eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Orders placed as a JOKE !! or a malicious undertaking
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
rjkstuff

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

this was my first time getting a Fake Order, hopefully my last; I guess I was more surprised than anything else. I guess Ecrater is getting more popular
with with these types of weirdo's
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
zickit

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The point we are trying to make is it's NOT just this site. It happens everywhere. Even on eBay ... lots of non-paying bidders, same thing ONLY it cost you money and time there.
rjkstuff

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this was not just an non-paying bidder, this was someone playing around
ebay requires registration, and recourse. this was just a nuisance. I'm also sure there many hundreds of other "product selling sites" that have this situation
zickit

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
ebay requires registration, and recourse.

LMAO now that's the joke of the day.
acread

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had nonpaying bidders on eBay. You report and nothing happens. You just waste time in the process. Two weeks before you can even report. Then another week for the other party to reply. Than they may return the money you put up to list the item. In the mean time the second bidder has moved on and are not interested anymore. Ans since you can't relist the item before resolving the first issue you can't even try to sell if for 3 weeks.

At Amazon they automatically take it out. After 3 days they put it back in. But in the mean time you still loose on the opportunity to sell it. Cause you don't know if the customer will manage to get his act together and putchase. I had some buy it and some not. So can't risk to relist.

It happens on all sites.

The point is this one was obviously fake you could determine. I got fake stuff with the name and address etc looking very real. And you have to research it to figure it out. At least you didn't have to do that with this one.

My suggestion is get used to it and ignore it. If you let it get to you you won't last selling online.

Oh and read the following to see eBays sense of recourse: http://www.ecrater.com/community/viewtopic.php?t=17120
tigersgameisland

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rjkstuff wrote:
I just was somewhat amazed that someone would go thru all the details of an order just for fun ???

yeah, this happens to me all the time with non paid paypal orders. Ticks me off but it doesn't cost me a thing like it would if they did it on ebay....
theartsandlettersofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RJK being free has nothing to do with the percentage of crank buyers. The worst I ever experienced was also the most expensive site I've ever sold on. Buyers had to register before they could click buy.

Once a woman clicked buy on tons of items from tons of stores. She claimed she was opening a boutique. Sellers knew about each other because she sent the same email to all of us and all our names were listed in the header. She was very charming, but too charming.

After a while we figured she was a fake and put our items back on sale. Then we got another email claiming to be from her son announcing her death after a long bout with the big C. It was sent about an hour after the time he claimed she died.

She managed to reincarnate quickly and bought a large order from me here on ecrater. Paid with a credit card and I never heard from her again.
pinknpretty

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a fake sale from time to time. Always saying they will pay with PayPal. I usually contact them to see if they are still interested in the item / items. If I don't hear from them I delete the order after a day or two. If the address looks fake I delete the order right away. If they want the item they can always come back and re-buy it and pay.
It is an annoyance, but it happens. That's life online. Vic Wink
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: