eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Not Receiving Paypal payments

View previous topic :: View next topic  
star-health

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 7:26 am    Post subject: Not Receiving Paypal payments Reply with quote

I am a registered member and list items on my store. I've had a few sales but many problems. I get the orders and although I have paypal ticked I'm not getting the payments. This must be frustrating for both my customers and myself. Is there anything I need to do to configure paypal? or how can I solve this problem?

Regards
Star-Health
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
acread

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check to see if you typed your PayPal account correctly in Payment Options. It is not just checking the box but you have to have the correct email entered. The email should be the same one you are using to sing in to PayPal.

You do have a PayPal merchant account, right? If they are paying with credit card and you don't have a merchant account (Premier or Business) PayPal won't process it until you upgrade.
vintagemoonbeams

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello, Star-Health! I took a look at your store, and am confused. It has 1 item listed and no update since Nov. 11, 2008.

The home page has no logo, picture, or text. There is no text in your "about", "terms", "contact", or "FAQ" pages. No sold items rated or unrated in the feedback.

Humm. Trying to figure out how you have had any sales and "many problems", when you don't have any store set up? You need to read the discussion topics for all the helpful tips to set up a successful store.

Have a great day!

VintageMoonbeams
MagicCardHaven

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

According to feedback, you've never ever had a finished sale. So unless you're referring to another store you also own, I don't see how it's possible for you to have paypal problems.

However it is possible that a customer went to cart and the sale process but didn't truly finish the sale. You'd still get the email, but it would mean the customer backed out at the payment page. This is not a technical problem, but simply the case of a customer with wet feet.

You can try sending an invoice to the customer's email address. If they're still interested, they might complete the process.

There are a few things you should do to help customers feel more secure:
1. Put up a store logo and a store image
2. Put up at least 10 items.
3. Write your own descriptions..
4. Write for you faq,contact, about us, and terms pages
5. Update your US shipping. There's no way someone in the UK would offer free US shipping, no customer would trust that.
6. Take your own pictures of the product (unless you're using a dropshipper)
7. Update your store often (even if it's just for the sake of updating). A customer who sees "Last Updated: 11 Nov 2008 08:49:48 PST" might think you're no longer active, and therefore might back out of the sale.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: