eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Pictures not showing up in Google products or web search.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Periwinkles

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 11:10 am    Post subject: Pictures not showing up in Google products or web search. Reply with quote

Is anyone else having this problem? I looked up a number of my items on google shopping and the web and when they showed up the picture was not there and it said image not available. I have pictures on all my items and never had this problem before.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
Periwinkles

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just checked again and now they are showing up. That's really weird. Maybe there was a glitch at Google - who knows.
acread

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you have dial up?

If the connection is slow it might fail to upload all the images on a page sometimes. Maybe that was it.
Gr8dayze

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dial up here, same thing. Then it would refresh and be fine. Two dixie cups connected by a string will do that. Also, if it's a brand new feed, it might not have fully been balanced across all of the answer returning servers?
Periwinkles

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have dial up have DSL. I just checked again and part of the items show the pictures and part of them don't. I guess it is probably Google as I'm sure Ecrater sent the whole listing. I tried reloading the page like I did last time but it didn't fix it.
acread

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here your go: http://www.google.com/products?q=periwinkles&hl=en&authorid=5154864&cdn=periwinkles&lnk=storesugg

I see all the images. check it out to see if you do too. If not let me know (with an example or two) there which ones are missing.

You said you are doing a hand feed to Google Base. Could you be mixing the two possibly?
Gr8dayze

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmmm, so rule out slowww connection like mine. Mine only missed a very few of your pics earlier this evening on my just updated firefox. Tonight, clear cache, looks great. Every page, all pics load. (30 pages, good job listing!)

If you are still seeing it tonight then guessing you have a mac running safari? Heard there were issues with their last hotfix.

Probably just one of those odd things that will fix itself or is goog issue.
If we were talking about cars, the fix would probably be - turn the radio up. Rolling Eyes
Periwinkles

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm seeing them all now. It seems to come and go. That's why I think it may be a google problem. As long as they come back I'm ok with it. Wink
oakteakstore

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 11:06 am    Post subject: Not seeing mine either Reply with quote

I took a HUGE hit on views when I looked at Google Analytics this morning. And when I checked some items on Google Shopping, there are no images.

Has something perhaps happened with the Google feed? I went from about 100 hits to 14 this morning.
acread

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 11:18 am    Post subject: Re: Not seeing mine either Reply with quote

oakteakstore wrote:
I took a HUGE hit on views when I looked at Google Analytics this morning. And when I checked some items on Google Shopping, there are no images.

Has something perhaps happened with the Google feed? I went from about 100 hits to 14 this morning.

eCrater is relocating the image files. so the urls changed. The issue at Google should go away with the next feed.

Also it might not be the images. The order of how the products are displayed changes at every new Google feed. So maybe this time yours shuffled to appear later.
oakteakstore

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, just in case, I reloaded my URL to Google. Dropping from near 100 hits yesterday morning to 14 this morning has never happened before, and it meant something was different.
acread

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your products show at Google shopping. Your website shows at Google. So that is not the issue.

Somedays I get more hits some days less. I wouldn't worry about one off day.

And I don't know how Google feels if you keep resubmitting your url when it is already in their system.
pinknpretty

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

None of my images are showing up in Google Shopping either. I have DSL so it is not a slow connection problem. Other stores with same items have images, but not me.
I hope this doesn't affect business too much. Vicky Shocked
ladyknightsjewelry

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I search Google products for your store, I can see the images.

T
pinknpretty

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Humm... That is weird, now they seem fine for me too. Well, nothing to worry about I guess, just one of those freak glitches.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: