eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Take a Trip Down Memory Lane or Indulge in Wishful Thinking.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Promote Your eCRATER Store
View previous topic :: View next topic  
viewfinders

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 12:04 am    Post subject: Take a Trip Down Memory Lane or Indulge in Wishful Thinking. Reply with quote

This store continues to be 50% off. Since souvenirs are usually purchased and put into a drawer or display cabinet, almost all items are unused and in mint condition. Check out my inventory. Some wonderful bargains to be had. Buying multiple items can save on shipping.

All my souvenir tea towels are now 50% off.

Tons of tea towels from around the world.
Souvenir towels are bright and colorful.
They make inexpensive wall decor for budget living.
They can be cut up and appliqued on craft projects.
They make great toss cushions for patios or family rooms.
One buyer bought a bunch of UK towels and made a patchwork quilt for her daughter who was born there.

This is not a temporary sale. I am trying to close my stores and have a huge amount of inventory to liquidate.

I gladly combine shipping. Overages will be refunded and if you can wait up to a couple of weeks, I can mail US bound packages from the US.

Last edited by viewfinders on Mon May 23, 2022 6:43 pm; edited 9 times in total
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
viewfinders

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My grandfather, a Victorian, got me interested in collecting souvenirs. As a young man he had worked his way west and then into British Columbia where he worked in forestry for a time. How, when or why he returned to North Carolina I have no idea but en route he collected hundreds of colorful felt pennants.

Sorting through those pennants, listening to his stories, were a favorite activity when I was a tot. He was a man of few words so I didn't learn a lot, but I discovered that memories bring a light to the eyes, that souvenirs, even faded bits of felt, could transport one back in time.

The mind is such a trickster. Just remembering how it was when you were young can liven your step, turn your bifocals rose-tinted and perhaps even make you amorous. Does that box of souvenirs in the attic need to be dusted off and revisited?
viewfinders

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 6:13 pm    Post subject: Some mental memorabilia about the Chicago World's Fair 1893 Reply with quote

Did you know?

The Chicago World's Fair was held in 1893 to celebrate 400 years since Columbus made his voyage to the New World.

1. America the Beautiful was written by Katharine Lee Bates (not the actress) who visited the Chicago World's Fair in 1893 and and was so wowed by it that she wrote the poem that is so loved and often sung by Americans today.

2. The fair had an amusement section separate from the exposition area. One of the highlights was a new ride built by George Ferris---the Ferris Wheel. The John Philip Sousa band played at the fair daily.

3. The exhibition halls were illuminated by electricity and it was the first time most Americans had seen electric lighting. Nicola Tessla displayed the first neon lights.

4. The Buffalo Bill Wild West Show was denied exhibition space so they set up outside the fairgrounds and were hugely successful. They got to keep all the money. The fair was financially strapped and would have benefited from sharing Buffalo Bill's proceeds.

5. Attendance at the fair was approximately 27 million, equal to about half the population of the country. My grandfather was one of them. Just a boy then, but what impressed him most and the only story he had to tell, was seeing his first automobile.
viewfinders

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 3:14 am    Post subject: Volksmarsch or Volks March Reply with quote

A Volksmarsch or volks march is a non-competitive walk of 10-20 kilometers that takes place on an outdoor route generally following a scenic route through the countryside, meandering through quaint villages and forests. They are for the Volk or folk, for people of all ages and physical condition. The walks developed in Europe and now are held in many countries of the world. They are sometimes referred to as Volkswanderung or Folk walks.

They are similar to the charity walks and runs in North America except there are no winners and no losers. Their only purpose if personal physical fitness and also promotion of a particular town or region. People sign up ahead of time and everyone who takes part gets some sort of award for completing the chosen activity. These can be T-shirts, mugs, plates, trophies or medals printed or inscribed with the place, year and other pertinant information.

Although walking is the most common walk, people can also participate by biking, skiing or swimming.

Participants collect the awards and often travel great distances to take part in a walk through a new locale keeping records of their walks and times.

To see a typical medal from Landstuhl, Germany, click on the link below.

http://www.ecrater.com/product.php?pid=3064680

Last edited by viewfinders on Tue Jun 11, 2019 7:08 am; edited 1 time in total
viewfinders

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

www.viewfinders.ecrater.com

Last edited by viewfinders on Wed Dec 17, 2008 5:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
viewfinders

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I gladly combine shipping and refund if the system charges too much. Often small items do not add to the minimum shipping charge for one item. Items like spoons and scarves for instance.

Last edited by viewfinders on Tue Jun 11, 2019 7:14 am; edited 1 time in total
viewfinders

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 8:44 pm    Post subject: Happy Holidays to Everyone! Reply with quote

Happy Holidays to Everyone!
viewfinders

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 9:57 pm    Post subject: Find vintage travel guides in Viewfinders Reply with quote

Want to read about travel before PCs, cell phones, ipods, expedia, body searches, and cattle car plane cabins?

Check out the vintage travel guides in Viewfinders.

Find Michelin, Foder, and individual city guides and discover what travel was like when we were still considered human.
viewfinders

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have souvenir spoons in sterling silver, silver plate, and rhodium plate. Many countries of the world are represented. Take a look. Everyone knows someone who collects souvenir spoons even if you don't.

Last edited by viewfinders on Tue Jun 11, 2019 7:18 am; edited 1 time in total
theartsandlettersofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 4:30 am    Post subject: Praise for Viewfinders Reply with quote

Check out Viewfinders. Lots of great stuff there for very little money.
viewfinders

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 4:50 am    Post subject: Escalating discounts when you buy more than one tea towel Reply with quote

Most of my tea towels have not been used and make great hostess gifts alone or wrapped around a bottle of wine from that country or one of your homemade specialties.
Here are a few examples of what is available:
Tuck this one into a basket of homemade shortbreads or wrap around a pork pie.

This one is for Sarah fans. Combine with her book.

This would go well with a bottle of Australian wine.

Here's where to find them: http://viewfinders.ecrater.com/c/545354/tea-towels

Last edited by viewfinders on Tue Jun 11, 2019 7:20 am; edited 1 time in total
viewfinders

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vintage souvenir shop open now for armchair travelers
A new souvenir shop full of old souvenirs.

Maybe you can't afford a real vacation this year but here are some souvenirs to make you feel less deprived.

It's all vintage although like most souvenirs, it's been stuck in drawers for years.

Souvenirs are fun, often gaudy, and can add a spark of interest to an otherwise placid decor.

Here you will find souvenir scarves, spoons, trays, tea towels, tablecloths, jewelry, guidebooks and pottery.

Lots more to come so have a look. Email me if you are looking for something special. It may be in the pile waiting to be listed.
viewfinders

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All my souvenirs are now 50% off.

Tons of tea towels, scarves, travel books, spoons, mugs and jewelry have had their prices slashed. See my tin trays and miscellaneous items.

This is not a temporary sale. I am trying to close my stores and have a huge amount of inventory to liquidate.

I gladly combine shipping. Overages will be refunded and if you can wait up to a couple of weeks, I can mail US bound packages from the US.
viewfinders

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2022 6:42 pm    Post subject: Take a trip down memory lane or indulge in wishful thinking Reply with quote

This store continues to be 50% off. Since souvenirs are usually purchased and put into a drawer or display cabinet, almost all items are unused and in mint condition. Check out my inventory. Some wonderful bargains to be had. Buying multiple items can save on shipping. Take a trip down memory lane or indulge in wishful thinking.
viewfinders

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2022 1:19 pm    Post subject: Gas is expensive. Be an armchair travelor. Reply with quote

All souvenirs are 50% off.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Promote Your eCRATER Store
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: