eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

I am new a had a sale!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rosebudzdesigns

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 4:08 pm    Post subject: I am new a had a sale! Reply with quote

I joined a few months ago via a goole search. I already had a sale which has been completed. I find this site great but very hard to navigate around. In other words finding stuff. Any suggestions? Thanks !

http://rosebudzdesigns.ecrater.com
2BOYSandTOYS

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hiya rosebudz - welcome to eCrater. Are you talking about 'as a buyer' or as a 'seller'? I'm reasonably new too - but ask so that if I have any thoughts, I can share accordingly!!

Glad you're here! Very Happy Very Happy
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
buddyslighthouses

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi. Congratulations on the sale. I am lovin' your store!

This site is not hard to find things on if I am coming in to the main site, but I do find it difficult to navigate around when trying to view other items from the same seller. Is that what you mean?
yellowrose

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 5:13 pm    Post subject: I am new a had a sale! Reply with quote

Welcome to Ecrater! You are doing good already! Wishing you many more sales!
qualitycustomcomputers

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to Ecrater! Congrats on your first sale!! I am fairly new as well!

I am not sure what you mean as far as navigate? Maybe could help if I knew better of what you meant.

~Brandy~
Computer Sales & Support

www.qualitycustomcomputers.ecrater.com

www.myspace.com/computersandmore
JewelryDesignsByCher

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do see what you mean, and just realized it today...
I came in thru the main site, using a search term which took me to the cat & item I was looking for... however, once you're on the item, you're not really in the seller's store, and the only way you can get to it is by clicking on their URL to the right of their ratings ... then once you're in the seller's store, you can always click on the BACK button or their Logo to to get to their front page... but it is a bit confusing.

So, I guess if you come to their store thru a link, you're in... but not if you came in thru another route, like a search engine link or thru the main site/search.
JewelryDesignsByCher

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And your costumes are lovely, rosebud... Very Happy
I do notice that you don't accept PayPal (and I'm sure you have reasons, lol), but you might consider trying Google Checkout to expedite payment & shipping to your customers ~ they're offering free payment processing til 12/08 ~ funds are deposited directly into your bank account, rather than an online account such as PP has. Wink
rosebudzdesigns

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks all for the compliments on my costumes. I really didn't know until today that there was a forum.

The problem I am having is that when I log into my store I don't see any home page button. Even when I want to leave the forums I don't see this button to get out of the forums and either go back to my store or go to the home page.

My buyer wanted to leave feedback and he couldn't figure it out either. Are we missing something that is right in front of us?

I don't use paypal because of the fees plus my costumes are 75.00 and when I had paypal people wanted to pay with a credit card and the only way to accept a credit card payment with paypal was to have a credit card on file. I do not have a credit card by choice because I pay cash for everythng so I can't accept credit card payments. It just seemed easier to do it without paypal and so far people want the costumes bad enough I have had no problem with money orders Smile
rosebudzdesigns

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right now I am in the forums and don't know how to get out. Does that make sense?
poopsheet

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rosebudzdesigns wrote:
Right now I am in the forums and don't know how to get out. Does that make sense?

There isn't any navigation between forums, your store and eCrater.com -- it just isn't set up that way (although the suggestion comes up quite a bit).

The best solution is probably to open up the next place you're going to in a new window (or tab) using the right-click menu.

The only thing that does exist, actually, is that in admin the "Preview" button simply opens up your store in a new window.
Solarcell7-Guitars-and-Mo

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 3:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello and Welcome aboard! It's good to hear you are off to a GREAT start!

I also agree with the above posts that you may want to go with Google Checkout for accepting payments. Having the ability to accept Credit Card payments WILL increase your odds for selling. There's no question about it.
Another thing that will help establish your "Presence" as a professional seller would be to get a Pic and logo on your Storfront template.

Wishing you MANY SALES! Keep up the good work! Very Happy
castlekeeper

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome and congratulations on a wonderful start. You will do good as your store is very nice. Good luck to you.

the Dragon
bangkokbint

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 3:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know what you mean about the navigation on ecrater, it's pretty confusing for customers I think.

I wish they'd set it up like etsy.com which is just fabulous. It looks beautiful, and is soooo easy to navigate between stores and the individual products. Pity ecrater didn't think about that before they set their site up.
I'd love to sell on etsy, but don't have the handcrafted items they require.

Ecrater I'm finding really frustrating. 40% of the time when I try to upload photos and new products, NOTHING will upload. I spent all of Sunday completely wasted as nothing on ecrater would upload. I know it's a free site, but it seems ridiculous that almost half the time sellers in certain areas can't upload anything. I stopped adding new products and added them to my stand alone website instead, which is a shame as I've been quite impressed with the ease of ecrater so far Sad
Tsurfer

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to ecrater and congrats on the sale.

T
buysmartpayless

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrads on your sell!! May you have plenty more!! Smile

http://buysmartpayless.ecrater.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: