eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

I love eCrater but wanted more!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MIZombie

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought about that but I didn't start the split of topics. Cant you split the topic?

Zombie
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
wahm922

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I quit smoking twice, the first was 8 years ago when I was pregnant. That lasted until I was done nursing and had my first drink - smoking just goes hand in hand wiht a drink Embarassed

I quit again when I was pregnant with baby #2 and never started again, he turned 4 in December.

I have no desire to ever smoke again!
JJsNovelties

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Back to web sites...I read this link Friday night and stayed up very late starting a site. Then a weather front came through Saturday morning and I'm just getting over a 2 day migraine. Just in time for work tomorrow.

I'd love some opinions on it.

www.freewebs.com/jjsnovelties

Now I just have to get a lot of things listed --- which had been my plan for the weekend.

Thanks, Jan
Tsurfer

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 5:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

YourRainyDayBookStore wrote:
Tsurfer wrote:
This is my web site
http://www.freewebs.com/tsurfer

Your web site is really great looking! Did you pay anything extra to end up with such a nice looking site?

joyce

Nope just a lot of trial and error on my own. Thanks for stopping buy and checking it out.

T
randasresale

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A little late in this thread, but I love your site Fab, it looks great.

And I quit smoking, too, about 5 days ago.

Randa
www.randasresale.com
www.randasresale.ecrater.com
www.randa-avenue.com
capitalus

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To all you ex-smokers - CONGRATS!!! Everyone makes mistakes, the question is if you can admit it and fix it. I never smoked, but my dad did, and he is not around for over 15 years now. Yes, lung cancer at 53. He tried to quit a few times in his life but never kept it, unfortunately.

I work for an insurance company and deal with mortality tables - we have 2 general categories of clients - smokers and non-smokers, and the mortality is WAY different for them.
fabulous-for-less

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update on my website... CLOSED! Didn't like my supplier and after a lot of research... decided that the costs were just too high. I learned a lot though. In fact, I decided to turn all of my attention on my three stores that are already up and running and utilize the knowledge I gained in just one short week.

I signed up for Google Adwords, Microsoft AdCenter and Yahoo Marketing. They are all pay-per-click sites. LOTS of hits, no sales yet but that's OK... it's going to take time. I just had to take a step back and look at things objectively with no emotion. When I started having doubts about the site, my husband (who is always 100% supportive) told me that I probably got antsy from such slow sales this January and needed something "else" to focus on... well, he's probably right.

So I'm going to focus on finding new inventory, stocking my stores and paying for the adword marketing because when spring comes and everyone gets their tax refund checks... I want to be ready!!! LOL
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Next Topic -

I quit smoking cold turkey in July of 2002. I wanted to quit so bad but was so scared. So... I took a very emotional approach. I sat down with a piece of paper and wrote my family a letter of apology. I imagined that I was just diagnosed with terminal cancer and had only weeks to live (morbid I know... but bear with me)... my daughter was 5 at the time and I apologized to her that I wouldn't get to see her go on her first date, or her prom, or her wedding... My son was 8 at the time and I apologized that I would be missing his basketball games, his first date and his wedding. I told my husband that I was sorry I didn't quit sooner so we could have more time together, but it was OK for him to remarry as long as his wife was good to the children and treated them as her own.

I wrote until I was sobbing... I read and re-read that letter until I had it practically memorized and I never smoked again after that. Whenever a craving hit me, I thought of my letter, pulled it out and held it in my hands. It gave me something to fight for... rather that just willpower, which doesn't last long after the initial rah-rah's of "I can do this!!" are over with.

Make it personal. Make it mean something and you can't fail. Why? Because people are counting on you! Your life is counting on you!

Good luck! It's not easy but you CAN do it!
wahm922

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a very smart thing to do, to relize when things aren't working and move on. I'm in the process of regrouping as well. I have 4 stores here on eCrater and its just not working for me.

As much as I hate to give something up I've come to relize that its prolly for the best when its not producing an income. It's hard because it is something that did work at one point and I like the name and my logo and stuff like that. So I'm having a hard time just letting it go Crying or Very sad

Your approach to quit smoking brought tears to my eyes and that's pretty much how I see it. When I was just me and I smoked it only affected me. Now I have a family that needs me and they deserve to have a healthy Mom!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: