eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

All texts must be in English
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
colorpaintingart

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 6:57 pm    Post subject: All texts must be in English Reply with quote

My account has been suspended. Thanks to moderator: acread who has reply me in another thread posted earlier.
I have read the policy, ad I do sorta violated the first basic requirement.
Quote:
All texts must be in English

There are some Chinese characters in the descriptions, however, I have also written the described words in English before the Chinese characters. All the words are referring to names of people and places, and its merely for the educational and cultural purposes. This is also part of my theme in my store set-up, esp with the emerging China having the best source of exchange and learning in every goodness. I personally dont mean to break the rules in eCrater listing. Yet, dosen't this consider reasonably acceptable?

Furthermore, it was after couple of months of listing, that I have realized my store was recently suspended.

Beside the above error that I have identify, I may have other errors I couldnt find. So who else I can seek advice to? And what should I do next? Im kinda lost..

Thanks,
Edwin
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
theartsandlettersofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Generally copying paintings for the purpose of selling them is illegal. I'm not sure how well you described what your paintings are or if you copy the signature as well as the painting, but that MAY have been the reason for your suspension.

I was under the impression having information in two languages was allowed as long as English was dominant. The rules may have changed. If you copy one of your titles and the description to this topic we can better judge. Right now you are the only person who can see your items.

Don't blame ACRead for having your store suspended. Anyone can report a store that is breaking the rules.
colorpaintingart

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello, theartsandlettersofmaggiethecat
Quote:
Don't blame ACRead for having your store suspended. Anyone can report a store that is breaking the rules.

First of all, my post is not finger pointing on anyone who suspended my account or report store that is breaking the rules..
Basically, Im aware I am suspended for some good reasons that I need to identify the fault and improve on my listing so that I follow the policy.

I agree as u have said "Generally copying paintings for the purpose of selling them is illegal. ". All the paintings are reproduction and unsigned. There are also in the public domain, such as Van Gogh's painting.

I may have overlook some specific errors on selling paintings artwork, since my ongoing interest in learning this art and its trading. The point Im not clear is on Google's feed status below that need to enlighten me. Or should I do a re-submission based on trial-and-error, disable some products, and re-submit, etc? That would be inefficient, tedious and lots of re-work. Perhaps, I will be able to learn more from you, as I browse through your store selling lots of artworks.
-
Code:

# of errors     Problem
1    Item is not valid
1    Item is not valid
1    Item is not valid

Thanks, edwin

FYI: Below listed one of the product descriptions with most clicks.

Title: Vincent Van Gogh, Oil Painting, Irises 24"x30", Post-Impressionist
Irises
[quote]Van Gogh used the asylum
colorpaintingart

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, I couldn't quote the entire descriptions, below is an excerpts with Chinese characters.
Quote:
In the early 20th century, having great influence by the Westerns, Chinese painters, such as Li Tiefu (1869-1952) and Xu Beihong (徐悲鸿, 1895-1953), went abroad to study and brought the Western techniques back to China.

Quote:
In 1930s, many Chinese masters who pursue the same skill sprung up by same influence, especially the modern Chinese painters, Zhao Wuji (赵无极), Wu Guanzhong (吴冠中), Zhang Xiaogang (张晓刚) and Yue Minjun (岳敏君) as topping representatives. Yue Minjun is regards as the contemporary artist, famous for oil paintings of "Frozen Laughter"
theartsandlettersofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was just trying to help you. And since I can't see your listings I was just making possible suggestions.

Your store is suspended so until you fix whatever is wrong you can't submit to Google and resubmitting them to ecrater won't work either. You'll end up being banned from ecrater altogether.

What you just posted about the history of this kind of painting doesn't tell me anything about the works you are trying to sell. That is the important part. What you are selling.
colorpaintingart

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi theartsandlettersofmaggiethecat,
Thanks for telling me about the "being banned from ecrater altogether"

There seems to be no easy answer to my account being suspended. Now, I will have to spend some time reading those post with similar cases from other sellers.

Does it help, if I post the title of the product im selling?
ladyknightsjewelry

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Probably would be easiest to use the contact form and just email eCRATER and ask the questions and get the correct answers.

http://www.ecrater.com/contact.php

LKJ
colorpaintingart

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great help! Many thanks for the link.
acread

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 5:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

colorpaintingart wrote:
....through your store selling lots of artworks.
-
Code:

# of errors     Problem
1    Item is not valid
1    Item is not valid
1    Item is not valid

Thanks, edwin

FYI: Below listed one of the product descriptions with most clicks.

Title: Vincent Van Gogh, Oil Painting, Irises 24"x30", Post-Impressionist
Irises
Quote:
Van Gogh used the asylum

Whatever character you posted after the word "asylum" (I'm thinkng probably a long dash or a slanted quotation mark) caused the rest of your post not to appear here in the forum.

If that character is in your description it will also cause the error message you saw in your Google Base feed. Make sure you correct that when you are correcting other stuff. Your Google Base feed is not being done (since your store is suspended) but when you correct things and get it back this will resolve your feed problem.
poopsheet

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 5:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As far as I know the Chinese characters (such as above) are fine. The point of that rule is that English-speakers can read and comprehend the information.

As Maggie said it's difficult for us to tell what's wrong without being able to look at your listings but if the description you quoted is a good example then she's definitely right that it should be made clear in the reproduction listings themselves that the paintings are reproductions.

Apart from that, maybe the reproductions are the problem (not "authentic"). You may have to offer some proof to eCrater that they're in the public domain.
colorpaintingart

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi everyone,
Thanks for the help.
I have written to eCrater Team regards to above issues and below is their reply.

Quote:
Hello Edwin,

Thank you for your email. Your account is suspended because all or parts of the item titles and/or item descriptions in the store are not in English.

The texts in all listings must be revised as per the Terms of Service located here: http://www.ecrater.com/terms.php

3.2 Basic requirements

- All texts must be in English

Please correct this issue and verify that all text is in English before requesting reactivation of the store. As for the items, please be sure that both the title and the description state that the items are reproductions.

Sincerely,

Removed

The eCRATER Team

Im not going to reply, as I doubt there will accept the reasons mentioned in this post. As far as I know, English is still the dominant language in my description. As of now, I will simply amend all my text into English and re-submit to see how it goes....
Theses Chinese proverbs maybe true to the cause of my suspension.
A country has its laws and a family its rules.

Will keep everyone posted on the outcome.

Thanks,
edwin
acread

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 4:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

colorpaintingart wrote:
Im not going to reply, as I doubt there will accept the reasons mentioned in this post. As far as I know, English is still the dominant language in my description. As of now, I will simply amend all my text into English and re-submit to see how it goes....

What do you mean re-submit? You are not putting in the same items in the Bulk Lister, right? eCrater considers that using the system as a bulk editor and they won't do it. So do not delete and then try to submit stuff to the Bulk lister.

All you need to do is edit your individual listings (don't duplicate them either). To edit any listing click on the edit button next to it in the Products section (button with yellow pencil drawing on it), correct whatever needs correcting and "update & exit".

That "re-submit" isn't clear. Make sure you don't create more issue for yourself.
poopsheet

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 6:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Huh. I'm surprised that's the reason (unless other listings are more Chinese than English or something).

I think I would consider replying to eCrater and telling them the Chinese characters are only translations of the artist names (assuming they all are) and helpful for searches.

It could be that there's an automated script that finds non-English characters and they automatically suspend but haven't really looked at the listings. Or I could be completely wrong.
colorpaintingart

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi acread,
Im not re-submit, just re-edit and update. Like what have said. Thanks for mentioning this.

Hi poopsheet,
There is more Chinese than English in all the product description. Will consider replying, cause I also doubt that this is the only reason. In addition, I did send the link of this post for reference and without me elaborating further.
I dont think its the automated script, since the store was up for about 5 months. Unless there is a recent change on the script program.
Let me try. Will update again.

Thanks.
edwin
colorpaintingart

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Everyone,
All_Texts_Must_Be_In_English. Not just the requirement of eCrater, "Google Product Search" also stated in their policy (guidelines). I guess sellers just have to abide by the policy. Below is their reply.
Quote:

Hello Edwin,

Thank you for your email. As stated in the previous email, your account is suspended because all or parts of the item titles and/or item descriptions in the store are not in English.

The texts in all listings must be revised as per the Terms of Service located here: http://www.ecrater.com/terms.php

3.2 Basic requirements

- All texts must be in English

Google Product Search policies and Ecrater Terms of Service both require that all text be in English. This is requirement and is not optional. eCRATER submits the Google Feed for your store, but the listings must still be compliant to be processed.

Please reference the text below:

http://www.google.com/support/merchants/bin/answer.py?answer=160637&hl=en_US

Country requirements

To include your items in Google Product Search, your items must meet the following guidelines:

Google Product Search US:
- Products must be listed in English.
- Product prices must be listed in US dollars.
- Products must be shippable throughout the continental US.

Please correct this issue and verify that all text is in English before requesting reactivation of the store.

Sincerely,

Removed

The eCRATER Team

Quote:
Sent: Monday, December 21, 2009 6:52 AM
To: Removed
Subject: Re: Ask About Store Set Up

Hi Removed,

Thanks for your reply. I have read the terms and understand that all texts must be in English.

Indeed, there are some Chinese characters in the descriptions, however, I have also written the described words in English before the Chinese characters. All the words are referring to names of people and places, and its merely for the educational and cultural purposes. This is also part of my theme in my store set-up, esp with the emerging China having the best source of exchange and learning in every goodness.

As discussed in the forum, http://community.ecrater.com/viewtopic.php?t=21910 It looks like the above explanation is acceptable to forum members/sellers, so long English is the dominant language. Would eCrater Team categorize this as an exceptional case?

I personally dont mean to break the rules in eCrater listing, but would like to confirm if there are other possible causes for suspension.

Thanks, edwin
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: