eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

New sub global category!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zickit

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a sub-category for Buttons --

Categories > Collectibles > Pins, Buttons

Pins, Buttons - is a subcategory within Collectibles
that's where you items belong.

Quote:
I know this is a free service and I don't believe in looking a gift horse in the mouth, (bet I'm dating myself with that cliche' ), but my time is really limited and I just don't feel I can spare a lot of time to set up a store if I can't properly categorize my inventory.

You set up your store categories anyway you want to.
The Global categories are the ecrater.com site itself.
You will be promoting your store and sending your shoppers to your store so your categories and sub-categories are what you need to categories properly.

Quote:
if I can make such a request and to whom and how I would make it

The suggestion section of this forum
or the contact link on the ecrater.com home page.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
BobbiesButtonsandBows

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 4:12 pm    Post subject: Thanks for your prompt response.... Reply with quote

Pins, Buttons is a different and incorrect category for what I am selling - vintage sewing.

Thanks for the information on how to make a request. Sure hope I am successful.

Appreciate hearing from you so quickly.
PegsBUTTONS

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 9:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Thanks for your prompt response.... Reply with quote

[quote="BobbiesButtonsandBows"]Pins, Buttons is a different and incorrect category for what I am selling - vintage sewing.

Thanks for the information on how to make a request. Sure hope I am successful.

Pins,Buttons I believe was set up for pinback buttons which has nothing to do with collectible sewing buttons..I know this because when I first listed here pins,buttons is where I put my collectible sewing buttons and was told my kind of buttons didn't belong there and my buttons were moved to crafts sewing notions and tools by a moderator..I was unhappy about this because MOST of my kind of buttons DIDN'T belong in crafts..this has been a couple years ago..so after a time I checked and others were putting buttons in the pins,buttons so I moved my collectible ones back there..I have asked many times for a collectible sewing buttons catagory under collectibles to no avail!
pins, buttons if not for mine and others should be called..pins, pinback buttons
zickit

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are plenty of buttons in the button category.

There is NO other option for them.
You can request it
and I am almost sure if you search in the suggestions this topic was talked about there.

I just posted where they are - you might not think it's right but that's where they are at.
BobbiesButtonsandBows

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 6:34 am    Post subject: Thanks, Peg Reply with quote

Thanks for your comments, Peg. I'm rather surprised and disheartened at the lack of response to your attempts to set up a correct category for vintage sewing. There are other collectible items that would fall into that category as well as buttons.

Yes, BTMC, there are plenty of buttons in the pins, pinback buttons category BECAUSE there is NO other option for them.

I did search for some time and was unable to locate other discussions - I imagine they are there, Peg has indicated they are there, so I assume they are buried with hundreds of other posts I just didn't have time to read through.

As far as my not thinking it's (the category) right - it isn't a matter of what I think. It's what every other selling site I've been to has used and where buyers go to find the items I am selling. Making my store "buyer friendly" is a main goal.

I'm sorry if I have touched a nerve here, or for whatever I have done for you to take such a tone with me. I've only been here a few days, guess I haven't learned the do's and don't's yet. Well, I guess I have now. Sad
PegsBUTTONS

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes BT there are sewing buttons in that catagory BUT there are also PLENTY (if not more)of pins, pinback buttons..and as I said the 2 products are not related..
Bobbies buttons.. I hope you do make the suggestion in the suggestion forum. But for now this is how I list..I put antique and vintage in the COLLECTIBLES pins,buttons and modern buttons in CRAFTS sewing notions and tools..
good luck with your store and if you have any questions about buttons email me as I have been a collector for over 23 years now.
BobbiesButtonsandBows

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Peg, I have made a suggestion - but have not heard back yet. I'll let you know if and when I do. There are other sellers that support this.

I emailed you - earlier today. If you haven't received it, please let me know - I'll send another. I'm so grateful to meet a collector/dealer with so much experience. Smile
poopsheet

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigTallMensClothing wrote:
I just posted where they are - you might not think it's right but that's where they are at.

They're there, it's true, but they're actually probably good candidates for being miscategorized. Most likely "Pins, Buttons" is supposed to be for things like this:

http://www.ecrater.com/product.php?pid=4593031

An entirely different animal than sewing buttons (and pins, for that matter). They're not the same type of thing so one or the other is in the wrong category...

I've never quite understood why eCrater doesn't add all of those missing, standard categories (the ones you can find at other selling sites, eBay being probably the best guide) and go from there.
BobbiesButtonsandBows

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 12:38 pm    Post subject: Good to know .... Reply with quote

others share my views on this, Poopsheet. But discouraging to note the deficiencies in the global categories continue nonetheless, because of course you are 100% correct/
PegsBUTTONS

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

poopsheet..thank you and you are correct that catagory WAS set-up for
pins,pinback buttons and should be called that..so mine and others are in the wrong place but have no where else to go..
in 2007 this was my email from moderator
"Please move your sewing buttons to the crafts>sewing>notions category. The category in collectibles is for the type of buttons one wears on their lapel, etc-not for clothing buttons. Thank you for taking care of this."
Majority of MY buttons (and other sellers) DO NOT belong in CRAFTS they are COLLECTIBLE buttons.
I'm sure the pin,pinback sellers would love to have the catagory back to themselves and I know we clothing button sellers would love to have our own...well not much sense whining about it here..lol!
I Do LOVE eCrater and thank them for having us.
zickit

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Category suggestions should be made using hte contact form NOT the suggestion forum
go to www.ecrater.com and click on contact.
BobbiesButtonsandBows

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 5:13 am    Post subject: Thanks Reply with quote

Thanks for the clarification I had made the right choice. Smile
BobbiesButtonsandBows

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 7:37 am    Post subject: Thanks, eCrater Team for adding new sub category! Reply with quote

I just received notice from the eCrater team that they have honored my request for a subcategory of "sewing" under the Collectibles global category. Our vintage buttons, notions, patterns, etc. now have a proper home. Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: