eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Does anyone use Craigslist to promote their store?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
auctionmagnet

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 4:50 am    Post subject: Does anyone use Craigslist to promote their store? Reply with quote

Does any ecrater seller use Craigslist as a means for advertising?

I was reading over the terms and condition section in Craigslist, and they pretty much said that posting an ad with a link to a store such as ebay or any other is against there policy. Just wanted some feedback.

Thanks
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
FoxAndFish

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 5:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Auctionmagnet,

I use Craigslist to sell products but not to promote the eCrater store outright...and my ads there do not contain eCrater links (if I remember right, the post will not go thru if it has eCrater in it). If the buyer asks me thru the contact link about shipping the item, then I refer them to eCrater.
auctionmagnet

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 5:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks fox and fish

i posted one on Sunday in a city in which I do not live, and got my first sale. so the posting did go through, I don't know maybe it was a glitch and I got lucky!!!

Do you post only in your local area, or in different cities.
FoxAndFish

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Auctionmagnet,

Glad your post went thru. I haven't tried putting an eCrater link in an ad there for a few months, so things may have changed, there may have been a glitch when I did it, etc. Don't know. But I remember waiting like 30 min and the post never appeared. When I resubmitted with no eCrater link, it posted in a few minutes, as it usually does.

I post only in my local area (and have sold a number of items locally, esp those that are too bulky to ship, so I don't list them at eCrater), as I try to abide by that site's regulations, just as we respect eCrater's regulations.
MaggietheCatsMeows

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been banned forever evidently by Craigs List and I didn't even include a link. Kijiji.com however gives me no grief and I do sell some items there that are too large for shipping to be practical.
acread

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kijiji is an eBay company, right?
thriftysisters

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have used craigslist to advertise my stores with some success. If you are worried about your posts on craigslist being removed due to a clickable link, don't include your url as a clickable link. What I do is I will post the url as thriftysisters.ecrater.com without the http stuff in front. Then all they have to do is copy and paste it into the address bar if they are that interested in seeing what you have to offer. This will keep your posts from being deleted. I've been doing it this way for yrs and not once have my posts been deleted. Just be sure to relist your posts on craigslist once a week or so to keep them visible.
zickit

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ACRead wrote:
Kijiji is an eBay company, right?

yeah
and don't ebay still own a chunk of craigslist as well?
or did craigslist win the battle to buy back their stock from ebay?
maggiethehousecat

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kijiji is definitely eBay owned but since they don't profit from me using kijiji it doesn't bother me to use it. If Craigslist bought back eBay's shares I never heard about it which doesn't mean all that much.

Recently my neighbors who don't speak much English wanted me to sell their non-HDtv for them on ecrater. After I explained about the shipping to the US, I helped them list it on CL and KIJ. Don't know which one it sold on but it took about 20 minutes.
momsretro

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have used them sometimes with limited success. But I list in my area only. I put a discreet link to my store at the bottom saying "if you would rather do this online click here; just remind me you are from Craigslist so I don't charge for shipping."

I put up an ad last week and got 10 replies ALL scammers. Luckily they were easy to spot with their poor typing and language skills.
ggpelectronics

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been using craigslist to advertise my eCrater store for about 8 months now. I try to not over do it with the ads though. I usually post about 2 ads a week. In the past month I've had over 400 visits through craigslist.
heartofvirginiaantiques

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've done the link thing right many times with no problems; however, recently a few ads have gotten pulled, I think it's somebody in my local area with a a pinecone up their you-know-where or with some kind of axe to grind with me. Or somebody terribly petty. Oh well, I guess...I've sold 3 items on CL within the past week and passed on the link to my store to the people when they came to pick up their purchases.
vintagestar

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I personally don't care for Craig's list. Most replies I get for my listings are spam and someone trying to pull a scam. I just think it's gotten really flooded with spammers, etc. It's frustrating. I don't waste my time there.
ArgonEmpire

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vintagestar wrote:
I personally don't care for Craig's list. Most replies I get for my listings are spam and someone trying to pull a scam. I just think it's gotten really flooded with spammers, etc. It's frustrating. I don't waste my time there.

I had the same experiance... lots of interest, all spams and scams Sad
acread

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You guys are braver than I am. After they caught a robber (in my city) who set up people using Craig's List, I kind of fear using it in any form.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: