eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

customer can't add multiple items to the cart

View previous topic :: View next topic  
poopsheet

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 7:09 am    Post subject: customer can't add multiple items to the cart Reply with quote

The below is from an e-mail I got from one of my customers. When he originally wrote I thought maybe he was hitting "Proceed to Checkout" after each item rather than "Continue Shopping" but this was his response:

Quote:
After hitting Buy Now for Product 1 the next page comes up with it listed and the options "Proceed to checkout" or "Continue shopping". If I hit "Continue shopping" and navigate back to the previous page, then hit Buy now on Product 2 I get the same page as before showing Product 1 and the same two options. No mention of Product 2 anywhere. I can't get past that. I can Proceed to checkout and do the whole checkout thing, but only for Product 1. One at a time it seems.

Has anybody seen this problem? Are there any browser compatibility issues I haven't heard about?

I had another customer use the cart for multiple items just a bit earlier in the day and everything apparently went as it was supposed to.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
zickit

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

when they click on buy it now they are taken to a page that they can change the quanity on.
When they click continue shopping and click buy it now on an item it SHOULD come up with BOTH items on their list.

I just tried it using IE and it worked just like it is suppose too.
poopsheet

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, it's working for me, too, on Firefox.

From his description (above) it sounds like he's doing it correctly but it's not working for him. I've asked him what browser he's using and am waiting to hear (although I bet it's IE).

Does anyone know if this has come up before?

Also, is it possible at all that it could be a cache problem (I think he'd been to the site once before)? Perhaps I should suggest -- just for the heck of it -- he clear his cache and reboot?
poopsheet

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

By the way, BigTall, you seem to be around here quite a bit answering questions and I wanted to say I appreciate that. I hope when I learn the ropes a little better I can do the same.
poopsheet

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just heard from my customer and he says he's using Firefox but he tried it out with IE (using different test products even) and gets the same results.

Does anyone read my customer's step-by-step description (in the first post) differently than I do? It sounds to me like he's using the site properly (and, really, most people know how to navigate a cart now anyway).
zickit

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only thing I can think is that there is something goofy about the second item he is attempting to buy. If you know which item that is why not login and double check that everything is ok with it.

I have never heard of this happening.

Clear cache and reboot certainly won't hurt him - and often will fix problems. It could be that his pc is set to not refresh when you go to the same page you have already been on ... that could explain it not showing the additional item.
poopsheet

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, he tested using different products and got the same results.

This is the latest from him:

Quote:
I use ad blocking software (AdSubtract) and tried turning it off - no change. That's not it. I cleared my cache - no change. That's not it.

I found something else weird too. When I try to delete something from the cart (there is always only 1 item in it) by checking the check box and hitting "Delete", the page just reloads with the item still there! I cleared my cache with the cart page onscreen and tried to delete it again. The page took longer to load but the item was still there. I'm baffled.

I think it may actually be his computer at work so it's possible there's a factor he's unaware of, I suppose.

This guy's a regular customer of mine and has been very patient and helpful with his feedback, so it's not a huge deal. But I'd still love any info that anyone may have for the next time it happens.
zickit

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WHy not just tell him to email you the titles and then you can go to PayPal and click request money then click on invoice and send him one for the items he wants and just forget about using the shopping cart?

Something on his pc don't like the cart being used here.
poopsheet

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, yeah, that's been done already.

See, my store is still pretty new and this guy is only the third person (that I know of) who's attempted to buy anything through it.

So I'm mostly just trying to make sure this isn't an occasional glitch and/or if there's anything I can do on my end.

I know the forums aren't super active (I was hoping for a little more feedback) but I take it this scenario is not common?

Thanks again!
zickit

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

have you gone to www.ecrater.com and click on contact us and filled out the form? That's how you contact them.

The community si more members helping members. Ecrater staff pop in usually about once a week or so.
poopsheet

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh -- no, I haven't done that. I knew that staff popped in so I figured somebody would if they had any input.

Thanks, I'll shoot off a message.
eandgworldofproducts

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 3:35 pm    Post subject: Buy it now problem Reply with quote

I just tried your and went with three items and it works just find I also use IE.

E and G World of Products

Ernie
poopsheet

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Ernie, for trying that out. For this customer it seems that it only happens on one particular laptop so who knows! I guess something on that computer doesn't like eCrater or vice-versa...
GrammasAttic

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just had a thought on your customers problem.... He said
Quote:
and navigate back to the previous page, then hit Buy now on Product 2

Is he hitting his "Back" button to navigate? or is he allowing e-crater to do take him back to your store?

If he's using his back button he's running from his cache.

Just a thought,

Dave
poopsheet

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd have to go back and look at all his e-mails to be certain but I'm pretty sure he was "navigating back" by hitting the "continue shopping" button. I guess that must've been the case because he later told me that the site worked fine for him on a different computer.

Thanks for the post!
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: