eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

HELP WITH FEEDBACK PLEASE :(

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GiftCentral

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 3:25 pm    Post subject: HELP WITH FEEDBACK PLEASE :( Reply with quote

Hi,

I received a negative feedback today for something that was beyond my control. Apparently the customer tried to pay through google checkout for a product with an American Express Card, which was rejected. The customer gave me a negative feedback for this. With this one negative mark my feedback rating has gone from 100% to -90 percent. I thought my store was finally starting to take off as I have had more sales in this current 30 day period than I have at any other 30 day period since I joined E-crater. There must be some way to remove a mark that is not the fault of the seller. Someone please help!!
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
acread

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you contact buyer to ask if maybe he forgot to update the expiration date or the card number etc when he had it renewed? Just to check If he was using PayPal and forgot, there won't be reminders and it is a very easy thing to overlook.

For the feedback contact eCrater and explain the situation and request to have it removed.
GiftCentral

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 3:55 pm    Post subject: Negative feedback Reply with quote

Hi AC,

No, I just saw the feedback. I thought I needed to calm down a little before e-mailing him as I am still upset over it. However, he stated in the feedback that the mark was because of his card rejecting.

Anyhow, I just e-mailed E-crater and disputed the feedback. Hopefully they will remove it, otherwise, don't think I will be getting very many sales with a -90 feedback rating.

Thanks again for the advice.

Sincerely, Dawn
acread

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I get that. All I'm saying is that it might just be something caused by the customers forgetfulnes. Not necessarily because he is mean or spiteful or a scammer.

I tend to forget stuff at times. And would swear that it is true. Then manage to recall it or notice something to show me I am wrong. It happens. (I'm not your customer Razz )

So after you calm down, contact the buyer and ask about it. Maybe he is a decent buyer who is forgetful. Or maybe someone in the family exceeded the limit without his knowledge. Who knows.

In any case you shouldn't have trouble getting the negative removed.
GiftCentral

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 4:20 pm    Post subject: Negative Feedback. Reply with quote

ACRead wrote:
I get that. All I'm saying is that it might just be something caused by the customers forgetfulnes. Not necessarily because he is mean or spiteful or a scammer.

I tend to forget stuff at times. And would swear that it is true. Then manage to recall it or notice something to show me I am wrong. It happens. (I'm not your customer Razz )

So after you calm down, contact the buyer and ask about it. Maybe he is a decent buyer who is forgetful. Or maybe someone in the family exceeded the limit without his knowledge. Who knows.

In any case you shouldn't have trouble getting the negative removed.

I agree with you. That's why I decided to wait until later when I can send him a half-way civil e-mail instead of one written in anger Mad

Anyhow, thanks again Very Happy
theartsandlettersofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfair feedback can be removed. Don't let that ruin your day.

When a credit card is declined, due to an expiration date or over limit Google contacts the customer and gives them a few days to update their expiration date, make a payment etc.

Could be the buyer got that email from Google and knowing they can't make a payment, decided to take it out on you. Strapped people are shooting rooms full of strangers. Be glad you only got a negative.
GiftCentral

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 6:05 am    Post subject: FEEDBACK Reply with quote

Well AC,

It was like you said, it looked like the customer confused the transaction with a different transaction. I e-mailed him last night but haven't gotten a reply. However, he left a GOOD review on my google checkout account Smile
acread

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 6:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like it might turn out OK. Smile
GiftCentral

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just hope Ecrater will remove the negative. Been getting more traffic lately, and hoping that will translate to more sales Very Happy
acread

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well Mr. eCrater was extremely busy fixing the site yesterday.

Give it a bit of time. It'll get removed. Not your fault if the buyers card got rejected.

What happened with the buyer? Did you hear back?
GiftCentral

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sure he was. No, the guy never e-mailed me back. Best I can guess is that he had another transaction with another seller or on another site that rejected his card and mixed it up with me. I normally see when a transaction has been turned down, and do not see that on this transaction, just where he paid.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: