eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

frauds!!!! HELP

View previous topic :: View next topic  
xpinkcouturex

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 3:21 am    Post subject: frauds!!!! HELP Reply with quote

I BOUGHT SOMETHING FROM ECRATER the stores name was dealsabove i bought a notebook from them and after one month they did not send me my notebook!!!!! the seller stoped responding and i filed a suit with paypal and after20 days they ruled it in my favor but they could only recover $26 when i paid 720 for the notebook they said that the seller has insufficient funds !!!!! what can i do to get my money back and report this person to the government !!!!!
ClassicTreasures

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to hear about your calamities! It must be very upsetting. One bad apple, it looks like... I believe you have done the right thing by filing with PayPal, too bad they could not recover all your money yet. I am somewhat surprised about this, because PayPal, so I heard, would go after the guy's bank account in buyer complaint cases, if there isn't enough money in the seller's PayPal account. Have you asked them if they do this in your case? Or, did the seller also deplete the bank acct associated with his PayPal account (more than likely this is what happened)?

Now, it is yet another thing to report him to the authorities. You can do this any time, by turning to your local police dept - just make sure you have all necessary information, such as name of item, date of purchase, amount you paid, amount of refund, his PayPal e-mail address and if possible, his last physical address, and name, of course.

Another thing you could do is report this case to the Federal fraud investigation at

https://rn.ftc.gov/pls/dod/wsolcq$.startup?Z_ORG_CODE=PU01

or here:

http://www.ic3.gov/

Please remember, there are wonderful sellers here on e-crater, and the overwhelming majority of them is honest and reliable!

Best of luck with getting your money back

Smile
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
poopsheet

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was your PayPal payment funded by credit card or bank account? If credit card, have you done a chargeback through them?
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: