eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

CNN Money: 5 ex-eBayers: Where they sell now
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> eCRATER in the news
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cathytrott

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 11:28 am    Post subject: What is the best way for me to help promote ecrater? Reply with quote

I've read these post and tend to agree...Anyone have suggestions that we can do to promote the ecrater site?

Thanks Ecrater Smile
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
boogerholloworiginal

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 9:26 am    Post subject: Re: What is the best way for me to help promote ecrater? Reply with quote

[quote="cathytrott"]I've read these post and tend to agree...Anyone have suggestions that we can do to promote the ecrater site

We left Ebay a year ago. They took a sale away from us because of fraud on the part of the buyer. Wasn't their ebay acct. I told ebay twice about how they should of just blocked that particular sale and let me give the next one a 2nd chance offer. But no they didn't allow that. I agree, their fees are horrible. We still take paypal, with the other site we are on and with our golden retriever puppy sales. Just I hate their fees. I understand they have to make money, but wow, I was going broke selling on ebay and taking paypal. We have made some sales in our other site, actually more than on Ebay. I hope we do well here. I finally figured out how to setup the store. we are boogerholloworignal.ecrater.com Thanks and hope everyone sells Lynda
alscraftshomedecor

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 6:52 am    Post subject: eBay-ex! Reply with quote

Add me to the long list of EX-eBay sellers. I didn't have any troubles with buyers over the 7 years we had our store there...but the fees became excessive! I too continue with Paypal ( which is now owned by eBay,LOL)
I DO regret that I was unable to take my FEEDBACK with me from eBay...starting over is the pits!

http://alscraftshomedecor.ecrater.com
drszhk

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 3:34 am    Post subject: Re: Feebay Reply with quote

LuxuryLinensEtc wrote:
Yes, eCrater is like a breath of fresh air after eBay. The next rule that eBay will impose upon its sellers IMHO is mandatory free shipping. That way, Ebay and Paypal get a percentage of your shipping charges up to 3 times in the listing fees, final value fees, and then the Paypal fees! It's coming, you wait and see. Ebay has so over-regulated everything.

Our (seller located in China), pain is more terrible As we pay ebay listing fee, final value, PayPal fee and over all fixed amount to transfer to bank account - fixed international correspondence bank service charge. We get nothing, some time loss.[/code]
A-Better-Way

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I find Ecrater to be more relaxing and can actually feel accomplished at something.I now am not even getting hardly any "views" at ebay, something happened over there.

Here I can categorize in a sensible manner and organize things and my hits are a lot more than ebay views and they have the combined website. One would think you would get at least more views, let alone sales.

The selling hit a brick wall, and I don't need to keep up that mundane re-listing over and over and over and that rinky picture, at Ecrater I at least have many more people seeing my items.

Personally I feel I should help Ecrater and I am getting hooked. Ecrater is a very cool place and all of the service they are fronting for us.I mean why pay fees if ebay doesn't help or protect a seller in any way.

Rather than hating and complaining about the other place, I will put in even more effort here.

congrats Ecrater and Thank you. ! Cool
elpereles

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking the OP. The bidtopia site is dead.
thecheapskirt

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would expect a thread that is 4 years old would have outdated info.

The Internet moves fast.
maddog1122

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:41 pm    Post subject: I quit ebay also Reply with quote

I've been herre for awhile, almost since the beginning of ecrater, I have not gotta alot of sales over the last couple years but did receive a few. I support all small websites that allow people to open stores like ecrater. Ebay's a joke now, I used to sell thousand of items on there until they started adding all the hidden costs and jacked up the listing prices so there was no longer a profit to be made. I dont mind paying a sellings fee for items sold, but to be charged for listing each item over and over again every month is crazy. I believe if a website provides a sale for you, then they are intitled to part of the profit in a sellers fee, but if items dont sell, then it should not cost people either.
I'll always support ecrater as long as the site doesnt change into another ebay.
elpereles

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't like or believe in Insertion fees or subscription fees. I began selling in eBay years ago and when I look the numbers and compare the percent of the fees I paid to compare what I sold. It is really sad. A lot of eBay fees came from Insertion fees.

After a lot of years in the "Alternatives". I only returned to eBay because they returned the "free posting" promos. So I only post items in eBay during these promos. Now looking and comparing my numbers in eBay. It is clear that insertion fees is a lost of money.

As a buyer. For me have been very difficult to support sellers in the "Alternatives". Only 2 successful buys, one from a seller in Vendio and other in Bonanzle (a seller that is now back selling in eBay Rolling Eyes ). I try some in eCrater, but if I need to buy the item now. I contact them first, but I would not wait near a week for an answer.
thecheapskirt

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why would you need to contact someone to buy something on ecrater?

People buy things from me, payment is immediate, and it's in the mail the same or next day. I've seen no need for anyone to contact me ahead of time. Most don't.
elpereles

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Because not everybody is clear about their Shipping & Handling cost and old updates stores for me means "ghost" or "post, run & forget" sellers. Thats why I ask.

So it means that you only take money and ship. No time to answer a question. Ok, I will have that in mind if I'm interesting in something in your store. It just a "click click" process. Wink
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 5:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thecheapskirt wrote:
Why would you need to contact someone to buy something on ecrater?

People buy things from me, payment is immediate, and it's in the mail the same or next day. I've seen no need for anyone to contact me ahead of time. Most don't.
If a seller has a recent date for last update, has somewhat recent feedback, has positive feedback, have completed all their text pages and have clear shipping terms I wouldn't contact them prior to purchase. However, I've contacted a number of sellers on eCrater to see if they are still in business or to ask a question and never received a response. One seller I remember well is not located in the USA, has a product I really want, is currently posting to the "Promote" topic in the forum, but will not answer emails. If a seller will not answer emails, I have little faith they will ship orders.
thecheapskirt

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

elpereles wrote:
So it means that you only take money and ship. No time to answer a question. Ok, I will have that in mind if I'm interesting in something in your store. It just a "click click" process. Wink

Wow, that's quite rude to say I don't answer questions. Where did you get that idea from what I wrote? I simply said the majority of buyers never ask me questions. I never said I don't answer them.
A-Better-Way

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thecheapskirt wrote:
elpereles wrote:

Wow, that's quite rude to say I don't answer questions. Where did you get that idea from what I wrote? I simply said the majority of buyers never ask me questions. I never said I don't answer them.

I don't look he meant that at all.

In general, just a more wide range thought of all sellers, in selling online, on any website.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> eCRATER in the news
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: