eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Shipping Problems

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
moonbeamgifts

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 2:44 am    Post subject: Shipping Problems Reply with quote

I'm hoping someone can help me with some recent problems I've been having with shipment methods. Media Mail has been selected as the method of shipment for the the last six items which I've sold. None of these items are media based products. I have it noted through out my site (and within the listing itself) what the definition of Media Mail is and that if non media products are bought and Media Mail is selected that an additional invoice will be sent. I've been very lucky that the last five people have paid me the additional shipping charge, but it is starting to become bothersome. Does anyone have any suggestions as to how I can get people NOT to select this method for non related media products. IE.. Does Google have an area in checkout selection where I can put a note that Media Mail can not be selected for non media Mail related products.
Currently I offer Priority, UPS, Media Mail, and Parcel Post; shipping is currently calculated depending upon distance and weight.
Any help would be helpful. Enjoy the day.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
atticinthewoods

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 3:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

One suggestion I have is to remove media mail from your shipping choices and on those types of items that can be sent media mail use the fixed rate shipping.

Someone may have a better idea but since you use calculated postage I don't really see any other way.

Hope that helps a little Very Happy
acread

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 3:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You cannot pick and choose what product gets what types of mail service. It is up to customer. Which means unless all your items qualify for Media Mail do not have it selected in Options. Just go there and remove it (don't forget to save).

This is one of the shortcomings of the USPS calculated shipping. It can't distinguish which method can apply to which item. If the seller can determine it by product it would work much better.

Anyway, your only option is to remove media mail. Since it is the least expensive customers will keep picking it without considering. So unless you remove it you will keep having issues.
moonbeamgifts

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 3:57 am    Post subject: Thanks! Reply with quote

Thanks for the responses. I'll elimate the media mail and offer it as a fixed rate for those items which are actually can be shipped media mail.
acread

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 4:01 am    Post subject: Re: Thanks! Reply with quote

moonbeamgifts wrote:
Thanks for the responses. I'll elimate the media mail and offer it as a fixed rate for those items which are actually can be shipped media mail.

That won't work. Because the fixed shipping as well as the shipping matrix and free shipping end up the back up option. eCrater will always use the shipping calculator first.

Just give them a partial refund if it is that much of a big deal.
atticinthewoods

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 4:08 am    Post subject: Re: Thanks! Reply with quote

ACRead wrote:
moonbeamgifts wrote:

That won't work. Because the fixed shipping as well as the shipping matrix and free shipping end up the back up option. eCrater will always use the shipping calculator first.

Just give them a partial refund if it is that much of a big deal.

ACR that's why we have you Very Happy, I didn't know that about the calculated shipping because I use the Matrix and in Nostalgia Nut Collectibles I use fixed rate. Another lesson learned today Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: