eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Make Offer

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
societybooks

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 5:55 am    Post subject: Make Offer Reply with quote

I have been searching the boards and have not found an answer to this. If I missed it I am sorry. but my question is can we make a note on our listing for a Make Offer option? Thanks
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
acread

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can put it. But there is no setting in eCrater accounts that would allow an automatic offer thing to happen. The customers will need to contact you through Ask seller a question or your other contact info and you do your own private barganing. You will need to edit your listing and change price before your buyer makes purchase or invoice them and they don't go through eCrater's checkout and you edit the listing for quantity or Hide.
societybooks

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 6:25 am    Post subject: make offer Reply with quote

If I make a deal through email, then change the listing price, then will it go through ecrater checkout? Am I getting this right, if I just invoice it will not go through the ecrater checkout, but if I revise the price it will. Not sure what you mean when you say I have to hide the listing? Why? Thanks that was a help but still confused on a few points.
acread

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 6:49 am    Post subject: Re: make offer Reply with quote

societybooks wrote:
If I make a deal through email, then change the listing price, then will it go through ecrater checkout? Am I getting this right, if I just invoice it will not go through the ecrater checkout, but if I revise the price it will.

There are two ways you can do this:
1. After you made the bargain and both you and the buyer agree, you change price, inform buyer so he/she can go and do the checkout in your store (and pay as part of puttin in the order in the regular way). But this does not guarantie that someone else won't happen on it and buy it. With this method you take your chances. That is if you don't have more than one of that item to sell at the time you may end up selling two or more of the same thing till the buyer you negotiated sees your email goes to the site and does the checkout (depending on how frequently they check their emails it may take days). Or if you have more than one of the item you may end up selling to many people at the same low price without doing any bargain with them. If you are OK with that it is no problem.

2. A better way of dealing with it is don't change price and send an invoice to buyer from PayPal or Google Checkout after the two of you agree on the price. So at that point you can hide the listing (if you don't have any more of the identical item to sell at that point. So people won't keep buying. But you could use the listing again by unhiding it if you have an identical item to sell instead of making a whole new listing from scratch for the same thing.) or delete it. Or change the quantity of the listing manually.
Quote:
Not sure what you mean when you say I have to hide the listing? Why? Thanks that was a help but still confused on a few points.

Let's say you are selling a copy of Carrie by Stephen King. New book you have one copy. You negotiate with customer and sell it. If you can get more new copies of Carrie then you just hide the listing while waiting for your stock of Carrie to arrive. Since it is against eCrater's rules to keep the listing on and keep on selling while you do not have the item to ship. When the additional copies of Carrie comes in you edit your listing and remove the check next to Hide so your listing is unhidden and available for sale (you do change the quantity if necessary too). So you don't have to write a whole new listing for Carrie like you would need to do if you deleted it. Saves you time.
societybooks

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 7:11 am    Post subject: Make offer Reply with quote

Thanks for the help, now I got it.
HappyHookerRugsAndMore

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the quick and concise answers and examples. I really wanted to make sure it was not against eCrater policy, as I didn't want to risk my store being suspended! This is great news!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: