eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

paypal payment

View previous topic :: View next topic  
shebang

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 11:21 am    Post subject: paypal payment Reply with quote

My orders have been getting paid for by gco with no problems well someone ordered and used paypal ecrater sent me a email stating order number date product the persons address my store name product amount for shipping all information basically but when I checked my paypal account I did not see that the funds were added so my question is does this email go to me and the customer and the customer needs to finish the deal? I do not plan on shipping until I see the funds in my account.I am not sure if this was just someone who started the purchase and didn't finish it.I have seen in the forums about people checking to see how system looks/works but this seems a legit name address and phone number.Should I email them and let them know that the deal is not finished?
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
atticinthewoods

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

I had one of those yesterday. I waited a few hours then sent them this e-mail: I actually forwarded the one from I received from eCrater with this typed in:

Hi (insert their name),

You have placed an order for (insert the item), but didn't complete the payment process. I just wanted to make sure you still want the item.

You can click the pay now link at the very bottom of this e-mail to complete the process. Or if you prefer, you should also have a confirmation e-mail and you can do it from yours.

They paid right away.
acread

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 11:34 am    Post subject: Re: paypal payment Reply with quote

shebang wrote:
My orders have been getting paid for by gco with no problems well someone ordered and used paypal ecrater sent me a email stating order number date product the persons address my store name product amount for shipping all information basically

In short you received an order notice from eCrater.
Quote:
but when I checked my paypal account I did not see that the funds were added so my question is does this email go to me and the customer and the customer needs to finish the deal?

There may be several reasons for that:
The buyer may have changed their mind.
The buyer may have forgot to click on the last OK and this left payment undone.
It might be a seller checking how the cart works.
It might be PayPal is slow at updating info (this should take more than 24 hours or so to get corrected)
It might be you have a personal account and customer paid with credit card and PayPal won't show it until you upgrade your account to Premier or Business.
It might be your buyer is too used to dealing with eBay and thinks they don't need to pay immediately, so they are waiting for an invoice or something.

Just send the customer an invoice and see if it get's paid.
Quote:
I do not plan on shipping until I see the funds in my account.

Yep that would be the correct action.
Quote:
I am not sure if this was just someone who started the purchase and didn't finish it.I have seen in the forums about people checking to see how system looks/works but this seems a legit name address and phone number.Should I email them and let them know that the deal is not finished?

Just wait a day then send an invoice from PayPal.
shebang

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for your help which by the way is one of the top things that for me makes ecrater a great place to sell.
Mikessportingoods

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting I had an order like that also...I sent an email.The customer called me and said the paypal did not go thru; so he ordered using his credit card..no problems. He thanked me for taking the time to send an email to him.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: