eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Google Feed Status "Not valid"

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mediacollectibles

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 11:13 pm    Post subject: Google Feed Status "Not valid" Reply with quote

Went looking for my products on Google and keep getting "no posts found" message. Went into ecrater and signed in and found this message on the Google feed's status page. My store is still active and up but can't find anything when searching. Did I do something wrong, is it Google or ecrater and should I notifiy them?

Account status: Active
Feed's last updated: December 31, 2009 00:00:59
Feed's processing status: internal_error
Items processed: 0
Items inserted: 0
Errors:
# of errors Problem
1 Item is not valid
1 Item is not valid
1 Item is not valid
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
zickit

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Duplicate post are against the rules

BUT I will answer it here again

mediacollectibles - have you looked at your store?
It's suspended. Therefore nothing is feed to google base.
See the SUSPENDED section of this forum for more info
acread

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 3:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Read: http://community.ecrater.com/viewtopic.php?t=1214
As well as: http://www.ecrater.com/terms.php
mediacollectibles

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had over 100 items in my store, from clothing to movie posters to autographs to dvd collector sets, how am I suppose to know what triggered this action and what is in question and should be taken down? From what I read they don't seem to tell you what is going on whihc would make this a real guessing game and long procedure. Please help!!
acread

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only eCrater knows why you are suspended. We can only make guesses as to why. Since we can't see your product pages and what you had on them, our guessed may be off.

If you had any listings marked in red in your products that should give you a clue.

Read:
Quote:
3.2 Basic requirements

- All texts must be in English You should be able to tell what language you typed in
- All prices must be in US dollars and >= $0.2 Can't see your product pages but you probably can't list anything less than 20 cents I think. But if by some miracle you manages edit to make it at least 20.
- The sellers must be able to ship throughout the United States. You cannot refuse to ship anyplace in US mainland. So local pick up only etc is not allowed.

3.3 Content requirements

- Do not include promotional or boilerplate text in your product titles and descriptions. All text should directly describe the product. Texts related to shipping or store policies must not be included. This seems pretty straight forward. Can't see your descriptions. You got any boiler plate stuff remove them.
- Do not invite the users to pay through payment methods not supported by eCRATER. Payment types offered by eCrater are the ones you see in your Payment Options section. Anything else will fall under "payment methods not supported"
- Do not upload logo images or other generic images such as "image not available" images for your products. This probably doesn't need explaining.

3.4 What is not allowed to post?

- Body parts & organs probably not
- Pirated materials and products maybe. I got no clue where you bought the stuff, if they are genuine or pirated.
- Copyrighted Materials (images & texts) maybe. If you use other peoples images without authorization.
- Counterfeit Designer Items (replicas or imitation of designer products) If you sell stuff that isn't made by the designer but using their name. Calling them "inspired" is no excuse. Fake is fake
- Fake Documents have no clue if you have any
- Illegal Goods and Services no clue if you have any
- Personal Information about another individual no clue if you have any, can't see your product pages
- Prescription Drugs maybe. Can't see your products.
- Prostitution probably not. but can't see your product pages
- Currency Exchanges probably not. but can't see your product pages
- The same or very similar content several times (even in different categories) maybe. can't see inside your categories
- Miscategorization maybe. but can't see inside your categories. If you selected an unsuitable global category for a lot of your products you'll need to edit and move them to the most suitable one. So no books in apparel etc
- Meaningless title & description maybe. but can't see your product pages. If you have a lot of these they would get you suspended. One or two words that do not say exactly what the product is can be considered nonsense.
- Test items unless your store is put on-hold maybe. but can't see your product pages. putting titles like "test 1" etc and not having a real product while your store is open and purchaseable is not allowed.
- Free items and items with prices that are not "real" maybe. but can't see your product pages. If you have stuff that is free and you may be returning their money for that item, that is not allowed.
- Items that are not for sale maybe. but can't see your product pages. If you have a number of such items. Advertisement where there isn't an item you need to remove such things. If you have like a 20 cent item where you just posted info and when someone buys there is nothing to ship or send, that is not allowed.
- Pre-order items maybe. but can't see your product pages. If you don't have the product in your posession to send it out, like before the release date of a video you are selling those videos that is not allowed.
- Firearms & ammunition probably not. but can't see your product pages.
- Tobacco and cigars for smoking probably not. but can't see your product pages.
- Live animals probably not. but can't see your product pages.
- Mod chips or mod chips accessories probably not. but can't see your product pages.

If you had orders you did not take care of (customer complaint etc. That could be a cause.

If you had previous store with the same products and got suspended for some reason and did not fix it but started a duplicate store, that may be a reason.

We don't know.

It is up to each seller to read eCrater's terms of service and not violate them.
mediacollectibles

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you soooo much for your reply and the work that went behind it. I read everything, both in your reply and under suspended stores, and still I'm scratching my head over it. I've been selling here for the past 3 months and have 100% feedback. I went back to my first postings and found some very minor stuff were I mentioned the price for overseas shipping and 2 items which I didn't include photos on. I guess my question is should I go in and start taking down some items, changing some write-ups and photos, and then write ecrater for reinstatement? I send them a message asking them what happened and why so should I just wait for them to tell me? Do they reply and give you some direction to go in?
mediacollectibles

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a PS: I check my site every day and had no items marked in red, no complaints from any customers or refunds, take google checkout and paypal for payment, and take the photos of all my products posted.
acread

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mediacollectibles wrote:
I guess my question is should I go in and start taking down some items, changing some write-ups and photos, and then write ecrater for reinstatement?

If you can still log in and edit, yes.
Quote:
I send them a message asking them what happened and why so should I just wait for them to tell me?

Did you read this topic: http://community.ecrater.com/viewtopic.php?t=1214 What does eCrater say at the bottom of the message there?
Quote:
Do they reply and give you some direction to go in?

Probably not. I can't talk for them. And I never got suspended. So I don't know what they may or may not do. All I know is what is stated in that topic. And the terms page.
acread

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mediacollectibles wrote:
Just a PS: ... take google checkout and paypal for payment...

I did not say not offering Google Checkout or PayPal is against the terms. Offering anything that is not in the Payment Options is not allowed. So you can actually skip GC and/or PP and offer only check or only money order etc. if you want. That will not violate the terms.
mediacollectibles

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How do you identify the problem and fix it if you don't know what the problem is????? I could take down and change 99 items and leave one up and that could be the problem for some weird and odd reason? If I change several things and ask for reinstatement and the problem is not fixed do they let you know in an email or just not open the store and you have to keep on guessing? Will start going over the complete store from top to bottom today and give it a try.
acread

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh come on. You know exactly what products you listed to sell, and since I typed it above in detail, you know exactly what is not allowed. Don't tell me you cannot compare the two things and figure out what is or are the source of problem.

It may not be just one thing that is the problem. If you got several thing that violates the rules, you need to remove or correct all. Because even if it goes unnoticed now, they will catch it in the future and suspend you again for those.

You clean it up as much as you can. Then contact eCrater. If they want you to do further cleaning or provide proof of stuff you do that too.
AmericanEdge

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mediacollectibles From your FAQs

Our DVD-Rs are recorded in the NTSC system and are encoded for ALL Regions (Region 0). All DVD players manufactured in the US, Canada and Japan can play NTSC discs. If you live in a country where PAL or SECAM is the system used, your DVD player must be "multi-system" and capable of playing NTSC discs. Most international post-2001 DVD players are multi-system. Please check your owner's manual. Your DVD player must also be capable of playing DVD-R discs. Most all post-2000 DVD players can play DVD-R discs. If you're not sure about your player, please check your owner's manual. No refunds will be given if you order and then discover your DVD player does not play NTSC or DVD-R discs. We also strive, to the best of our ability, to obtain the most complete, uncut versions for all DVD titles offered. All titles have been mastered from the best original sources available anywhere, in DVD-R.

This may be your problem. Some might think these are bootleg copies.
If you think this might be the case, contact eCrater at http://www.ecrater.com/contact.php

Hope this helps

Last edited by AmericanEdge on Thu Dec 31, 2009 11:11 am; edited 1 time in total
mediacollectibles

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, will be doing a complete house cleaning on all of my products and their descriptions from day one and will then ask for reinstatement.
Thanks for all your help and if there is anything else I need to do please let me know.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: