eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Hidden products available for preview
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> News & System Status
View previous topic :: View next topic  
acread

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 12:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Inventory Control & Ordering of Items not in stock Reply with quote

elipey wrote:
Thank you for responding. In reply, yes, I have inventory turned on and the item is grayed out when I go into check it. I also have gone to my website to view it and cannot see it but somehow, I had an order on it. I cannot at this time remember who ordered as business has definately picked up lately but the next time I have an item go out of stock (which is frequently since I get a few of each item), I will watch it to see what happens. At least there is a fix (deleting it) if all else fails.

I am really concerned about my clients ordering product that I don't have. Has anyone else experienced this?

For how long was the item hidden before you received a second order on it. If it was the same day then it was probably put in with in that 15 minute period while the credit check was being done. (There is nothing to be done about that except to cancel the orders you cannot ship). If it was by the same person it might be that the person clicked more than once instead of waiting for the payment to finish.

Are you doing the charging manually? If so, that may be the issue. I think the inventory control does not go into effect until the payment complete info comes from Google Checkout.

Sometimes the credit check takes a long time (up to a day or two) in that time the listing won't get hidden and others will be able to purchase.

How sure are you these are not the case?

If the product listing had been hidden for maybe more than a day, then you get the order that is a problem. (Then it needs to be reported to eCrater. But if this was the case we will be getting more complaints on this. And it has been pretty quiet lately)

Do you have the exact quantity entered for each of your products. If you leave the Qty blank the system sees that as unlimited amount and will not hide it. So customers can keep buying.

I suggest you go to your Products section and upload a Sold sign for all items that are hidden and put them as the default image for them. This way you can keep track of what items need to stay hidden. If any of them become accidentally unhidden then you will easily notice it and hide it.

I don't know what date we are talking about. But we did have an incident about a year ago with some of the stores hidden item showing unhidden. That has been a one time incident and has been corrected by eCrater. but the sellers had to go in and manually hide the items that should be hidden (if you never did that then the hidden items that became unhidden will still be available. I think this is a low probability considering how long it has been since that incident). I hope you are not refering to something that happened that long ago. I'd recommend you go into Products and check all listings anyway.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
LuxuryLinensEtc

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 10:49 pm    Post subject: Hidden items still showing up in Google searches Reply with quote

I didn't read all of the previous posts so forgive me if I am repeating what someone else has said. This has been annoying to me and, I'm sure, to the many buyers who Email me wanting to know why they can't buy my "On Hold" items. They find a particular item by searching with Google or whatever, but it shows up only as "On Hold". The buyers don't know what that means and I've received a LOT of Emails wanted to buy items that are already sold. I know, I could delete them immediately, but I like to keep them at least until I know that my buyer is satisfied in case I need to refer to the listing again. Also, I often get another identical item back in stock later on and it saves me time to not have to retype all of the information again. One solution would be to have a "SOLD OUT" or "OUT OF STOCK" message added after the item has been sold in addition to being able to "hide" it. As it is, I cannot edit listings that have zero items for sale to notify buyers that it is out of stock.
zickit

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
As it is, I cannot edit listings that have zero items for sale to notify buyers that it is out of stock.

yes you can.
Just edit what you want edited .. make sure HIDE is checked and change the qty to 1.
acread

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 12:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Hidden items still showing up in Google searches Reply with quote

LuxuryLinensEtc wrote:
One solution would be to have a "SOLD OUT" or "OUT OF STOCK" message added after the item has been sold in addition to being able to "hide" it. As it is, I cannot edit listings that have zero items for sale to notify buyers that it is out of stock.

There is nothing stopping you from creating an image with SOLD written on it and uploading it to the products that are hidden and put it as the default image (see: http://www.ecrater.com/product.php?pid=4517706 ). So people who find the hidden item will know it is sold out. (You can upload image and change it around even the Qty says 0. You just click on the camara icon not the edit one. But as BigTall stated you can just change it back to 1. As long as it is hidden no one can buy it)

You could also tell those who are asking about the product when you may have a new one available for sale (since you said you want to keep the listing for future use). So hook the customer and get your item when they ask about it, if you can.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> News & System Status
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: