eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

No sale do anybody no about ecater website?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
reneecouturefashion

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 5:26 pm    Post subject: No sale do anybody no about ecater website? Reply with quote

Doe people look at ecrater site? it is so hard to make a sale/ i have put my name on twitter, facebook no sale? I guess ebay is still the only choice to make on money or what?
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
acread

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not easy to promote, advertise a website. There is a reason all those listing sites are charging you those high fees. It is a full time job for many people to do. Someone needs to pay their salaries.

But one thing is that when you pay a fee to a site like eBay, it does not always go to promote your items. Some of it goes to promoting your competition. At eCrater you spend that money and time to benefit you specifically. It makes a difference.

But this site is definitely not for someone who is not going to work very hard for it. If you just list a few things and wait, a sale here and there may happen. But you won't make your store very successful that way. You need to add new content, build links going to your site. There needs to be constant change to bring in traffic (which is a very competitive thing on the internet. Everyone wants high traffic and there is only so much space to show yourself and the number of competition increases every day). If you are not able to do that with your store, then you do it with a secondary site like website or a blog, and direct the traffic to your store.

Any way you look at it it requires a lot of work. Also the economy being what it is now is not helping so much. Which means it requires even more effort. I don't know about you but every day I hear about a business going bankrupt. Not so pretty.
thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Renae, do you have anyone who can correct your English? I noticed a number of misspellings and words I think you used in error.

You are selling high end designer items and people want to be sure they know what they are getting before they buy. Also you sell brands that are often faked so the more perfect you can make your titles and descriptions, the more they will trust you.
kjscreations

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

is everything free shipping? That was one thing I noticed. & what maggie said about "designer" name items.
zickit

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Doe people look at ecrater site?

My guess is only those that come to the site via a google search.

It's your job to bring in your buyers.

Quote:
I guess ebay is still the only choice to make on money or what?

You pay ebay to bring your buyers. You don't pay here - you bring your own buyers.
MaggietheCatsMeows

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have shipping as free except to the mainland US. The other places will cost more and you are giving them free shipping. You need to fill in each shipping space.

I took a better look at your photos. You have several photos but they are more or less the same angle. When I am looking at designer items, one thing I look for is the stitching and fine details. This is one of the ways to tell a fake from the genuine. I can't see any details on your items even when I click on to supersize the pic. Take some closeups of your bags so people can see the quality of the stitching, closures, seam matching etc.
acread

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 3:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As far as shipping goes. If you do not fill the boxes in your listings and in the shipping matrix (for all the countries other than US and Canada you chose) eCrater will accept that as free shipping to those destinations. And customers won't get charged anything. You either fill out the boxes (both in your listings and in the shipping matrix) or you turn on the USPS calculated shipping in the Options (that is if you are in US). But if you don't do that you pay the postage from your own pocket.
tsudhonimh

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reneecouture -

Look at your site: The product names are not spelled correctly in many of the listings.

How can someone find you when they search for "handbag" and you typed hanndbag?
zickit

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And it's the sites fault the store has no sales
TotallyKids

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think your mis-spellings have alot to do with traffic. The search engines can't find items with that. For example your womans rainboots the word coach is mis-spelled. Also, better pictures would help. Take closups of tags and labels. I think if you follow everyones advice you'll get better traffic. Very Happy
ALotofSparkle

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 4:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

is there no close ups of labels, because it will say made in China????

Laughing
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: