for it.

But hey, I'd rather have someone else handling customers' credit cards, than doing it myself...That's a can of worms I'll gladly leave closed for a small fee.
namebranddealz

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess we'll just agree to disagree !

But hey - Happy Selling!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: