eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

The American Dream
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
archangelsspecialtygifts

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 11:35 am    Post subject: The American Dream Reply with quote

I feel that the Ecrater administrators show just how little they know about free enterprise and the marketplace in cyberspace. I've been on the internet for a very long time and I know what happens to a website that produces unhappy customers ,they fall. I feel sorry for ecrater. I thought it was a nice place to get a business started, but the administrators here are leaving this site vulnerable to their competition. No place with tight restrictions such as this will ever last in cyberspace. I've seen websites come and go. And they fail, because their customers went somewhere else where they had freedom. I think it's clear enough to say that this country was founded on freedom. And if you want to call yourself an American then you should embrace that freedom. And furthermore I just saw a product in Home and Garden>Garden and Patio that came from the same vendor as mine and it's the first product you see in that category. What gives ecrater the right to let them have the top space, but discriminate against my product. I'm taking my business and all of my fellow business friends to one of ecraters competitors and I suggest that all of you do the same if you want to embrace true American freedom. Places like this only stand to do one thing and that's to kill the "American Dream" that our forefathers and future generations have died to protect and to nurture.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
castlegifts

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rolling Eyes Boy, you really are all over yourself. You complained in your whole topic about the American Freedom and then get all bent out of shape because someone else is selling the same thing you are. You say you have been on the internet for a long time. Well apparantly not that long. If your stuff comes from where I think it comes from (SMC), then I too could have the same items posted on many online venues where other people are selling the same stuff. And why shouldn't that persons items be before yours or why shouldn't yours be before someone else's. Pesonally I say if you are that unhappy then move on, but don't make it out to be someone elses fault.
aspencounty

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree 100% but if you read ecraters comments concerning SMC ( Read any SMC members) you will see that he openly discriminates against SMC and the sellers who came here. I guess it's his site and he can do as he pleases but it doesn't say much for him as a person or a business man.
archangelsspecialtygifts

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CastleGifts wrote:
Rolling Eyes Boy, you really are all over yourself. You complained in your whole topic about the American Freedom and then get all bent out of shape because someone else is selling the same thing you are. You say you have been on the internet for a long time. Well apparantly not that long. If your stuff comes from where I think it comes from (SMC), then I too could have the same items posted on many online venues where other people are selling the same stuff. And why shouldn't that persons items be before yours or why shouldn't yours be before someone else's. Pesonally I say if you are that unhappy then move on, but don't make it out to be someone elses fault.

You totally missed the mark on the point I was making. I'm not concerned with others selling the same products or particularly the placement of my products just as long as my products gets fair treatment. However, what I am upset about is being singled out , just like all the thers who sell the same products,as an affiliated website with my vendor in which I have a license to sell those products where ever I want. It's my business not my vendors business. And that singling out my products sent all of my products straight to the bottom of the list, blocked their submission to Froogle and can cause legitimate web directories,search engines and webcrawlers to deny my submission thus, giving me limited advertising opportunities. I really feel that if a site is going to act they way this site does then its not worth anyone of us to invest our time here. Time is money. And you want to say that this is there site that they can do whatever they want, but don't forget that our government has fair business practice laws to protect us.
castlegifts

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 5:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sad I don't understand. If there are other members selling SMC products why would you be singled out? Could you point me to a topic that discusses the SMC problem. If that is the case then I am sorry for my reaction and I apologize, you or anyone else should not be singled out because of what you sell or where it comes from. Crying or Very sad
aspencounty

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not just one SMC seller being singled out, it's all SMC sellers being dicriminated against. If you read ecrater's comments in the thread "any SMC members" you will see what I'm talking about.
archangelsspecialtygifts

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aspencounty wrote:
It's not just one SMC seller being singled out, it's all SMC sellers being dicriminated against. If you read ecrater's comments in the thread "any SMC members" you will see what I'm talking about.

Just think ecrater is biting one of the hands that fed it. I heard about Ecrater.com through SMC.
zickit

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2006 3:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In my opinion - your post lost all creditiblity because you stated
Quote:
I'm taking my business and all of my fellow business friends to one of ecraters competitors and I suggest that all of you do the same if you want to embrace true American freedom

YET your ecrater.com store is still open for business, lol.

So You obviously haven't put it on hold to not accept the orders.

ecrater.com is all about YOU advertising your store. Personally I do not rely on ecrater.com to bget me business. I advertise it. I bring in my own customers.

Please explain to me the advantage of it appearing on ecrater.com with all the competition there? Pointing YOUR buyers to YOUR store is where you will make your sales.

I don't have the stats - but it would be interesting to know exactly how many shoppers go to www.ecrater.com and shop. I know I don't. I go to sellers I know, directly to their URL's.
aspencounty

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2006 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigTallMensClothing wrote:
In my opinion - your post lost all creditiblity because you stated
Quote:
I'm taking my business and all of my fellow business friends to one of ecraters competitors and I suggest that all of you do the same if you want to embrace true American freedom

YET your ecrater.com store is still open for business, lol.

So You obviously haven't put it on hold to not accept the orders.

ecrater.com is all about YOU advertising your store. Personally I do not rely on ecrater.com to bget me business. I advertise it. I bring in my own customers.

Please explain to me the advantage of it appearing on ecrater.com with all the competition there? Pointing YOUR buyers to YOUR store is where you will make your sales.

I don't have the stats - but it would be interesting to know exactly how many shoppers go to www.ecrater.com and shop. I know I don't. I go to sellers I know, directly to their URL's.

Those of us the have spent any time selling on the web realise the importantance of promoting our own stores. Even for those that have an eBay store realise that you simply can not rely on ebay to promote and bring customers to your store.

This issue here is certain sellers of certain products have been singled out and are being treated very differently than other sellers. I don't know anything about your business other than you sell clothing items. Look at it this way, what if Ecater suddenly said the there are to many people selling the same or simular type clothing items and the market is becoming saturated. Now as a result I'm taking it upon myself to make sure that all ecrater stores that sell clothing will NOT be feed to Froogle, that all simular clothing items will show at the bottom each catagory and all simular clothing items will not be included in ecrater searches. If you try to look at this from my prosective you may understand why this is such an issue to me and others.

If you really feel that this doesn't make any difference in your ability to sell your products on ecrater, go to him and ask that your items be excluded from the Froogle feed, that you be placed at the bottom of each catagory and your item not show in any ecrater searches.
zickit

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2006 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's my understanding that FROOGLE rules state that affilate items can not be feed into Froogle.com. THat's not an ecrater rule but a FROOGLE rule. SMC is an affliate operation as is Avon, Fuller Brush, Amway and many many other sorts for products. None are allowed on Froogle.

My suggestion is that whenyou find an item that you know is SMC that is appearing in an ecrater.com search or a froogle search and is coming from ecrater.com you make ecrater.com aware by filling out the contact us form. That way the problem can be fixed.

Nothing has changed at ecrater.com in regard to SMC. It's always been stated in the user agreement that affilate items are not included in the search.

Personally I was going to start selling a product line that was an affilate type situtation. When I came to ecrater.com over a year ago and I read the user agreement, I thought why bother with that affilate line. Sure I could have done it anyway but I decided not too because of the ecrater rules. My choice. As it's ecrater.com choice not to want to flood the market with the same items.

You mention ebay - go there and see the flooded markets on certain items. Why bother fighting the competition? Either fine a new market or a new product line - that's my thoughts!
aspencounty

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2006 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How do you figure that anyone that sells SMC products is an affiliate. I'm certain that you do not personally manufacture the clothing items you sell. I'm guessing that you buy from the manufacturer, a wholesale distributor or clearance house. If so does this make you an affilliate? SMC is and had been for over 50 years a wholesaler supplier period. The diffinition of an affiliate program is anyone that promotes a compamy or a companies products on a percentage or commission of any sells. I buy my product from a company and it up to me to sell them for a profit or a loss. I do not work for SMC, do not do I receive a commision or percentage. If you see a website selling these products we paid for and built these ourselves not SMC. Oh, it would be great if someone would just give me a website full of products to sell and pay me a commision or a percentage but it just doesn't work that way.I built and manage two websites .One thats sells only SMC product and one that has SMC and products from my other vendors. I feed them to Froogle daily so the suggestion that Froolge doesn't accept my products/websites is completely inaccurate.

The whole thing just proves that many people are uneduacted on how our business model works. I understand that this whole issue is a mute point here but if you are one that sells products supplied by a wholeseller I would be very very concerned about putting lots of energy into ecarter. As the man said your stores and products are being treated differently.
memorylaneplaques

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2006 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes.. ecrater is free except for sellers time to list.. but alot of this work has been paid for by ecrater...making the site easy to list on....and this means ecrater definitely has the control of this not the sellers.... if sellers want control they have to pay and get their own website...

ecrater I think is trying to see how they can get a return on helping the sellers by paying for some of the sellers expense themselves...ecrater i think is thinking of getting ebay buyers here.... trying to make it easy and with the best products at the best price and trying to give those ebay buyers security with feedback and warnings.... ecrater seems to understand alot of the problems with smc products that have flooded the country in all the ways.....internet...dollar stores....flea markets.. i sold smc products for awhile both on yahoo and barely on ebay... when yahoo was doing pretty well BEFORE the dollar stores exploded with the same products at cheaper prices... .. then smc started charging too much shipping fees especially where most the buyers are in the east... also 5-10% of stock would be out of stock after a buyer buys it... this problem is what good sites don't need.. buyers expecting to get their product they buy and don't....but the kicker for me with getting rid of sellingsmc stuff was when i saw the same item at dollar stores at the lowest price i could buy it from smc.. and this is without the shipping high rate to the east from smc..

to grow this site and get ebay buyers here.. I think one needs to not have this here... LATER once this is built enough with real money being made for sellers.... then maybe charge a list fee of a nickel.... then let the smc stuff in....this listing fee then will limit what DOES sell ...what i see is smc stuff has flooded the whole country and the explosion of the dollar stores selling their stuff cheaper makes it very hard...

to me the wise thing is to let ecrater build it their way since it is free and they are investing real money.... we sellers help with listing the items.. but us sellers may should have a website also and use that for where our efforts of marketing goes to...... our own websites can draw people that don't use ebay.....but ecrater will draw people from there.... if we have both then we will have all the potential buyers on the net covered ....
zickit

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2006 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All I know for sure is eCrater.com says it's an affiliate - that's all that matters. It's their site and if you don't like it - you don't have to list here.

Yahoo banned indexing of affiliate sites back in 2004. They are perfectly within their rights to remove any type of content they want from their index. And so is ecrater.com!

It's more of a control of how much of one item ecrater.com wants to have on it's site. eCrater.com don't want 100 of the same item offered by 100 different sellers. Look at ebay. SMC killed many categories by flooding the market. Those info commercial getting people to pay to sell SMC stuff on ebay and on websites FLOODED the place.

In MY OPINION - it's about keeping eCrater.com from being FLOODED with SMC items.

NOW if you want to agrue -- I would agrue the fact that Fuller Brush - definately an affilate operation items come up in an ecrater.com search! AND they are being feed into FROOGLE!

NOW I personally was told a year ago that I couldn't sell Fuller Brush on ecrater.com!
OuiJoli

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2006 3:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Post Subject Reply with quote

Hmm... Is it my desease of a bad emagination that ecrater.com admins are making judgments on our future on line business? Or does this mean that ecrater.com admins will not allow store fronts from future members with SMC memberships? Afrer all I do picture ecrater.com as an advertising avenue to assist us with our web pages, web promotions and physical shops. Don't misunderstand me ... I do think that admins at ecrater.com are providing a great marketing tool making it available to all who wish to add their physical store products to a known on line resource. However it is not very diplomatic for ecrater.com admins to determine who can sell and what can be sold.

Very Happy happy you are considering or have decided to remove the adult content. Such content can and should be on an adult site ... XXXX
amorfatalis

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 9:46 pm    Post subject: RE: Post subject: The American Dream Reply with quote

Sad to say I kind of see what archangel means. I'm a brand new user, I only signed up a few hours ago and already it seems things are a bit overkill and I'm getting a fascist/police state atmosphere from this place. I really do hope I'm mistaken because I love the set-up and everything else about it. But I was banned today for really no good reason, just trying to check things out.. my site wasn't even started much less finished and not meant for public viewing. It was a huge waste of time and I don't feel there was really any good, logical reason why I was banned. You shouldn't be able to be banned for a site you are still working on...

I was just checking the place out to be honest. Don't even know when/if I will have a store just yet. I've never made one before and was just checking things out and experimenting when I suddenly got the "no such product" message for every single thing I tried to list. So very annoying and disappointing.

This site looks great. It's a shame this had to happen.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: