eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Feedback...don't think this one's been asked......

View previous topic :: View next topic  
scharesmart

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 6:36 pm    Post subject: Feedback...don't think this one's been asked...... Reply with quote

Is there a way to transfer feedback from eBay into eCRATER.com? I seem to be getting enough hits on my site but no one is buying. I'm wondering how much the buyers pay attention to sellers feedback out here. I have 0 feedback because I haven't sold anything yet. I could also use a few opinions about the look of my site and my products. Thanks for any advice.
rowsofclothes

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No you cant transfer feedback from ebay. I dont think feedback is a HUGE deal here as it is to ebay. I agree that the 0 feedback would be a turnoff especially if purchasing a high priced item. If you can get sales from some of your smaller items maybe that would build some confidence for buyers to purchase from you.

I dont like the whole feedback thing here because it does remind me of ebay. Rolling Eyes
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
zickit

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's my experience that unless the buyer is an ebay shopper - they never even think about feedback.
ClassicTreasures

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still haven't figured it out why we need the feedback system here at all, and if yes, why is it set up in a way that sellers can't leave feedback to buyers? As long as the feedback we receive is good, who cares. But if somebody leaves you a nasty one and the person happens to be mentally - well, khmm, a nut and lies about everything, seller has no way to put in his / her 2 cents.

And, atop of that, only people who pay with PayPal or GC can leave feedback, and only if the e-mail that ecrater sends them after their purchase doesn't end up in their Bulk Mail folder...

Either, the whole FB system needs to be reconsidered, or it needs to be done so that it is mutual.

Now, I realize the argument was brought up that it has to do with buyers not registering. However, in my humble opinion a software could be created to seller being able to rate - the transaction instead.

Just my rumblings.

Have a happy day, Everyone! Very Happy
poopsheet

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigTallMensClothing wrote:
It's my experience that unless the buyer is an ebay shopper - they never even think about feedback.

Ditto. I don't know of any other online store that requests you leave feedback. Testimonials/customer comments are another matter but that's quite different than a number/percentage rating.
poopsheet

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ClassicTreasures wrote:
Now, I realize the argument was brought up that it has to do with buyers not registering. However, in my humble opinion a software could be created to seller being able to rate - the transaction instead.

Nah, it wouldn't work. There'd be no way to tie the feedback to a particular customer if they're not registered with eCrater. And no point in rating the transaction if it can't accurately reflect on the buyer.

But I agree with the rest -- feedback doesn't have any place here.
demiurg

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually you can using this site seemyfeedback.com
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: