eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Not having any luck in sales

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
downuptowns313

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 12:46 pm    Post subject: Not having any luck in sales Reply with quote

I don't get it, I am doing the exact same advertising I did when I was with eBay - I used to sell at least a hundred bucks a week on eBay and here I have nothing. There is no way I am going back there but I need to sell my inventory! Any other ideas? I've already linked myself, started a Myspace, made banners, submitted to SE, and started a mailing list....
qualitycustomcomputers

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 1:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Not having any luck in sales Reply with quote

downuptowns313 wrote:
I don't get it, I am doing the exact same advertising I did when I was with eBay - I used to sell at least a hundred bucks a week on eBay and here I have nothing. There is no way I am going back there but I need to sell my inventory! Any other ideas? I've already linked myself, started a Myspace, made banners, submitted to SE, and started a mailing list....

Not sure other than promote, promote, promote! We did the same..started a myspace page....submitted our links to search engines. How long have you been on ecrater? We are fairly new. I no longer have an Ebay account, do not like them at all. I feel Ebay has poor customer service. Ecrater is great...excellent customer service. I say keep your head up and try to add as many friends as you can on myspace to get the word out. By the way...what is your myspace page? I want to make sure i have you added.
eleganzajewels

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, downuptown (yeah, had to read that one twice, cute, LOL), welcome to Ecrater! If you have more inventory, it would be good to get it all listed, your store is a little bare bones right now. Don't be offended, either, but prices for used clothing are a little high, at least I think so. $13 including shipping for a used tee shirt is pretty steep. But then I don't sell clothing, just buy lots of it, I'm sure the clothes horses will be here shortly LOL
zickit

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I don't get it, I am doing the exact same advertising I did when I was with eBay

You pay ebay because -- cough cough - they bring customers to you.
It's not like that when you have a web store --- you got to go out and get your own customers.

When you go out someplace - do you leave your business cards in the restroom?
Do you do classified ads?

Read this thread for great priceless information -
http://www.ecrater.com/community/viewtopic.php?t=4&start=0
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
downuptowns313

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eleganzajewels wrote:
Hi, downuptown (yeah, had to read that one twice, cute, LOL), welcome to Ecrater! If you have more inventory, it would be good to get it all listed, your store is a little bare bones right now. Don't be offended, either, but prices for used clothing are a little high, at least I think so. $13 including shipping for a used tee shirt is pretty steep. But then I don't sell clothing, just buy lots of it, I'm sure the clothes horses will be here shortly LOL

Well it's not bad considering most of my inventory is stuff that was (1) never worn (2) worn once and (3) designer. That also includes packaging and shipping which usually runs around $5 for all. I didn't want to add anything else until I started selling...which I don't know, maybe is a bad idea on my part.
downuptowns313

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 4:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Not having any luck in sales Reply with quote

qualitycustomcomputers wrote:
downuptowns313 wrote:

Not sure other than promote, promote, promote! We did the same..started a myspace page....submitted our links to search engines. How long have you been on ecrater? We are fairly new. I no longer have an Ebay account, do not like them at all. I feel Ebay has poor customer service. Ecrater is great...excellent customer service. I say keep your head up and try to add as many friends as you can on myspace to get the word out. By the way...what is your myspace page? I want to make sure i have you added.

I've been on about a month.... my page is www.myspace.com/downuptowns313 I used to sell just through PapPayl on that but that didn't work either. eBay is still trying to get money from me and I haven't been on it since December!
poopsheet

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, the more stock you add the better chance of search engines finding you, the better chance of being seen in Froogle, etc..
zickit

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Remember it takes search engines 4-8 weeks AFTER you submit your URL to them to actually find you. So give it time.
PLUS the more like items you have - the better you will appear once you are found by the search engines.
randasresale

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 6:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a clothing seller, too, and your prices look fine to me.

BUT, you need more inventory. Less than 20 items is NOT EVEN CLOSE to enough.

Fill 'er up!!!

Miranda
www.randasresale.ecrater.com
www.randasresale.com
www.randa-avenue.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: