eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

How customers choose size, color, messages, etc?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
homeretreat

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 11:15 pm    Post subject: How customers choose size, color, messages, etc? Reply with quote

I carry items requiring the customer to choose the size, color, etc. Do I have to list the item for every size, and every color?

Also, the bigges thing for me is special instructions that the customer needs to communicate to me. For instance: "leave without signature" or "Message to recipient: Happy Mother's Day!"

Thank you and have a good day.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
zickit

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2006 3:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I carry items requiring the customer to choose the size, color, etc. Do I have to list the item for every size, and every color?

I personally list every item - if I have the same shirts in 4 sizes I list it 4 times. I do this because many people search in search engines with the size they are looking for. So if I have the size in the title I get picked up in the search engine.

I also believe the less communication that has to take place to get the sale the better chance it will take place. If you list it once and state previde the size you need and they make the payment without including this information then you need to get ahold of the buyer and see what size they want. They might not check their email daily. They might not be home when you call. All this might result in a ticked off customer that then just decides it's not worth all this hassle, especially if they don't find out that you needed information until after they contact you because they didn't receive the item.
The less they have to do -- the better off you are!

Quote:
Also, the bigges thing for me is special instructions that the customer needs to communicate to me. For instance: "leave without signature" or "Message to recipient: Happy Mother's Day!"

That would have to be in your description - plain and clear - something like if you want this item sent witha gift message you need to include that in the note area of your payment.
zickit

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2006 3:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was reading your FAQ --- thought I would tell you of a typo ---

Do you sell alcohol or tobacco?
Home Retreat does not sell alcohol or tobacco due to religious reasons. It has been proven that abuse of these substances results in poor health. Home Retreat would like to make he world a more healthy place by not offering these things.

Also wanted to make you aware of the user agreement -

3.4 All products from affiliate websites will not be posted to Froogle. They will not be included in eCRATER searches and will appear on the bottom of each global category.

Since you are an affilate seller You need to be aware of this policy.

Just remember --- YOU need to get your own traffic to your ecrater store. That's the important thing.
homeretreat

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 9:41 am    Post subject: Thank you for everything Reply with quote

Hello, BTMC:

Thank you for the insight and fast reply. It does make a lot of sense, especially since we desire to make the customer happy and accommodated as much as possible so that they will be repeat customers.

Thank you also for pointing out the typo! I guess I didn't have my dose of coffee that day. Embarassed

Also, when I mentioned affiliates I meant "drop shippers" (big difference!). I will be removing that reference shortly from my site. I REALLY appreciate your mentioning this Shocked and your responses helped a lot.

Have a nice day! Very Happy
zickit

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Also, when I mentioned affiliates I meant "drop shippers" (big difference!). I will be removing that reference shortly from my site. I REALLY appreciate your mentioning this and your responses helped a lot.

Works the same way on ecrater.com. Read the thread regarding sellers the sell SMC items .... You'll understand more
http://www.ecrater.com/community/viewtopic.php?t=47&highlight=smc

Do a searc on ecrater.com for any of your items and you will see they do not show up. The reason --- you need to be a member to sell what you sell. I just can't buy them myself without becoming a member into that group - it's an affilation.
homeretreat

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 10:13 am    Post subject: Thank you Reply with quote

Thanks for your comment. Laughing Yes, I read that post before. I learned a lot. Well, I'm off again. Have a good day.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: