eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Help with Advertising Ecrater Store on Craigslist, Please?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
eleganzajewels

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I was under the impression that people using Craigslist had misused them so often the name was blacklisted..

Blacklisted where.... Question Definitely not in Google, because I often see Craigslist listings show up in web searches. Maybe in other search engines? Dunno, that's the first I've heard of it.

Tamara, you are not breaking Craiglist rules by posting one product in the For Sale category. You cannot post in all the other categories, or post 25 of the same product in the For Sale category. If you follow the rules, and use VFlyer to post to Craigslist, you should be fine. I've had flyers up there for almost 8 months, none have been pulled.

Miranda, a post on Craigslist is just like a post on MySpace. Maybe I'll catch a sale from it, but the main intent is SEO (a one way link back to my website). No way will that hurt my reputation or business.
randasresale

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am talking about the person's domain or name being blacklisted, not Craigslist itself. I don't recall the whole thing, but I heard there was some trouble with it at another site.

Just be careful posting on Craigslist.

MJ

www.randasresale.ecrater.com
www.randasreads.ecrater.com
www.randasresale.com
www.randa-avenue.com

Last edited by randasresale on Tue Feb 06, 2007 8:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
eleganzajewels

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What other site?
randasresale

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eleganzajewels wrote:
What other site?

I'd really rather not say as I don't have the information firsthand.

From my perception, the Craigslist rules are against that type of use, and I would hate to see a seller or anyone get "blacklisted" because that's a lot of hard work down the drain!!

Miranda
www.randasresale.com
www.randa-avenue.com
eleganzajewels

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I'd really rather not say as I don't have the information firsthand.

Then why say it at all if it's only conjecture? The info I've posted is bona fide first hand experience. I've got 34 ads up right now, the oldest one is about a month old, expires in another 45 days - at which time I'll post it again.

Anyway, give it a shot, Tamara, if you follow the rules, you shouldn't have a problem posting a flyer. Nothing ventured nothing gained.
eleganzajewels

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oops, make that expires in another 15 days. Craigslist ads run 45 days, max.
randasresale

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

eleganzajewels wrote:

Then why say it at all if it's only conjecture?

I would hate to see a seller or anyone get "blacklisted" because that's a lot of hard work down the drain!!

That's all.

I read a ton about SEO and site/store promotion, I can never recall where I read or heard any of the information. Obviously Craigslist is a very notorious place but one has to be careful submitting and promoting with anywhere because search engine spiders are funny about stuff. Certain types of linking structures are not allowed, and I was told that posting in Craigslist to promote a site or a store was not allowed.

Miranda
www.randasresale.com
www.randa-avenue.com
eleganzajewels

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I understand...there is alot of purported SEO material out there, that's for sure, hard to tell what is true and what is not. All I can say is I regularly submit to Craigslist via VFlyer, and my website is a 4/10 page rank, while my ecrater store is a 3/10 page rank. Which means the theory that you might get booted out of a SE based on posting to Craigslist is just not accurate. And that's based on real life experience Smile

Quote:
I read a ton about SEO and site/store promotion

Quote:
I was told posting in Craigslist to promote a site or a store was not allowed.

Just like with offline information, don't believe everything you read or are told Wink
randasresale

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eleganzajewels wrote:
I understand...there is alot of purported SEO material out there, that's for sure, hard to tell what is true and what is not. All I can say is I regularly submit to Craigslist via VFlyer, and my website is a 4/10 page rank, while my ecrater store is a 3/10 page rank. Which means the theory that you might get booted out of a SE based on posting to Craigslist is just not accurate. And that's based on real life experience Smile

perhaps then I ought to go to vflyer and give this a try. Very Happy I could use a 4/10 rank. Embarassed

Miranda
www.randasresale.com
www.randa-avenue.com
buddyslighthouses

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can place your ad under the category "Small Businesses"...

I think you can put in a link to your store there, but not individual items.
eleganzajewels

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have beautiful stores, Miranda, and very well-optimized, so I'm sure you'll get high up in rankings if you keep plugging! There is sooo much info out there, sometimes it's hard to decide what to do first, 2nd, and last, and what will work, and what will not! It took a full 6-7 months to get that 4 rank, and lots of hard work. So keep on keepin' on, and try one or two new things at a time to see what works. I used to go nuts, trying to do this that and another thing all at the same time. Then I couldn't determine what was working and what was not!
ljstores

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eleganzajewels wrote:
I used to go nuts, trying to do this that and another thing all at the same time. was not!

I hear ya!!!
I was getting so overwhelmed just recently that I had to put the brakes on!!! I think that is why I got sick!
Anyway Ive regrouped.
Had some great advice from fellow ecraters!!

Thanks guys

had another sale today too !!!!!

LJ
randasresale

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eleganzajewels wrote:
You have beautiful stores, Miranda, and very well-optimized, so I'm sure you'll get high up in rankings if you keep plugging! There is sooo much info out there, sometimes it's hard to decide what to do first, 2nd, and last, and what will work, and what will not! It took a full 6-7 months to get that 4 rank, and lots of hard work. So keep on keepin' on, and try one or two new things at a time to see what works. I used to go nuts, trying to do this that and another thing all at the same time. Then I couldn't determine what was working and what was not!

Wow, eleganza, that was such a nice compliment! Thank you very much!

You know I have been submitting my stores to directory after directory. My page rank is already 2/10 but I haven't had a sale or anything, and just a few looks. My keywords are highly sought, so I know I have a tough market to gain access to.

I opened a vflyer account but I didn't notice that I could use a linked URL, just static. Sad How do you do yours? Do you submit individual items or your whole site??

Miranda
www.randasresale.com
www.randa-avenue.com
fancyflappers

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
My page rank is already 2/10

What does this mean? Where is your page 2/10? I'm totally clueless as ususal. Laughing
eleganzajewels

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Miranda:

Wow, that's great, 2/10 already, good for YOU! I only add one product per flyer, that's what will let you post in Craigslist, it's the posting an ad for your complete store that will get you booted, what they call spamming.

Look way down towards the lower left of the form when making a flyer, near where you add pictures, there's an "add a link" place. That's where you post a direct link to whatever you are selling. Once you preview and publish the flyer, you'll come to a page that has HTML code, there is one set of code that is compliant with Craigslist, and a 2nd set for "other" places, like Myspace, your blog, or wherever you want to put it.

Fancy, you are FAR from clueless LOL. Google assigns a rank between 0 and 10 for all webpages. Here is a page rank tool, that I don't use too often or sweat too much about. You'll know when you start going up because the traffic and sales will increase!

http://rankwhere.com/google-page-rank.php
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: