eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Hello eCRATER...goodbye to our ebaY store
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ThisThatandProbablyAnothe

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am another FEEDbay refugee! Have been selling there for a while now and the fees are getting to be a real drain on the profits for me. I have been busy uploading items on ecrater, but no sales on this side yet. I found myself on froogle, and have had one email asking a question and that's it so far. At least it means someone found the site! That was enough to encourage me for now. I need to get a sale on this side soon though! I don't want to think that I am trapped at FEEDBAY forever! Sad
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
simplygottahaveit

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

'I feel your pain'

While we've been getting lots of hits (possibly from others here who look at someone's site after reading their post like we do). Sales have been too few and far between.

From my other post regarding our direct competition at ebaY, we have notice a couple of other larger sellers have closed their store but majority are still there.

My DH thinks we will need to reopen the ebaY store. I'm still holding out a bit longer. Purely economics, can't recup the price for the basic store monthly fee and the increased store listing fees, month after month awaiting someone to finally see and more importantly buy the item. Let alone ebaY's increase store FVF's.

Hopefully, things will pick up for all of us here. I've gotten pretty good at listing items ONE by ONE. (never got the hang of the spread sheet way)

Two things I wish for with ecrater...okay three including more sales...the others are easier (more viewable) store link button within a listing to view other items available and an opt out for the feedback.

Again best wishes to all as we approach the fall and holiday season (can't really blame summer month and all being outside, not on their computers any longer!)
ThisThatandProbablyAnothe

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 9:11 am    Post subject: Feebay, Fees and Needing Sales on This format Reply with quote

I had an item pulled from Feedbay for excessive shipping, when it was an item calculatd for the actual weight of the package. I was disturbed to see hundreds of listings for Original Rare Tibetan Items and others things, that were .99 with 30.00 or more in shipping charges! I couldn't believe my item got pulled for actual shipping, and they are consistently allowed to openly dupe customers with phony shipping charges. It seems like Ebay is turning into an operation that caters to big business abroad. While keeping a heavy hand and fees on the little guy just trying to make a little profit. By the time I pay the fees, etc. I am left with sometimes losing money or just breaking even. It's discouraging. Crying or Very sad
simplygottahaveit

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well as the year comes to a close, wanted to wish all other eCrater sellers a happy holiday season!

Our sales here have been few and far between. To date we had about five sales completed (one of which was someone finding our item away from ebaY...it appears...and the others from buying from us on ebaY.) We also had one non pay. Certainly was hoping for more and thought our previous ebaY buyers would follow us here. Sadly, that hasn't happen. We ended ebaY auctions in early December (past experience showed decline sales in our product catagory during this time of year and far too many 'where's my purchase' even though we ship immediately. Inevitably, a few packages will take longer than usual.)

We converted all listing to free shipping hoping that would help and will need to complete the google payment system...on the 'to do' list.

So again best wishes to all and to a very profitable 2007!
buddyslighthouses

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2006 3:27 pm    Post subject: Hello to all the Ebay Refugees Reply with quote

Hi. I am also an Ebay refugee. I was doing pretty well on their site until they raised the fees and made me invisible. Why should I pay out all that money for nothing...and absolutely no chance to grow.

I am happy to meet all of you.
rowsofclothes

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

simplygottahaveit wrote:

We converted all listing to free shipping hoping that would help and will need to complete the google payment system...on the 'to do' list.

So again best wishes to all and to a very profitable 2007!

Im amazed at how many people use google checkout here instead of paypal. I think that will help you immensely. Most of ebay is paypal, well I guess you could say ALL of ebay is paypal. Giving your buy more choices certainly helps.
goldfashionmine

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 1:35 pm    Post subject: HI EVERYONE Reply with quote

HELLO TO ALL AND GOOD MORNING!! Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
CHECK OUT MY STORE WWW.GOLDFASHIONMINE.ECRATER.COM. I HAVE A LOT OF BAGS FOR SALE!! AND NEW INTEL CORE DUO LAPTOP!!
simplygottahaveit

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rowsofclothes, we do offer paypal, but thinking of adding google pay as well.

We email all winning bidders of our ecrater store and only had a couple of sales. Now ebaY is raising fees for auctions too. Sadly I think there are still many bidders at ebaY who only buy from ebaY...at least that's what it seems like Rolling Eyes
goldfashionmine

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 11:47 am    Post subject: coach bags for sale!! gucci too!! Reply with quote

www.goldfashionmine.ecrater.com

sorry that last link didn't work because of the extra dot at the end... Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Cool Cool Razz Razz Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Idea Idea Wink Wink Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
buddyslighthouses

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

simplygottahaveit...

I love your stuff and your prices. Have often looked at your store both here and on the "Bay". However, most of your sizes start at 1X. Do you have anything in XL?
vcbargainhunters

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 8:06 am    Post subject: Hello! Another refugee from FeeBay! Reply with quote

I actually opened an eCrater Store before the Christmas holidays and did pretty darned well, so I'm hoping to phase out our eBay Store entirely soon. I'll keep listing some auctions for exposure, but the bulk of our sales will, hopefully, come from our eCrater Store http://vcbargainhunters.ecrater.com/ and our website http://www.VCBargainHunters.com

I've been lurking in these eCrater Forums for a couple months and I've picked up some great tips, thank you all very much. Best of luck to all eCrater store owners in their quests to free themselve from the clutches of the eBay monster!
simplygottahaveit

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

buddyslighthouses
Thanks for looking at our ecrater store. We do list the measurements of garments and sometimes 1X garments run very close if not the same as some XL's. We primarily sell plus size fashions. Our misses size fashions are listed at another site (from what I've been reading that site can not be mentioned here...a little bird told me Wink ) But that site has been having some trouble of late and was thinking about moving what misses sizes we do have here too)

Our ebaY auctions have still been doing pretty well, just not getting many of them over to ecrater yet. I've emailed some of our repeat buyers asking if they have visited our (ecrater) site. Some comments have been a difficulty in reading the gray text or difficulty running a search. Of course a few indicate they only buy through ebaY were they can pay for all items at once (though I indicate we will send a combined invoice for all purchases in my email) Oh well 'whatcha gonna do'
leStashs

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Periwinkles

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

to all who are new here. Hope you have many sales.

Joyce
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: