eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Couple Questions about tax id number

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SweetWheatzCoins

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 7:10 pm    Post subject: Couple Questions about tax id number Reply with quote

1. I plan on getting my tax id on Friday and was wondering if I sould wait until then to add items or should just go ahead. (just incase the one in a million chance happens that I sell something right away).

2. Should I go to get the ID in person or are their places online that I can get one.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
MagicCardHaven

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Erm... (assuming you're in the US. If not just ignore me). When you say "tax id", do you mean social security?

Because if you mean an actual tax id #, those do NOT let your earn money. It clearly states on the tax id that you are not authorized to "work". They are really more for identification and educational purposes.

At least the ones my cousins got say on them they can't earn money. (Kind of confusing since it's called a tax id #)
SweetWheatzCoins

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 8:08 pm    Post subject: sorry, kinda sleepy Reply with quote

I meant vendors liscense
thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sweet, do you mean the tax ID# for collecting sales tax in your state?

It takes a few days to weeks for Google to find your items so I don't think you have anything to worry about if you want to start listings. You can put your store on hold till you have the # in place if you want to be extra safe.

Actually I doubt you will be arrested if you sell a few items that you don't pay sales tax on. I assume you aren't selling automobiles or other big ticket items.
SweetWheatzCoins

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 10:07 am    Post subject: thanks Reply with quote

tahnks for your help you have been great
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 1:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Couple Questions about tax id number Reply with quote

SweetWheatzCoins wrote:
Should I go to get the ID in person or are their places online that I can get one.

Did you search Google for your state and sales tax application? In my state you can apply on-line and they mail you your certificate.
RustyFarmall

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 7:01 am    Post subject: Re: Couple Questions about tax id number Reply with quote

SheilaDeesPostcards wrote:
SweetWheatzCoins wrote:
Should I go to get the ID in person or are their places online that I can get one.

Did you search Google for your state and sales tax application? In my state you can apply on-line and they mail you your certificate.

Yes, that is how I got mine from the state of Iowa.
SweetWheatzCoins

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 8:42 am    Post subject: RE : online Reply with quote

I will have to check that out
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: