eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

feedback

View previous topic :: View next topic  
reneecouturefashion

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 5:24 pm    Post subject: feedback Reply with quote

i have sold six item and i have 3 nice feedback but they do not show up on ecrater feedback but on googles feedback. Why is this happening?
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
acread

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you mean you have some feedback at Google Checkout Reviews page that is separate from the feedback in the eCrater store. Customers leave them at two separate location with two separate accesses. Not every customer gets to leave a feedback for every GC purchase (they send them like every 3rd customer or so). But every customer gets an email to leave feedback for GC purchases at eCrater (that is if you set up the integration properly and the order info appears in the Orders section of your eCrater account. If not, you need to copy the API callback url to your GC account Settings-Integration page and select XML as callback method).

I guess your customers didn't leave any feedback at eCrater. But some left feedback at GC.
Abellamiento

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 11:09 am    Post subject: Another Feedback Question Reply with quote

I do know that eCrater sents out two e-mails re feedback to customers, evidently one at time of sale and then again about 3 weeks out from purchase.

Is there really no way to provide sellers a URL to send to customers to leave feedback? I often get questions from my customers saying they'd like to leave feedback, but can't find out how. I urge them to look for their e-mails in their junk e-mail box, but I feel like I miss out on a lot of feedback.
acread

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 11:23 am    Post subject: Re: Another Feedback Question Reply with quote

Abellamiento wrote:
I do know that eCrater sents out two e-mails re feedback to customers, evidently one at time of sale and then again about 3 weeks out from purchase.

The second email gets sent only if they don't leave feedback using the first one. Those are both for the feedback at the eCrater store. They are not for Google Checkout reviews (feedback). That one gets it's own feedback email from Google Checkout and not from eCrater.
Quote:
Is there really no way to provide sellers a URL to send to customers to leave feedback? I often get questions from my customers saying they'd like to leave feedback, but can't find out how.

Only instant electronic payments (Google Checkout and PayPal) qualify for feedback. The email is sent by eCrater to the email address provided by the buyer in their order. It is sent automatically to every qualifying order.

If the seller got that link there is nothing stopping them from leaving a feedback for themselves cause if you click on it it takes you to the page where the feedback is left. And I am not saying you would do such a thing, but I am sure some would. And that would defeat the purpose of feedback.

Since buyers don't have to have an account at eCrater to buy at eCrater (or any of our stores), there is no place for them to log in and access to leave feedback without having that specially sent to them.
Quote:
I urge them to look for their e-mails in their junk e-mail box, but I feel like I miss out on a lot of feedback.

Yeah, make sure they actually qualify for it. Money order and check payments don't qualify.

If you have GC orders and they are not getting the email (and you are not seing the order info in your Orders section of your eCrater account) that means your API is not entered (or correctly entered). Thus the completion of the payment info is not getting into your store and eCrater is not sending out the feedback email.
Abellamiento

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ACRead - Totally clear explanation! Thank you very much for job well done on educating this seller!
acread

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

no problem Very Happy
reneecouturefashion

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i still don't underdtand why they leave feedback in google not ecrater and
acread

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you log in to your eCrater account and go to "Orders" section. Do you see any of the Google Checkout orders there? If not that means you did not enter the API call back url and your customers are not getting the feedback emails, because Google Checkout doesn't know where to send the order info to.

For Google Checkout reviews all it requires is the customer finish payment and some of them get email from Google Checkout to review. That has nothing to do with the info being sent to eCrater.

Only the eCrater feedback requires the info of completion of the payment before the feedback email is sent to the customer (cause otherwise it thinks the order is not complete)

Do me a favor and check to see if you see any Google Checkout order info in your eCrater account Orders section.
reneecouturefashion

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have check with my order section and there is no google checkout there how do I correct the problem
acread

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please read the following: http://www.ecrater.com/community/viewtopic.php?t=2041&start=17

Pay special attention where it talks about API callback url and callback method. That is what you need to add in Settings - Integration of your Google Checkout account.

PS. that won't cause the past info to be transfered. But from now on if you have a GC order it will appear in your eCrater Orders section and customers will get feedback emails. (Doesn't mean they will use it, but some will)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: