eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Should the products in red be deleted by the seller?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
purevital

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 1:13 am    Post subject: Should the products in red be deleted by the seller? Reply with quote

Hello,

A week ago I saw 2 of my products in red in products list in my administrative tool. I contacted eCrater to ask what does it mean and they kindly explained me that these products had been stopped.

Now all my products don't appear in eCrater's listings which after reding the previous topics here means my store is suspended till I don't fix the problems which I will have to guess myself. Huh.

Could the problem be these 2 products in red? Does "fixing the problem" mean that I have to delete them? eCrater didn't tell me this when we had our correspondence and I assumed that these 2 products are inactive so I don't have to delete them from my list. Was this a wrong conclusion from my side?
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
zickit

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RED means they are in some way against the ecrater.com terms.

Ignoring them could be what got you suspended ... depends what they were and how many etc etc

Quote:
Could the problem be these 2 products in red?

YES
Quote:
Does "fixing the problem" mean that I have to delete them?

Delete or fix depending what the problem was
ALSO need to fix any others.

Quote:
eCrater didn't tell me this when we had our correspondence and I assumed that these 2 products are inactive so I don't have to delete them from my list. Was this a wrong conclusion from my side?

You agreed to the terms when you started listing here. If you decided to list things against the terms, well you broke the rules.
purevital

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 2:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for the advice, I will do this right now. Since I was not informed by eCrater that I need to delete the items in red and my store continued to work for more than a week after the appearance of these 2 items in red, I could not figure out that I still need to delete them if they were not active anyway.

You know it's not so easy to figure out what could possibly be a problem especially if you are selling many items. I am telling you this as an eBay seller with 9 years of experience.

Let me give you 2 examples out of my personal experience:

1. Recently a listing of mine at eBay was shut and the explanation was that I have copied and used someone's picture or content. So I figured out immediately who had been reporting me - a competition seller, who was using in his listing the picture and the content from the producer's web site. I have read CAREFULLY the rules and regulations of eBay regarding stolen image or content and there is clearly stated that you can report another seller for stealing your image or content ONLY if that image or content belong to you.
The absurd in this situation was that he was reporting me for using picture and content which DON'T belong to him.
I reported the issue to eBay giving them the link to the producer's web site and explaining the issue in detail, pointing out that by reporting me actually the other seller is breaking eBay rules because he is NOT the owner of that picture and content. Firstly eBay sent me a kind of routine (copy & paste) response not resolving the issue but I insisted explaining again that this is illegal way of trying to remove competition from the side of this seller and in a week eBay informed me that the issue is resolved in my favor.
As you see if I was not given by eBay the REASON why my listing had been removed, I could not defend myself, explain, give proofs and finally win the case.

2. Another example in selling drugs is that sometimes happens that a drug is a non-prescription drug in one country (the country of the seller) and prescription drug in another country. Thus on eBay some drugs can be sold on one of the eBay international web sites and at the same time not to be allowed for sale at other eBay international web sites.

I am sharing this with you because I see that you are a moderator and obviously connected with eCrater so I consider giving you feedback information the way to develop eCrater and thus gain more sellers and respectively customers here. It would be nice really from the side of eCrater when suspending an account to send at least a routine informing email to the seller with basic instructions and a reason for the suspension (as eBay does in case of removing a listing). Thus the seller can react more adequately and clear the issue which can come out was not his fault at all as it was the case in the examples I quoted you above.
theartsandlettersofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know how easily eBay used to delete your items based on a competitor's complaint. I sell vintage items and regularly got items deleted because I used the wrong type of lace in a description or some such nonsense.

On ecrater if your store is mostly in compliance but a couple of items are not, you are usually given the chance to remove or correct the red items before your store is suspended. That's why moderators have the choice of flagging an item to be deleted or a whole store to be suspended.

Non-prescription drugs are tricky because the rules governing their sale varies from country to country and even state to state. Ecrater technology has no way of banning sales to certain states only.

Keep in mind that ecrater does not have a huge staff of customer service representatives to send customized emails to each and every seller that is breaking the rules plus all the other reasons people contact ecrater. That's what you pay eBay lots of money not to provide either.
purevital

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I understand this.
Anyway I deleted the 2 items in red and contcted eCrater that I hope this was the problem with my account and I am waiting for their responce and releasing my account from suspencion. Do you have some idea usually how much time it takes before they respond or release the account?
And do they send an email when they release the ccount or one has to check from time to time and figure it out himself that his store is released?
zickit

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
do they send an email when they release the ccount

I never been suspended ... BUT
I don't think they send any email.
thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never been suspended but as I understand it you still have access to the administration of your store. You really should be checking in on your store regularly anyway. It is a good time to be refining your listings, making better titles and descriptions, etc.
acread

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 4:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You did send them a notice after you corrected things, right? Otherwise they won't notice the changes.

If removing those two items was all there is to the suspension, and you removed them, it will probably take a few days.

I don't think they send a notice. Maybe they combine it with the answer you get.
purevital

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 5:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I sent them a notice after I deleted the 2 items in red, but if this was not the reason for suspending my account it woud be very difficult for me to figure out what could have been the reason in order to fix it.
vintagemoonbeams

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat wrote:
You really should be checking in on your store regularly anyway. It is a good time to be refining your listings, making better titles and descriptions, etc.

Out of curiosity, are the "red" listings you mention seen in administration as you page through your products listings? If so, since there is no notification by eCRATER of this problem, should sellers go into their admin and search through all their listing pages every few days to look for this "red" color, I assume on the listing titles?

I do not make it a practice of going back through hundreds of items and looking for red letters, especially on older listings. I suppose though, if someone found an item not in compliance with eCRATER terms it could be reported at any time, even months after it was listed and the red letters could appear say on page 10 of my item listings under "products". Is this the only way to notice this red listing?

VintageMoonbeams
purevital

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vintagemoonbeams wrote:
thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat wrote:
You really should be checking in on your store regularly anyway. It is a good time to be refining your listings, making better titles and descriptions, etc.

Out of curiosity, are the "red" listings you mention seen in administration as you page through your products listings? If so, since there is no notification by eCRATER of this problem, should sellers go into their admin and search through all their listing pages every few days to look for this "red" color, I assume on the listing titles?

I do not make it a practice of going back through hundreds of items and looking for red letters, especially on older listings. I suppose though, if someone found an item not in compliance with eCRATER terms it could be reported at any time, even months after it was listed and the red letters could appear say on page 10 of my item listings under "products". Is this the only way to notice this red listing?

VintageMoonbeams

Actually the products in red stayed in my account for 1-2 weeks without my account being suspended. And then all of a sudden 2 weeks later my account got suspended. I have no way to know if it was suspended because of these 2 items in red which stayed for 2 weeks or because of other items. I asked few times eCrater's support to give me some link or a list of not allowed drugs and every time they responded the same, that it is seller's responsibility to figure out what is allowed and what is not. But regarding medicines this is very hard because some are prescription drugs in some countries and non-prescription drugs in others and there are differences even from state to state. And nobody is giving you a clear criteria to follow.

Anyway finally my store here was released but now I am facing the problem that eCrater is OBLIGING the seller to accept either PayPal or Google Checkout an CANNOT sell on eCrater if not accepting one of these 2 payment methods! Even more, I placed Moneybookers payment acceptance and I received an email from eCrater that "advertising" other payment methods different from PayPal and Google Checkout is not allowed at eCrater and my store will be suspended if I don't remove them!!! This sounds so ridiculous to me, that I myself put on hold my store until this issue does not get clarified. Even eBay has encorporated in their site Moneybookers payments and also Merchant accounts. But in electronic payments at eCrater are missing BOTH Moneybookers and personal Merchant account!!! I personally cannot open a Google checkout account because they support only few countries and I am not in any of them. Regarding PayPal I have enough reserves and everybody who had ever used PayPal can imagine what my reserves can be... and the forums are very explicit on this topic. So now it's up to eCrater to clarify their vision about how much to interfere with the seller's preferences to a certain payment method...
MaggietheCatsMeows

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The requirement to offer PP or GCO as payment is not restricted to ecrater. People I know who sell on other sites have been instructed to offer multiple payment methods. People who were PP only had to add another method either check/MO or Google etc.
purevital

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaggietheCatsMeows wrote:
The requirement to offer PP or GCO as payment is not restricted to ecrater. People I know who sell on other sites have been instructed to offer multiple payment methods. People who were PP only had to add another method either check/MO or Google etc.

You did not understand the problem. I have been asked by eCrater to REMOVE my other payment methods from my listings!

Here is the exact quote from the email I received by eCrater:

"Hello purevital,

It is against the eCRATER terms to advertise another payment option in the product description or on any other pages in the store. Please remove the acceptance of the other payments from your items.

Thank you,
Sincerely,

The eCRATER Team"

This is the first problem - eCrater is LIMITING me and RESTRICTING me to offer Moneybookers payment on my listings!!!

The second very serious problem is that eCrater is OBLIGING me to chose MANDATORY either PayPal or Google Checkout as a payment method!!! I am not able to use Google Checkout and I DON'T WANT to use PayPal! I want as electronic payment methods to use Moneybookers and/or personal merchant account. But neither of these 2 options are available in eCrater's list of "acceptable payment methods" and this is absurd.
MaggietheCatsMeows

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ecrater is not set up to incorporate more than the 2 electronic payment methods. So you just can't add it. Since you didn't have a Moneybookers link evidently you had it in your terms or written into your descriptions that you took Moneybookers.

I always assumed you could take any method you wanted if you and your buyer are willing to invoice and email back and forth manually. Evidently that isn't so if you were told to stop offering it.
purevital

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Obviously it is so and I cannot agree with this. It is one thing not to have incorporated a payment method, but it's completely different thing to RESTRICT seller to accept other payment methods than those listed by you, rejecting even such worldly accepted methods like Moneybookers and Merchant account and calling this "advertising" other payment methods if you just mention in your description what payment methods you are ready to accept... this is absurd. eBay own PayPal and definitely has interest to promote it, but even eBay does not interfere with seller's right to chose the payment methods he would like to accept.
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: