eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Is this a suspended store?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
IGGllc

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 9:17 am    Post subject: Is this a suspended store? Reply with quote

I can only assume that my store got suspended for some reason. Ecrater get's a zero for communication! if I go to my store all my products are on the main page, but when you click on them, it says "No inventory". I just wanted to check my feedback but I guess I got kicked to the curb by ecrater. Oh well, ebay & Amazon are ten times better than this place, beleive me the thought of making tens of dollars a month here is intoxicating, but I'll stick with the places that make you THOUSANDS.

I have no idea why I got suspended, I have invoices for all my products, nobody bothered to tell me of any violations or anything.

Who makes a decent amount here anyway in comparison to the big dogs, peace to hoes.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
acread

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your store is suspended. That is what Google Ads appearing instead of your products inside the categories in your store means.

You need to read the following: http://www.ecrater.com/community/viewtopic.php?t=1214

We at the forum can only make guesses to the reason it got suspended. You need to read through that post and figure out what caused your trouble.

My guess just by looking at your products would be the illegal copying and selling of copyrighted or trademarked material.

But hey I may be wrong. I can't see your product pages. The reason maybe something else.

If you read eCrater's terms of service you will see that they don't give a warning. You need to obey them or if they catch you you get suspended. You need to remove whatever violated the terms and contact them to get the store back. (that is if you are still able to access your admin page. If not it means they shut your operation.)

Here is their terms page: http://www.ecrater.com/terms.php
IGGllc

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ACRead wrote:
Your store is suspended. That is what Google Ads appearing instead of your products inside the categories in your store means.

You need to read the following: http://www.ecrater.com/community/viewtopic.php?t=1214

We at the forum can only make guesses to the reason it got suspended. You need to read through that post and figure out what caused your trouble.

My guess just by looking at your products would be the illegal copying and selling of copyrighted or trademarked material.

But hey I may be wrong. I can't see your product pages. The reason maybe something else.

If you read eCrater's terms of service you will see that they don't give a warning. You need to obey them or if they catch you you get suspended. You need to remove whatever violated the terms and contact them to get the store back. (that is if you are still able to access your admin page. If not it means they shut your operation.)

Here is their terms page: http://www.ecrater.com/terms.php

Thanks for the response, now I know it's one of 19 things that may have gotten my store suspended. I don't know what it is, this is like getting your credit slashed with a credit card company and they say

"We cut your line because of your overall credit profile, it was one of the following reasons, we don't know which but it's one of them... we think.

debit to credit ratio
outstanding debt
too many inquiries
debit to income ratio
the wind blew in the wrong direction
spite
etc...

Why would you think copywright infringement? Simply because I sell DVDs?

Is this the appeal system?

1. Ecrater suspends you for reasons unknown
2. it is up to the seller to figure out WHAT was wrong
3. If seller can't figure it out, since ecrater never responds to inquiries (Per the MANY posts under suspended stores) they must edit and guess and hope that they've corrected violation.
4. If you get it right ecrater will reactivate your store. provided you can find some sort of form that is again mentioned throughout the suspended store forum

I guess it's evident by the suspended store forum alone that many people either never hear back or give up because they don't know what happened.

Thanks for responding ACRead, I'm just a little frustrated that this happened, thank god it wasn't an important venue like Amazon or Ebay, I won't even notice this one, I wouldn't get many sales here anyway, google made more money than I did here because I was learning their adwords program, but I won't bother now, might as well promote my own website, it looks ten times better than these run of the mill dime a dozen ecrater stores that look as bad as amazon storefronts minus the HUGE online catalog that users search through.

To Ecrater:

I understand this is your venue and you can make all the rules, that's fine it's your site. I would suggest not implementing a star system like the real sites use, because you can't list ANYTHING to grade communication until you actually do the same. Thank you for letting me give your site a try, for the first year it was totally a waste of time, but you did something to get more traffic. My opinion matters not, no seller fees to loose right?

Are there other store members that have no clue why they were suspended and just gave up? I'm sure there are, but the chances of them still being here to read this is slim.
acread

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

As I said that was a guess on my part. I have no clue as to why you got suspended (I don't have access to that info nor do I make the decision on who get's suspended). I gave it a shot to help you with figuring out the issue. I am no expert. For my untrained eye that would be the first suspect. But if that is the reason and you have documentation to prove the opposite, just contact eCrater and submit it. If your stuff is legit you'll get the listings back. Error may happen form time to time and when shown eCrater fixes it. And keeps it in their record so it won't happen again.

But if you think that is not the cause, go through the list and pick out what it might be.

And don't get riled up if you don't receive instant response from eCrater to your message. There is a waiting list. So it takes a few days for them to go through things.
Quote:
thank god it wasn't an important venue like Amazon or Ebay, I won't even notice this one

If that was true, why did you even bother to post? You are contradicting yourself.

Just because eBay and Amazon are too large for detecting fake stuff on time does not mean they are better venues. But whatever man. If you don't care about your eCrater store. Why would I?

This has a strange deja vu feel to it. Did you have another eCrater store that got suspended before this?
IGGllc

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ACRead wrote:
Quote:

As I said that was a guess on my part. I have no clue as to why you got suspended (I don't have access to that info nor do I make the decision on who get's suspended). I gave it a shot to help you with figuring out the issue. I am no expert. For my untrained eye that would be the first suspect. But if that is the reason and you have documentation to prove the opposite, just contact eCrater and submit it. If your stuff is legit you'll get the listings back. Error may happen form time to time and when shown eCrater fixes it. And keeps it in their record so it won't happen again.

But if you think that is not the cause, go through the list and pick out what it might be.

And don't get riled up if you don't receive instant response from eCrater to your message. There is a waiting list. So it takes a few days for them to go through things.
Quote:
thank god it wasn't an important venue like Amazon or Ebay, I won't even notice this one

If that was true, why did you even bother to post? You are contradicting yourself.

Just because eBay and Amazon are too large for detecting fake stuff on time does not mean they are better venues. But whatever man. If you don't care about your eCrater store. Why would I?

This has a strange deja vu feel to it. Did you have another eCrater store that got suspended before this?

no I did not have another ecrater store that got suspended.

Why bother to post? I want to expand my ability to generate income, ecrater was another venue in addition to other working venus. Ecrater appeared to start picking up after sitting dormant for over a year. It was becoming "important" to me.

Ebay & Amazon too busy to detect fake stuff? Not something I'm worried about because my stuff is legit. At least they'll contact you and tell you if you are doing something wrong.
zickit

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I beleive your items are showing as RED in the product section of your admin area
THAT is eCRATER communicating with you to tell you there is something wrong.
99.9% of the times it is a terms violation. You need to read the terms and fix the issue.

On thing I can see is that titles like
Zumba Fitness
do not tell what you are selling - therefore they are seen as meaningless and that is against terms.
BUT I don't think that is why you were suspended, as not every item has worthless titles.
Are all your items in the correct global category?
I don't think it was your store but I know recently there was a store with X-rated movies and they were not in the sex category.

It's hard for us to guess since we can not see the descriptions- previous feedback or anything else.
poopsheet

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not throwing accusations around but this bit from your FAQ suggests you may not always know you're selling a bootleg. Maybe a manufacturer or a customer complained to eCrater, who knows...

Quote:
Are these legit?
We inspect the products when we get them. If there is any evidence of a clearly unofficial copy, we will not list it on this site. However, since we are not living archives of every dvd package ever made, we do offer a complete refund for anything that is found to be "questionable." We appreciate your help in this endeavor as well. If you happen to receive something we can use to bust some bad guys, we'll refund you AND donate the cost of the item to charity. Feel free to examine our Return Policy page.
FashionChicsBoutique

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 11:09 pm    Post subject: Hhhhmmmmm Reply with quote

I don't know about Ebay but Amazon will suspend your account if you sneeze. I know a seller who got suspended before he sold anything. Another seller contacted him and told him that if he didn't raise his prices then he was going to turn him into amazon and say he sold fakes. The seller would not be intimidated like that and assumed amazon would allow him to (at least) state his case. Well they didn't. They just went in and suspended his account. It was actually kind of funny. He had sold nothing and amazon had that information. Another seller contacts them and says "I bought something from this guy and it's a fake" and the account gets suspended. If those are the rules I don't think I would want to sell there.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: