eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Am I Suspended or is there a glitch?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
karensvariety

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 4:46 am    Post subject: Am I Suspended or is there a glitch? Reply with quote

I closed my store for a week for holiday, returned and opened it. A couple of days I went to list a few items and found them all gone. Am I suspended or is there a glitch? I have emailed twice and received no answer. Wouldn't I receive at the least an automated email if I was suspended? How on earth do I know? Thank you.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
acread

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 5:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah it looks like it is suspended. There are Google Ads in your categories. Please read: http://www.ecrater.com/community/viewtopic.php?t=1214
karensvariety

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 6:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I appreciate your reply but I must say "look like" is a stunning way to find out such a thing. Does the owner of this site not bother with even an automated email? Am I to guess at what the problem is? Relist 2,500 items in the hopes that the problem is fixed and if not relist until it is? I don't think so. Not worth it.
acread

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It says in the Terms of Service that:
Quote:
2.2 eCRATER, in its sole discretion, may terminate your license to use the Website for any reason without prior notice to you. You acknowledge and agree that eCRATER may immediately bar your further access to the Website. eCRATER will not be liable to you or any third party for any termination of your access and/or use of the Website.

That in itself is a notice. You should always read the Terms of Service at a site before signing up. That is your contract with that site. And you agreed not to post the stuff that is said not to. They don't suspend lightly. They look into it. If there is a mistake, you can contact them and let them know the legitiamacy of your product or whatever. Show evidence of it. But if they suspended you with a legit reason. Then you need to remove what you posted that is not allowed and then you can get your store back (well it would depend on what the store did in that case. If it is an illegal act you may not be getting the store back at all).

You are not supposed to relist the products. You either remove what is objectionable or you give them the evidence of legitemacy or you leave the site. Those are the options. If you listed stuff that was against eCraters rules and you start a new store and relist, that store will get locked too. When you correct things and apply and the suspension is removed you will get your products to appear (whatever is left and whatever form they are in after the editing you need to do.)
poopsheet

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

karensvariety wrote:
Relist 2,500 items in the hopes that the problem is fixed and if not relist until it is? I don't think so. Not worth it.

If you're only suspended your items aren't gone; they should still be accessible to you in admin.
zickit

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Am I suspended or is there a glitch? I

hhhmmm this is extremely interesting.

Let me see if I can find anything out for you
zickit

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is the official answer -

Quote:
This was suspended in Jan, Since the merchant did not fixed the problem and contacted us and more than 2 months have been passes the store products were permanently removed.
thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just off the top of my head from reading your home page, I'd guess you were suspended for selling reproductions of patterns that were not in the public domain.

This isn't an area I know about but there have been other sellers complaining about reproduction patterns being sold.
karensvariety

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am quite aware of the terms of service and don't have a problem with that. What bothers me is the guessing game. You suggest it is due to selling reproductions. All are in the public domain. The problem is that I don't know what is wrong. The suggestion being that I fix what I THINK is wrong and then see if I get back in business. How ridiculous.
maggiethehousecat

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No one here KNOWS why you were suspended. Just giving you ideas to consider.
karensvariety

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I realize you don't know. The point is, neither do I. I do not receive replies to my emails, have never been informed why nor what if anything I can do. So the choice seems to be either keep guessing until I get it right or forget about it. I choose the latter.
zickit

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

karensvariety
- this is direct fromt he ecrater team -

Quote:
This was suspended in Jan, Since the merchant did not fixed the problem and contacted us and more than 2 months have been passes the store products were permanently removed.

Since you did not contact them within 60 days of being suspended your items hsve been removed.
karensvariety

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As to being suspended in January, that is not true. I went on holiday in April and put all my items on hold and took them off when I got home. The items disappeared shortly after that. Once again, was I guess that I was suspended even though my items were still there?
lastade-designs

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How are you sure that none of the patterns you copied from original books were public domain? It is a very tricky area because so many of the older companies were sold to companies such as Leisure Arts and Annie's Attic. I think that they are considered to be the owners of the copyright in the present day. You really have to be careful and do some research before you can make a copy of a pattern to sell. Unfortunately, this is probably the reason you were shut down.
karensvariety

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are assuming that you know why I have been suspended. I am quite surprised that you are so certain. I have never been given a reason for suspension. I do not know why. I have never been told how to correct whatever that reason is. My store was not suspended in January. I have listed many, many items since that date. There was no 60 days notice. I would very much like to know how you come across this information.

As to my download files, again you are assuming that I have not been careful. There are hundreds of similar patterns for sale on this site, many the same as mine. Perhaps they are more subtle but I have no intention of being subtle in my ads.

None of that is the issue as far as I am concerned since no reason or hint has ever been given as to the issue. Again, I gather that I am to make a "good guess" and then "cross my fingers".
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: