eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

How to Stop Sold Items From Being Automatically Listed?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
JustBonCrochetDesigns

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 12:13 pm    Post subject: How to Stop Sold Items From Being Automatically Listed? Reply with quote

Hi,

Forgive me if this has been brought up before. I can't find the answer elsewhere in the forum.

How do you stop an item that has just been sold from being automatically relisted? I had a sale today and the buyer seems to have ordered the same thing three times, possibly thinking that the first order didn't go through. (This is what I am assuming until I hear from them).

I can't find a way to do this from the admin page, but if you can point me in the right direction, I'd be very grateful. Thanks!

JustBon Crochet Designs
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
JewelryDesignsByCher

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi... it's not actually re-listed, it just keeps on running unless you delete the item or place it on hold. If you don't have multiples of an item, but want to leave the pics up for the buyer's benefit until they've received their item, you're allowed to place a "sold" graphic in the default photo spot (for a short period of time), and remove it from being in featured rotation on your home page. (I just found a few items sold recently turning up there, cuz I forgot to do that, lol) You should also reduce the max qty available to 0.

If you do have multiples, and put that amount in the "max qty" so the buyer will know how many you have available... obviously, if there's only one, they should know that's all they can purchase . Cool
JewelryDesignsByCher

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OH, forgot to mention... to take it out without deleting, just click the Hide this product box on item's edit page. Very Happy
fancyflappers

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.ecrater.com/community/viewtopic.php?t=2032
zickit

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The ecrater.com system is set up for stores that have inventory of items. It assumes you are not selling just one of that item.

There is NO INVENTORY control within the ecrater.com system. It's your responible to use the max quantity box - that works like a limit - a buyer can only purchase as many as you have in that box AT ONE TIME. The max quantity box will not prevent someone from buying one and then buying another - since it is not an inventory control - it's just a limit of how many can be purchased on one order.

In your case, contact the buyer, explain you received 3 separate orders but you only have one available.
ElfsPlace

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Cher, unless I did something wrong (LOL)
I tried the zero quantity suggestion but I got an error message stating that the quantity had to be at least one. Now what? Just hide the sucker if you only have a max quantity of one that has sold???
zickit

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Elfpuss wrote:
Hey Cher, unless I did something wrong (LOL)
I tried the zero quantity suggestion but I got an error message stating that the quantity had to be at least one. Now what? Just hide the sucker if you only have a max quantity of one that has sold???

You can not make the max quantity a zero --- max quantity is like a limit of how many can be purchased at one time. You can't have a zero in that box.
Leaving that box blank will not make it equal zero. I have seen a blank box limit it to 1 and I have seen a blank box not limit it at all. so leaving it blank is not a good idea either.

This thread should tell you all you want to know plus more regarding this issue

http://www.ecrater.com/community/viewtopic.php?t=2033
ElfsPlace

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh thank you - thank you... very help indeed. Laughing
ljstores

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="BigTallMensClothing"]
Elfpuss wrote:

Leaving that box blank will not make it equal zero. I have seen a blank box limit it to 1 and I have seen a blank box not limit it at all. so leaving it blank is not a good idea either.

oh c**p
I thought i read that if you leave the box blank that equals one
i mostly have 1 of everything and ive always left it blank
back to the drawing board Embarassed
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: