eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

First Sale!!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ljstores

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Buytime wrote:
Man, things seem to have picked up this week.
We had 2 very nice sales today Very Happy
after having 4 yesterday.

I love ecrater

Kenny

WOO HOO Congrats to you too!!!!
All this great news helps to motivate me to do more!!!!

fancyflappers wrote:
Thanks ya'll Embarassed , but honestly, I've always sold well here, right from the start and I think that was back in March 06. It took me about 2-3 months and I was outselling my eBay store. Sometimes double or triple the sales. This month will be alot more than my eBay store.

So, there is plenty of shopping going on. Make it easier for the buyers to find you. ADVERTISE-ADVERTISE-ADVERTISE.

Well I just checked out your store and it looks very professional. You are obviously very well established and hope that in time I can say the same!!!
Keep up the good work!
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
fancyflappers

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 6:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You will get there too. You need to have a website or blog directing to e-Crater. That's why I do so well. Very Happy

www.FancyFlappers.com
ljstores

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fancyflappers wrote:
You will get there too. You need to have a website or blog directing to e-Crater. That's why I do so well. Very Happy

www.FancyFlappers.com

Yes I recognise that being one of your keys to your success and I am working in it Smile
I have my own website but it's not subject related so I bought another domain the other day but haven't had time to do anything with it yet.!!
I joined yahoo 360 and myspace but Im not getting how the use it to my advantage yet! I want it to be quicker and easier than it is.lol

I am sure a lot of people agree with this but when you are starting out you struggle with working on promoting your store or stocking it. I am trying to do both but it's slow going as i am researching and learning as I go.
This is what I love about the ecrater boards, most people are willing to help and there are lots of tips, resources and advice offered (so much I can't keep up..lol)
I think most sellers recognise the more help that is offered, the more likely we are to succeed and then obviously ecrater will grow BIG and that ultimately helps us all!!!!!

"Now what was it I was doing? listing that product or researching RSS feeds?" LOL

Have a great day and good luck with your sales!!!

LJ
zickit

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fancyflappers wrote:
There are lots of shoppers here. I sold 6 items today. Very Happy

Fancy - don't most of your buyers come to your store threw your site and your blogging? NOT through ecrater.com?
If that's the case then "There are lots of shoppers here" doesn't mean that there are shoppers at ecrater.com searching categories.
That's the part alot of sellers coming from ebay do not understand. eCrater.com is not an ebay. THANK HEAVEN for that!

I dont' think ecrater.com has foot traffic and I dont' think it was designed to have foot traffic. We are like independent stores in a strip mall. We want customers WE have to go get them. Occassionally, someone happens to drive by (on the froogle highway) and come into the ecrater.com parking lot.
fancyflappers

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Fancy - don't most of your buyers come to your store threw your site and your blogging? NOT through ecrater.com?
If that's the case then "There are lots of shoppers here" doesn't mean that there are shoppers at ecrater.com searching categories.

That's true. I guess I should have said that shoppers are out there, on the web as a whole, not just on eBay. Very Happy BTM is absolutely correct about e-Crater basically being your own webstore. An added bonus is that e-Crater does submit feeds every day. Very Happy

Quote:
I dont' think ecrater.com has foot traffic and I dont' think it was designed to have foot traffic.

True! I can't understand when e-Crater sellers say that we should promote e-Crater as a whole. We should promote e-Crater to other sellers, our stores, and our fellow seller friends by linksharing from our websites and blogs.

Anyone can do it. Blogs are free and have templates for the HTML challenged. Some websites are free if you don't mind their advertising on your site, and ad-free sites are cheap, cheap, cheap, and they also have templates for the HTML challenged. I pay $4 a month. You'll see results quickly with a little effort. Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: