eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Did not receive order notification from eCrater

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
snowflakememories

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 8:01 pm    Post subject: Did not receive order notification from eCrater Reply with quote

Well finally it happened, received the notification of payment from PayPal but not the usual note from noreply@ecrater.com with the purchase. A couple of days now have passed.
The order is legit and I double checked with PP and the order list in eCrater.

I wonder if my service provider Comcast has started again to cut mail from certain servers as they did in the past. (I read a recent post about Earthlink doing the same with eCrater).
I know a little bit of Comcast policy as I had the misfortune to send a complaint to our Attorney General about it and got contacted by Comcast executives at the upper level every day for a couple of weeks !!!

Once they detect a server sending out spam or what is perceived as spam, they block all the mail coming from that server. It is like the USPS deciding to not forward any mail from New York because someone there is sending out junk mail. To unblock the server the "mail sender" and not the recipient, needs to send to their service provider a request to unblock who in turn should send the request to Comcast.

Now think of this, at the end of 2007 my direct sales went South, many customers (and my son from Europe) could not contact me via email and they had their email returned with an error message, someone called me at the phone to report the problem, others just went to buy somewhere else and for good, hence my complaint with the Attorney General.
Imagine telling your customers to fill out a form and send to their SP to have the server unblocked to properly communicate with you.
It's easier to do a Google search and buy another place.

I don't know if this is the current problem, but I wanted let you know of strange things happening in cyberspace.
As a lesson learned I'm using whenever is possible a gmail account, it works great, it's free and I'm not tied to any service provider.
I still use Comcast email for eCrater as I am concerned to break some link with Google c/o or PP but considering to switch soon.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
zickit

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One thing I do EVERYDAY (at least once a day)
is I look at my MONEY accounts - everywhere I get paid. If I have money then I know I need to look for an order.

Many Many emails never get to where they are suppose to go - I don't rely on them. If I got money then I go look for the order.
Mikessportingoods

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great idea...
snowflakememories

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, very good advice, I do the same a couple of times a day, in PP and Google. I like your philosophy' essence of checking "where the money goes" , good mnemonic tip.

However I fired up the note to warn other merchants not to rely totally on emails, even if you pay a lot for your internet service, it does not guarantee a zippo.
Thanks
JefferysJunction

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had the same issue as the O.P..... I sold two items today and received notice from Paypal. But I have not received any notice of sales from eCrater today.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: