SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Looks Like sleazeBay is bunched again.
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ClassicTreasures

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
That's a fact. 2007 is supposed to see a huge shift from auction venue selling to e-commerce selling

I think you're right, because we live in an accelerating world, I don't think auctions will remain successful except for may be a few specific item groups (big ticket items, like antiques, real estate, some highly priced jewelry or designer stuff) where people hope to carve off a little of the price tag.

For the most part, as a buyer, I shop from stores because I just don't see why I should wait 7 / 10 days of an item to end, and then be outbid in the last moment. It is so much more convenient to get what I want, when I want it (given a fair price); pay for it, then get it in the mail w/in the next few days. I think eBay's concept of stores being detrimental to its health is completely flawed: just the opposite is true! Would they stop opposing stores, and help store sellers do their business the way they feel fit (with a variety of equally supported options) AND add a good software for a store shopping cart system compatible with both PayPal and GC, they would roll in millions! Not only that, but besides the money they would also tremendously improve their PR because store sellers would not be upset and leave in bunches.

However, it makes no sense to expect them to make any major changes to their ideas soon. It would, in my opinion, take a real big change in upper management to realize this; so, instead of waiting of wonders to happen, I am all for diversifying when it comes to my business!

Very Happy
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: