eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Problem setting up Google Checkout

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WorldGroceryStoreandMore

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would be very happy if someone told me why I can't get GC to work in my store. Do I have to buy Adwords and have a website to have Google Checkout? I am really frustrated about this and I usually can learn anaything if given precise directions. I would call or e-mail Google but I don't have a phone number or e-mail address. And, I read in the forum that is not always the thing to do--not really that helpful I will appreciate help from this thread as to what I am doing wrong. Thanks so much.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
acread

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 4:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are getting the Ooops message in your cart. Read the following carefully (that includes the links I put in the post as well. They have very good suggestions to check as well about where you may have went wrong). http://community.ecrater.com/viewtopic.php?t=2041&start=15
WorldGroceryStoreandMore

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for the reply. I always trust you words. I removed GC from Bonanzle. I will get a new Merchant ID and key for it when I get eCrater right. I have checked everything again after reading your threads and just can't see where the mistake is. Do you think that this "oops" message takes time to be removed after I remove the info from Bonanzle or do you think that I just need to apply for a new merchant ID and key since I used the same ones for eCrater and Bonanazle sign up. Thanks for being patience with me. I am stressed out over getting this fixed.
acread

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 6:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You don't have to remove your Bonanzle account from your GC account.

You need to open a separate Google Checkout account that you will use for eCrater alone.

You probably put your Bonanzle address as your Public Business url and that is why your GC account wasn't working at eCrater.
WorldGroceryStoreandMore

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still receiving OOOPS message. Have checked everything many times. Do you think that just need to get a new Merchant ID and Key since I have used this sme one for both eCrater and Bonanzle and even though I cancelled Bonanzle it could still be in the system. I really appreciate you help. I am not trying to worry you with this . I just want to get it working. Thanks so much.
GoneFunky

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should be able to simply change your Profile, be sure to put your eCrater URL in the Business information section. And then use the eCrater callback URL in the section where you do the integration. Also don't forget to save the changes!
You can contact GCO using this link:
http://checkout.google.com/support/sell/bin/request.py
WorldGroceryStoreandMore

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just deleted the Payment option GC until I can get this straighten out. Then I tried to cancel my GC information so I could request a new merchant ID and Key and start over. It said no changes have been made to the account settings. What is next???? I wrote Google but don't know when they will answer. I can request a new ID or Key until I can cancel the old one. This is too much...I am about to cry and I don't cry easily. I am going to work. Will start over tonight.
Thanks again for being patience with me. This is just too much....!
acread

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What are you doing?

Do not delete anything in your Google Checkout account.
You do not need to get a new merchant key and ID for the same Google Checkout account.

You need to open a new separate Google Checkout account.

For that you need to get a new Google Account.

1. Go to www.google.com
On the top right of the screen there is a "Sign Out" click on that.

2. Then you click on "Sign in" (same location as Sign out appeared)

3. Then you click on "Gmail" on the left side of the screen. So you can open a new email account to use to open a new Google Account.

4. Click on "Create a new account" button on the right bottom of the page.

5. You fill out all the required stuff to create a new gmail account

6. The you go to www.google.com and Click on "Settings" (top right of screen) and choose "Google Account Settings" from the dropdown menu

7. Then at the bottom of the page that opens click on "More" and locate Google Checkout. Click on Google Checkout and create a new Google Checkout account.

8. Verify bank account info (you can use the same checking account you used for your other Google Checkout account. but you'll need to enter all the info anew when you created the second one)

9. Use the Merchant ID and Key from the second account for your eCrater Store. enter your eCrater store's homepage url (which is: http://more4you.ecrater.com) as your Public Business url in your Settings page (at Google Checkout). (scroll up this page and find my previous post where I put a link (the writing in blue with the underline), click on the to open a new browser page with an eCrater forum topic where the Ooops message correction is explained. Below that there is a post about how to properly set up your GC account at eCrater and link the two. Read that carefully and do what it says)

10 Keep the Merchant ID and Key of the first one and use it at Bonanzle. Use the Bonanzle store's homepage as public business url for that account.

If you need to look at different accounts you always first go to Google's homepage. Sing out from one account and then sign in the correct account. then go to Google Checkout (just remember which email you used with which Google Checkout account.

Keep this page open or print a copy to use as a reference when you are doing it.
WorldGroceryStoreandMore

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rejoice! Rejoice! I have GC on my eCrater account. this is twice that you have rescued me--for Google Attributes and now GC. Probably other times as well. I printed the directions and followed them to a "tee." Thanks. I am exhausted so I may get a good nights sleep and set my Bonanzale GC up tomorrow night. Didn;t you say that the same products could not be listed in Google from two diffeent venues. Thanks again. You are the best!!
acread

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 4:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great, well done. It appears to be working OK.

You did set up the integration, right? Adding the API for eCrater and set up your GC to email you when you have an order. Those are significant steps to take care of. It will work without them, but it works better for you if you do them. The API is what allows your order info to appear at eCrater and feedback email to be sent after eCrater gets the info. And you need to set up GC to email you cause eCrater doesn't send a order notice when it is a GC payment.

Just wanted to make sure.
WorldGroceryStoreandMore

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 5:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I knew that I had but I just checked again. Thanks again.
luluslittlehouse

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 9:52 am    Post subject: Merchant Key info Reply with quote

I have a Merchant ID # now, but where does one find the Merchant Key info?
acread

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 11:49 am    Post subject: Re: Merchant Key info Reply with quote

luluslittlehouse wrote:
I have a Merchant ID # now, but where does one find the Merchant Key info?

Read: http://community.ecrater.com/viewtopic.php?t=2041&start=17
luluslittlehouse

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

acread: I am following your How to Add Google Checkout post and I am in my GC account on the Settings page. I don't see any Payment Settings place. There's Payouts and a menu under Profile. But I don't see any Payment Settings. Any suggestions?

lulu
luluslittlehouse

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never mind. I found it. I just clicked on Integration in the Profile menu.

Thanks.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: