eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

newbie w ton of prob. con't!!!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Beadfuldelights

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 12:17 pm    Post subject: newbie w ton of prob. con't!!! Reply with quote

Well I have to say that after an hour last night wanted to throw computer threw the wall! Have followed EVERY suggestion frm forum, even printed responses because I have short term memory loss. Now, no matter how many time I click on the spot where your photo goes, nothing happens, I got 1 thumbnail up and the page willl go no farther, NOTHING works, I don't know what else to do. Nothing comes up to add more pics, no pencil, like Cher said, no anything, when I clicked on contact the page came up but the sides were grey. as tho the page was not functioning properly. you know when you use your mouse to make the page go up or down, well that doesn't work either. Now I know it is not my computer because I just got done adding pics on Picturetrail. So shoul;d I delet everythnig and try to start over? I am going for surgery in 2 weeks and really wanted a bunch of my pieces on here, but the rate I am going it might be ready for Christmas! I am looking ar instructions right now I printed out and it says click on templte to chanfge image, well when I do nothing happens, click browsw, select image click update. Right! To see what it looks like select store precview and it will open a new window--no, do not even see store preview much less open a new window. So can anyone make any sense out of this? I am at the point I am ready to quit before I even got started, it is 2 weeks and I still can get it going, and again, I did follow all instructions. Thast's why I am asking do you think it is a site problem for some reason? Anna thanking anyone who can help! Rxcuse all typos, hands r not working today and am blind in one eye, so sometimes nothing works right-LOL
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
zickit

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beadfuldelights - sounds to me like you need to clear cache and or reboot you pc.

What browser are you using?
You going through AOL to get to the net?
JewelryDesignsByCher

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Believe me, there are times when I want to murder my computer too, but without it, I'd be lost (and IT knows that, I'm sure Cool )

OK, I checked your store, and your logo is on your homepage, with no image under it yet, and no featured items, but with one Red Jasper featured category and no items in that category listed yet.

I know how frustrating it can be, so leave this window open to follow, open another browser window, and let's try one item, step by step;
When you log in, your admin page comes up... click on PRODUCTS in the left margin, and it will say you have no products listed yet, so look lower on the page, click on ADD NEW PRODUCT, and a page will come up that allows you to put in the Title, Description, Photo, Price etc.

Once you have all that filled in you click ADD ~ it will then go to the page with just the listed product with the 3 icons; Camera, Pencil and Red X ~
(you can go back and click on the pencil to edit at any time, so don't worry about errors, but you must get it listed before you can do any editing)

Click on the Camera icon, and it will take you to another page, where you can BROWSE your computer files, and choose your images (up to 10)...once you've chosen the image, click ADD and you'll see a 2nd thumbnail pic showing, and keep adding images for that item til you have all you want, then choose the DEFAULT photo, which is your Gallery pic.

After you're finished adding pics for that item, click on PREVIEW in the upper right, to be sure everything is as you want it in the listing, and if so, close out the preview page, and back on the original page, click on Products again, to list another.

You'll have to name/set up your Categories ahead of time (you can add to them and move items from one to another by editing at any time), so that you can place each item in it's proper category, and you can also choose the 5 that you want featured by clicking on CATEGORIES from your admin page, and uploading a photo from your file for each...just click the button under each photo for that category. (clear as mud? lol)
You don't need to upload anything to an image host, everything is taken from your own files, and they're re-named by eCrater.

Try that, and see if it works for you... and hopefully some of your frustration will be alleviated once you've seen some progress.

Good Luck ~ Cher Very Happy
JewelryDesignsByCher

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good idea, BTM... hadn't thought of that, and it may correct the problem.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: