eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

ADMIN: Search on Products Page?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
plussizelingerie

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 8:47 am    Post subject: ADMIN: Search on Products Page? Reply with quote

Does this work?

If so how? Does it need to be an exact match or can it be just one part of a title?

Example: I need to search for all products with a certain stock number like this - #07854

I put this in the search but nothing comes up. I know I have 3 of these items I can find them manually but they won't show on a search.

Any ideas?

Thanks a bunch!
zickit

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just looked at all 103 items in your store. It's not there - unless it's a hidden item then only you can see it.

I did attempt to fine #01236 which I know is there and it did not come up either. I think the # is the problem.
Beause I searched for 6-1243 and it came up.

Did you have this bulk uploaded? and they forced the # to be accepted in the title because I don't think # is a legal title character.

I don't have time to look right now. Got to run. but I believe anythign with a # will not be found.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
plussizelingerie

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply. At this point I had already deleted the items I was looking for one at a time, was just trying to find a faster way.

I do think you are right about the # being there. I did bulk list one batch but I also have listed stuff with the # in it as well.

I'm no longer using the # so hopefully this will solve the problem Wink

Thanks again!
poopsheet

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, it seems to be some characters which aren't letters or numbers that cause a problem. I've noticed that when searching through my own stock.

I can think of problem apostrophes offhand. For example, I have a title called "There's No Time Like the Present". I have to leave "there's" out of the search in order for it to be found.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: