eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Featured Items/Most Popular

View previous topic :: View next topic  
elegantdreams

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 10:19 pm    Post subject: Featured Items/Most Popular Reply with quote

I need some guidance here. I am one of those people that needs to buy all the yellow books for "Computers for Dummies". Embarassed

Anyway, I would like to know how I get products into the featured items so that they change manually and is there a stting that enables the Most Popular item picture to change?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have my ebay auctions and store linked to my me page which links to my e-crater and need to get my inventory showing !
Thanks
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
zickit

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 2:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the Most Popular item LIST is determined the number of hits - the most hit items are on this list.

Quote:
I would like to know how I get products into the featured items

click product
click on the pencil of the item you want featured.... you can have them all featured if you want
under the GLOBAL CATEGORY area - the next thing says
Show as featured on your store home page.
CHECK the box infront of it.

scroll to the bottom and click on update
elegantdreams

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 7:49 am    Post subject: Thanks! Reply with quote

Hey thanks big n tall!!!

Appreciate your prompt response!
Laughing
elegantdreams

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 9:18 pm    Post subject: Amazing!! Reply with quote

I am making progress on my site ! Amazing!! I have alot more inventory to add but it's coming along.

I just wish we were able to put a colored background but do understand that ecrater wants a clean looking site.

I'm having alot of fun doing this too. can't wait until it's all finished.
I can start directing ebay traffic this way.

Wow, ebay is pretty dead these days for sales !!
Crying or Very sad
celebfashions

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 12:42 pm    Post subject: How do you post Most Popular photo Reply with quote

Hi guys,
I know how to post feature item photo. But, the picture above most popular. How can we change this. Would you please explain. Thanks for your time.
wahm922

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 3:13 pm    Post subject: Re: How do you post Most Popular photo Reply with quote

celebfashions wrote:
Hi guys,
I know how to post feature item photo. But, the picture above most popular. How can we change this. Would you please explain. Thanks for your time.

Log in > Click on Color Templates > then on the template you are using and from there you can upload a picture. It will say Update Home Page Picture

Wink
zickit

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 5:19 pm    Post subject: Re: How do you post Most Popular photo Reply with quote

celebfashions wrote:
Hi guys,

That picture don't change. You put it in as wahm922 posted. It's not a rotating item. IT's just a pic. I have my parent company logo in that stop. You can put whatever you want there.
AKLeatherFashions

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigTallMensClothing wrote:
the Most Popular item LIST is determined the number of hits - the most hit items are on this list.

Quote:

click product
click on the pencil of the item you want featured.... you can have them all featured if you want

Well this is not true in my stores case, I dont even have that item listed on my store, it is an old photo and is NOT the one with the most hits, yet it has never changed the most popular item.

I would lilke to know if there is anyways to remove it to reflect the actual most popular item.
AKLeatherFashions

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 11:51 am    Post subject: Re: How do you post Most Popular photo Reply with quote

wahm922 wrote:
celebfashions wrote:
Hi guys,

Log in > Click on Color Templates > then on the template you are using and from there you can upload a picture. It will say Update Home Page Picture

Wink

ahhhhh wonderful, yes it works, thank you. Finally I get rid of that photo I had on there.
poopsheet

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AKLeatherFashions wrote:
BigTallMensClothing wrote:

Quote:

click product

Well this is not true in my stores case, I dont even have that item listed on my store, it is an old photo and is NOT the one with the most hits, yet it has never changed the most popular item.

I would lilke to know if there is anyways to remove it to reflect the actual most popular item.

Hm, let me make sure we're talking about the same thing here. The Featured Items show up in the item picture on the right hand side of your home page and they rotate as long as you've got more than one item marked that way in admin. The picture on the left hand side (that just happens to be above the "Most Popular" list but isn't part of it) is static and for decoration only.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: