eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

setting up categories

View previous topic :: View next topic  
CatsGiftsandSupplies

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 6:17 pm    Post subject: setting up categories Reply with quote

I have done just about the dumbest thing possible. I set my store up for people to look for things alphabetically to be a little different. I am not sure what I have done but pray it can be fixed. Somehow I have listed 43 products but they are only under the products. I wanted them to be under the alphabet letter they started with, but when I checked nothing was under the main categories. I have just a list of products going down the line and no products under categories. I hope this makes sense. Is there a way I can get them under categories or do I have to put every product under there all over again.

Any ideas on how to do this "magically"

Thanks
cat
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
acread

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not sure what you are refering to. Confused

Here is your local category named "B is for" http://catsgiftsandsupplies.ecrater.com/category.php?cid=822511&view=list
All your listings for B are under it

Where did you want to put them?

When listing select the correct local category.

If you are refering to the way they look in your admin page as opposed to your store (which you can see by clicking on the word Preview in your store which will open a separate browser page with your store homepage).

In your admin in Products you can open a specific category by selecting the category at the top and not entering any words in search and clicking OK. That will bring the items in the chosen local category.

If you want to change the local category (the categories you created) for any item just click on the edit button next to its name (one with the yellow pencil image on it to the right of the name of the product) in Products then click on the fropdown menu next to the local category, select the new name you want. Scroll down and "Update & Exit".
CatsGiftsandSupplies

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh gosh - thank goodness. I didn't see anything when I clicked under the category. Maybe others looking can see it and i can't? Is that possible.
cat
thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My personal opinion is that the A is for, B is for categories is not a good idea. If I am looking for cat things I would want to click on a category for cats, not click on C and get fake Chanel earrings (those are illegal to sell on ecrater by the way) and a glass.

My advice is to set up workable categories, move the items into the new categories (easy to do using the edit feature pencil) then delete the ABC empty categories.
CatsGiftsandSupplies

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 7:00 pm    Post subject: listing Reply with quote

I might consider changing and the chanel type earrings are illegal to sell?
thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 7:12 pm    Post subject: Re: listing Reply with quote

CatsGiftsandSupplies wrote:
I might consider changing and the chanel type earrings are illegal to sell?

It is illegal to sell any replica, fake or counterfeit designer items. The earrings you are showing are definitely replicas.
CatsGiftsandSupplies

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for letting me know that - I will remove them
cat
acread

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CatsGiftsandSupplies wrote:
Oh gosh - thank goodness. I didn't see anything when I clicked under the category. Maybe others looking can see it and i can't? Is that possible.
cat

What do you mean you can't see them? Are you looking in your admin page "Categories" section? You are not supposed to see any products there. That is the location you only see your categories. Add them, edit them, delete them, move them and feature them. Nothing else.

Or your stores "Categories" page (not the same thing as the Categories page in your admin) which is: http://catsgiftsandsupplies.ecrater.com/category.php If you are not seing products there that is a whole different story.
CatsGiftsandSupplies

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you so much - I really am new to ecrater and I was not looking at it in that address. I do see them that way.
thanks again,
cat....

Am I understanding you right, even though you put it is chanel-type, you still cannot post it?

thanks again.
cat
CatsGiftsandSupplies

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not sure I sent this to you, but I truly appreciate your help. I did see them using that link. (scaredme Smile )

Also, am I understanding you correctly, you cannot sell things like the chanel-type jewelry. It has to be real - you just can't stipulate it in the listings?

Thanks again,
still learning
cat
acread

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suggest you heed what Maggie the Cat said. This second guessing is not going to help your situation. Stop using designer's name to sell replika, etc (which is what Chanel-like means. Chanel has the legal rights to the name Chanel and their designs. You cannot use or reproduce without their authorization). That is illegal and not allowed at eCrater.

You got your answer and get to fixing it. Or you'll find your store suspended.
CatsGiftsandSupplies

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks
I removed it last night when she said that.

I just asked to make sure I understook
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: