eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Have issue sales tax and shipping on Google Products

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jazgifts

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 10:41 pm    Post subject: Have issue sales tax and shipping on Google Products Reply with quote

Hi all,

I just recently noticed on google products under the price amount of my items, they have the total amount, including shipping and tax. How do I get that taken off? Reason being, it's usually higher than my total amount. I set my own shipping prices and only add tax in the state of GA. It makes my prices seem high. I have my shipping on weight dependable and use the scale in the shipping matrix under administrative tools. Should I change it to fixed shipping to: What can I do to correct this? I would really prefer not to have the shipping and tax information (overall total) shown on google products, only the price of the item like most sellers. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
zickit

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tax shown is based on the lookers zip code they enter into google.

YOU have no way to control any of this.

Shipping is based on what you have entered.
acread

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 4:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you have any example where you think the amount is calculated wrong.

I am looking at this item:

http://jazgifts.ecrater.com/product.php?pid=1717712
The price is $3.99, the shipping is $6.95 and the tax for Georgia is 7% of $3.99 which means it is 0.07*3.99 = 0.2793 (can be rounded to 0.28 )

If you add all that up it gives you: $3.99 + $6.95 + $ $0.28 = $11.22
Which is exactly what shows at Google Product Search.

Last edited by acread on Wed Oct 28, 2009 5:33 am; edited 1 time in total
jazgifts

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 5:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ACRead wrote:

The price is $3.99, the shipping is $6.95 and the tax for Georgia is 7% of $3.99 which means it is 0.07*3.99 = 0.2793 (can be rounded to 0.28 )

Thanks for your input, I know if you actually add the tax and shipping, it would be correct, but I usually don't get sales from GA anyway. What I'm wanting to know is, is there a way not to show this on google products. All I want to show is the price of the item. I don't see any other ecrater store with this information on google products (and many other stores). Now I do see it for walmart and toysrus. I just think it showing some type of misquote in the total price because I only have sale tax for GA.
jazgifts

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 5:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigTallMensClothing wrote:

Thanks for responding. I wondered why most of the ecrater stores I see only have the price of the item. After retaking a look at some of the stores, I see they don't have sales tax and that may have answered my question, I think. I couldn't find one that offered sales tax. Very Happy
acread

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 5:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jazgifts wrote:
ACRead wrote:

Thanks for your input, I know if you actually add the tax and shipping, it would be correct, but I usually don't get sales from GA anyway. What I'm wanting to know is, is there a way not to show this on google products. All I want to show is the price of the item. I don't see any other ecrater store with this information on google products (and many other stores). Now I do see it for walmart and toysrus. I just think it showing some type of misquote in the total price because I only have sale tax for GA.

You can only have tax for Georgia (since that is your state and what you selected in your store to charge tax for). Unless the buyer is in Georgia they will not be charged a State tax. You cannot collect State tax online from buyers located in other states. You collect State tax in only states where you have physical prescence in.

So if you are one person operation or a store in one state you can charge State sales tax from buyers in your state.

If you are running a chain stores that are in several states you can collect sales tax for each of those states, and pay it to that state as well at the end.

You can't change what Google shows or does not show.
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jazgifts wrote:
BigTallMensClothing wrote:

Thanks for responding. I wondered why most of the ecrater stores I see only have the price of the item. After retaking a look at some of the stores, I see they don't have sales tax and that may have answered my question, I think. I couldn't find one that offered sales tax. Very Happy

On the Google Product page there is a line at the upper left of the items listed that says "Tax and shipping for" plus the city, state and zip code. Beside it says change which is underlined. Click on change and use a different city and state. Google will add the zip code and you'll see the tax & shipping gone from your products, but you'll see tax and shipping if any of the other sellers are required to collect tax in the state you entered. This is a Google Products feature you can not turn off.

Don't forget to change it back to your city & state or you'll get incorrect info when you are shopping for yourself. Very Happy
jazgifts

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
On the Google Product page there is a line at the upper left of the items listed that says "Tax and shipping for" plus the city, state and zip code. Beside it says change which is underlined. Click on change and use a different city and state. Google will add the zip code and you'll see the tax & shipping gone from your products, but you'll see tax and shipping if any of the other sellers are required to collect tax in the state you entered. This is a Google Products feature you can not turn off.

Thank you sooo much!! I understand now, when I changed it to another zip code for a different state, my tax and shipping charges (overall total) doesn't show, it only shows if the zip code is within the state of GA. You have been such a big help! Thank you. Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: