eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Hello Folks...Looks like a Nice Site Here!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LesliesBowtique

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 9:33 pm    Post subject: Hello Folks...Looks like a Nice Site Here! Reply with quote

Hello everybody,
My wife and I just opened up shop here, and we thought we would say "Hello". We plan on selling jewelry, hairbows, and other light weight items, and we are unsure about...you guessed it...the shipping.
We read some forum posts and apparently since we must use Paypal's Profile Shipping due to another online store we have, we are going to have a little problem with Shipping & Feedback here on ecrater.
Not knowing what else to do, we are setting our Shipping to Weight Based and entering 0.00 for the weights, planning on Paypal to enter the shipping fee for us (we charge a single low flat rate shipping fee for the customer's entire order in the US, whether they buy one item or many, & we encourage International Customers to email us for corrected shipping quotes).
Does anyone have a better suggestion or workaround? We realize that according to another post, we will not be able to receive feedback due to differences between stated fees & actual invoices, & we also realize shipping fees will be displayed as $0.00 at the top of our listings which will require high visibility shipping explanations on each of our ads, but we are kind of at a loss as to what else to do. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Leslie's Bowtique

PS. I didn't mean for this to grow into a Shipping Question..my fingers just kind of took off on their own!!
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
zickit

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why not give PP a call and talk to them about this?

If I was a customer and it stated 0 shipping and then you tell me otherwise or the description tells me otherwise ... I would move on to a seller that seems to have their act together a little better.

Maybe PP allows you to set up profiles for different email addy's. You can have like 7 emails or something per PP account. PP will only allow you to have one account EACH and there are 2 of you ... so maybe that's your answer. IT's a thought anyway.
poopsheet

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I think that set-up would work fine a lot of the time but it does have a pretty good potential for upset and/or irrational customers who will base their complaints on the invoice itself and try to have the shipping refunded.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: