eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

new to ecrater no sales what's wrong?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
POTPOURRISALES

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 8:46 am    Post subject: new to ecrater Reply with quote

well I have been here about 2 months and no sales. I believe I have
products in demand and fair (good) prices. SO i am wondering if I am
missing something in my set up of the store. can someone check me out and see if they can spot anything that is obviously wrong with my set up
from a buyers point of view?? I have plenty of hits to all my items.

potpourrisales
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
wtcollectibles

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, your store's front page doesn't show your store name, no welcome message, no featured product. It doesn't actually look like you're ready to open from the front page.

You've only got 21 items, so that's not many things going to the Google feed. Where have you advertised? My suggestions would be to get a logo with your name, add a welcome message, beef up your inventory, and check out the Promote thread in the FAQ's section of the forum.

Best wishes!
Becky
lastade-designs

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The best thing that I can advise is to start with this community forum and begin reading all the hints and tips here. You need to add so much to your store to make it look like a store, so many things you need to do to improve it. Start with the Selling on eCRATER.com category and look back at the different posts. People ask this question all the time and by reading all the things people have to say, you can learn alot. This was how I learned how to fix up my store and I pretty much learn new tips all the time by reading the forums.

I would also put the name of your store in the logo area. This identifies your store everytime people look at a page.
kjscreations

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes... "put up a store & they will come" does not apply with Billions upon billions of websites out there.
You need to read everything you can get your hands on about promoting a website. Read everything here. Take the time to promote everyday.

Too many people think this is that "e-auction" place & don't have to advertise. YOU are the owner of your store & it is up to YOU to make sure you have your store up & running correctly & promote it yourself.
zickit

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 1:21 pm    Post subject: Re: new to ecrater Reply with quote

POTPOURRISALES wrote:
missing something in my set up of the store. can someone check me out and see if they can spot anything that is obviously wrong with my set up

potpourrisales

ASK YOURSELF
what have I done to bring in my buyers?

If you have done NOTHING, nothing is what will happen.
IGGllc

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 9:18 pm    Post subject: Re: new to ecrater Reply with quote

POTPOURRISALES wrote:

potpourrisales

You have to promote your store yourself, be sure you use google attributes to your advantage, and be sure to read over the ecrater terms and conditions so your store doesn't get suspended like mine. Be warned though, your skills in clarevoyance must be very high because they won't tell you why they suspend your store it's up to you to figure that one out, then you have to request they re-enstate it and if you're lucky enough to have guessed the correct "violation" several weeks later your store MIGHT be back.

Seriously though, google attributes, try adwords if you want, they worked for me, just don't compete w/ amazon or ebay unless you want to pay more than $1.00 a click. Craigslist, submit to search engines etc... don't fall for those ads that say they'll put your site in 10,000 search engines for a price. You use the internet everyday, there are only a handful of good search engines to use simply because they are the "norm" chances are more people will search on google than on randomsearchengine.com

Good luck
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: