eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Just a little curious?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
everythingunder20bucks

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 10:12 am    Post subject: Just a little curious? Reply with quote

I have had my store open for a couple of months now. I constantly add things all the time. I have started using adwords and I get traffic, but no one has bought anything yet. Does anyone have any suggestions? I don't know if it is something I am doing wrong or just something I need to be doing. Please help with some positive replies.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
atticinthewoods

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

I looked at a few of your items. Looks like you use a drop shipper so the competition on those types of things is higher.

Your titles and descriptions don't really tell what your items are. For example:

Lavender & Sage Bath Tray. That's about all your description says too.

The title could or should read:

Lavender and Sage Lotion Gel Soap Body Spray Bath Set in Wood Tray

If I was searching for lavender lotion or a bath set, I would not search for Lavender Tray.

Keywords in your titles and descriptions are what the search engines look for and type out the words. Don't use &, ", or any other symbols in your titles, those are stoppers for the search engines.

Same with Spa Bottles......and so on. Think of how you would search for something.
LemurianTreasures

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't really see anything wrong with your store except you might want to expand on the "About" page and put some questions on your FAQ page. But your store looks very nice, pics are nice, and I think your prices are reasonable. I personally don't know anything about the adwords so can't comment on them.

My store was open about 6 weeks before my first sale and then things were fine. But it is a tough economy right now so that does affect sales. Plus, some months are just better than others. Some sellers might do great one month and others not. Don't know why but March was a good month for me and April was not.

One thing that is emphasized here in the forums and is very important is that you must promote your store in every way you can. Submit to search engines other than just Google. Read all the forum topics on promotion and try as many of the ideas as you can - promote both online and offline. Store promotion will make a big difference but takes time.

Good luck!
theartsandlettersofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My advice to you is my reaction to your home page. If it sounds too good to be true look elsewhere.

"All first orders will receive $10 off your order automatically at checkout."

Everything is under $20 and much is quite a bit under. You have a lot of items that sell for under $10 and your shipping is not gouging.

So as in this item. You are out of pocket $1.05.
http://everythingunder20bucks.ecrater.com/product.php?pid=4235789
On this item you are out of pocket $3.05.
http://everythingunder20bucks.ecrater.com/product.php?pid=4236132

Who is going to pay your shipper...or better question, what are you going to pay your shipper with?

Do you see why I would be suspicious of your site?
This is how I would think:
Maybe you just got an SMC disc and have no intentions of doing anything but pocketing the money.
Maybe you are just naive and I will take advantage of you. I'll get all my family and friends to order one item from you each and it'll all be free or just the cost of shipping.

Are you sure you want to make this offer?

Other wise your store looks nice, however your titles are too vague and short as are your descriptions but someone else has already talked about that.

You might also start a topic in the Sellers only category asking other affiliates to talk about their results with selling on ecrater. I have never tried it so I don't know what is normal.
earplugs

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with the above advice. You need more keywords on your home page and in your titles and descriptions. The shipping charges on some items are too high. Are you shipping by first class or priority? The only thing on your contact page is an email address and you have no FAQ. Etc.

Plump up your store with more information and consider accepting PayPal too. Good luck.
mybargainsmall

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 9:55 am    Post subject: Re: Just a little curious? Reply with quote

everythingunder20bucks wrote:
I have had my store open for a couple of months now. I constantly add things all the time. I have started using adwords and I get traffic, but no one has bought anything yet. Does anyone have any suggestions? I don't know if it is something I am doing wrong or just something I need to be doing. Please help with some positive replies.

A little over a month ago I signed up with stylehive. I have 41 people following me there, where I share my online finds. I loved specially your fountains and hived one of them - the parrots.
Check it at my hive at http://www.stylehive.com/person/lucine/saves/recent/0

I hope you'll get sales
everythingunder20bucks

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 1:26 pm    Post subject: thanks... Reply with quote

maybe that will get some interest. I think I will also look the rest of it over too. It looks like an interesting site.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: