eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

eBay importer
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> News & System Status
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ecrater
forum admin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 2:38 pm    Post subject: eBay importer Reply with quote

eBay importer has been added. You can now easily import the products from your ebay store into eCRATER.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
acread

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woo hoo. That's great news Smile
zickit

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't listed on ebay in a while BUT wanted to call this to everyones attentions ... it says ebay store
usedit

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It doesn't have a separate location, link etc.
Just an addition in the bulk lister refering to the eBay type file upload.
Seems easy enough to use (not that I would need it, but it would be useful to many).
thecardpeddler

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 3:54 pm    Post subject: ebay bulk lister Reply with quote

ok so how do we use it?
acread

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 4:07 pm    Post subject: Re: ebay bulk lister Reply with quote

thecardpeddler wrote:
ok so how do we use it?

I'm guessing you download your listings from your eBay store as a file.

Then at eCrater's Bulk Lister you locate the file on your computer and run it.

At least that is how it looks to me.
zickit

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't recall having a file with my ebay stores BUT I did use file exchange but then you didn't need a store for file exchange.

Hopefully someone with a store will give it a try soon and give as a report.
kjscreations

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's the "scoop" when I go to the import from ebay in our admin...

b) eBay xml file

It is also possible to import your eBay store listings in eCRATER. You need to download your ebay store's export file first.

To create a file of your listings:

1. Go to My eBay.

2. Move your cursor over the Account tab until you see the pull-down menu.

3. Select "Marketing Tools."

4. In the Store Marketing section on the left side of the page, click the "Listing Feeds" link.

5. In the Search engines and comparison sites section, select "Make a file of your Store Inventory listings available."

6. Click the Apply button.

Within 12 hours, eBay creates the file and posts it to a web address (URL) based on your Store's URL. For example, if your Store's name is "Fine Jewelry," the file is posted to: http://esssl.ebay.com/GetListings/finejewelry

7. open the URL and save it as an XML file.

III. Final Step

Upload the file. The process of reviewing is manual so we do not guarantee a time frame in which this will happen. If your bulk file failed during the verification phase please click on the error link to see what the issues are and try to fix them. If you are unable to fix them please feel free to email us part of the file (first 100 row max) and we will try to help you. Please do not email us the entire file.
wtcollectibles

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, I'm confused. If you import your Ebay items to Ecrater, then you have things duplicated? So Google won't advertise them? Or is this to move everything quickly to Ecrater and then close down your Ebay account?

I still do beaucoup de business on Ebay and I don't list anything in both places (here and there) because I thought that was a no-no. I would import UNSOLD items from Ebay to here, but not what's listed.

Sorry, confusion is just my normal state of mind, especially when I get on here and start reading about feeds and bases and Google in general. I'll wait for more people to post more info and it'll click, I'm sure!
TyreeTrading

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 4:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you were contemplating closing your eBay store or stop selling a particular group of items there and moving your inventory to eCrater...this method is a tremendous tool. Think how much time you save by not having to enter your items a second time (either manually or to a spreadsheet)!

Makes the whole idea of moving to a different site so much more attractive.
wtcollectibles

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 6:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, thanks! So it's like the import thing they came up with for the Cartwright's ranch (or whatever we have to call the booth place). I tried that one and spent all my time canceling items because they kept selling from Ebay.

I can see how this would help people who are trying to close down over there and I may want to do that someday. For now, I'll keep two separate inventories going because I don't want to risk the duplicate rule.

Thanks again! Smile
generalstoreonline

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 6:50 am    Post subject: eBay bulk lister Reply with quote

Yes, so can anyone from eCrater verify whether this will cause problems with Google uploads, in regards to "no duplicate listings/items" on Google? We have both an eBay store and an eCrater store, and they are both currently showing up on Google Product search, so I don't want to mess that up!

Also, since I have been listing the same items separately on each site, if I upload our eBay listings, will it create duplicate listings on eCrater for the items that we have already created listings for or will it overwrite those? or in other words, what happens to the current items listed on eCrater after the bulk upload occurs (whether duplicates or not)?

I am very tempted to go ahead and try it, since we had wanted to upload a bulk listing of our eBay items when we first opened our eCrater store, but I don't necessarily have the time to work out any kinks/problems that may arise from it at this time, so any advice/knowledge that can be passed on prior to doing so would be a great help-for both myself and other eCrater sellers, I'm sure!

Thanks in advance!
Adrienne/General Store Online
poopsheet

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It will cause problems with Google as well as eCrater's own terms if you're importing items you already have listed at eCrater.

If all of a seller's existing eBay stock is the same as their existing eCrater stock then they don't need the importer.

I am wondering about those who have, say, half of their eBay stock duplicated at eCrater but not all of it. Maybe the export file can be created based on categories or a date range or something? I haven't looked at that in a while...
kerioproducts

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

poopsheet wrote:
It will cause problems with Google as well as eCrater's own terms if you're importing items you already have listed at eCrater.

If all of a seller's existing eBay stock is the same as their existing eCrater stock then they don't need the importer.

I am wondering about those who have, say, half of their eBay stock duplicated at eCrater but not all of it. Maybe the export file can be created based on categories or a date range or something? I haven't looked at that in a while...

That is what I'm trying to find out. Whether I can modify the XML file before uploading but I can't get the cursor to delete anything and it looks like it can take a lot of time anyways.

Anyways, I tried importing my Ebay items to a brand new store for experimenting. It's pretty sweet but there are some problems. The photos do not import and the listing descriptions are all crammed with no spacing and line spaces. I can work on the spacing and adding photos but what about the next time I want to add items from Ebay. It won't work because of the duplicates. It's a nice feature but hopefully they can get it to work as well as some of the other ecommerce sites.
acread

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't you select the items you are going to download from eBay? Does it have to be the whole content of your store?

Can't you edit the downloaded eBay file and remove the duplicates and leave the ones you want to upload to eCrater and then save that and use that to bulk list?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> News & System Status
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: