eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Google checkout order received. Help!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
StinkyScents

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 10:13 am    Post subject: Google checkout order received. Help! Reply with quote

Hello,
I received my first Google checkout order last night. I checked out some of the other postings but I am still a little confused. The following information is in my order section:

Sales Tax: $0.00
Shipping: $6.00
Total: $28.20
Payment through: Google Checkout
Google Order #: I have deleted this number for security reasons
Financial State: CHARGED
Fulfillment State: NEW
refund ship

Initially, I received a "charge" where the refund and ship area were at. Reading postings I learned to click on charge. I now have the ship button which is the next step.

I dropship my fragrances so I need to order from the distributor. Where do I find the funds to place my order? With paypal the funds are in the paypal account and I use paypal funds to process and pay for orders. I have read that the funds go to my account. Is there a housing area for funds just like paypal?

Thanks any help is appreciated.
Stinky Shocked
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
Tsurfer

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They will show up in your personal account in about 2 days. The account you gave google check out when you set it up.

T
StinkyScents

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the response Tsurfer. I was able to find the checkout process for google checkout. This may be in another post as well, but I thought I might want to copy and paste it here as well in case others have questions. This is from the google checkout section.

How do I process orders in the Google Checkout Merchant Center?

You can process orders in the Google Checkout Merchant Center at any time.

To process orders:

1. Sign in to Google Checkout. Your orders inbox will appear.

2. Review the order: Click the order number in your inbox to view the order details, including estimated taxes and net revenue. You can also choose a shipping carrier and enter a tracking number as needed.

3. Charge the buyer's credit card: Once you've determined you can fulfill and ship the order, charge the buyer's credit card by clicking Charge beside the appropriate order in your inbox. (You can also click Charge this order on the order details page.) Important: When you charge an order, you'll also initiate the payout process. Please be sure you're able to fulfill and ship the order before you charge the buyer.

4. Ship the order and notify the buyer: To ensure your buyer's satisfaction (and to qualify for the Google Checkout Payment Guarantee Policy), ship the order according to the shipping method and timeframe agreed upon when the order was confirmed. Once you've shipped the order, you must inform the buyer that the order is on its way. Simply click Ship beside the appropriate order in your inbox to send a system-generated email to the buyer. You can also send this email by clicking Send shipping confirmation on the order details page.
StinkyScents

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,

It looks like the payout process is different for paypal and google checkout.

Feel free to edit as you wish or add on. This is what I am seeing.

Paypal - An order is placed using paypal and the funds appear in your paypal account. The funds appear instantly once checkout is complete.

Google checkout - This is copied from google checkout merchant help center.
Google will initiate payouts within two business days after you charge an order; however, your bank may take up to three additional business days to register the payout in your account. Please contact your bank representative if you'd like more information about the timing of fund transfers into your account.

This is good to know when figuring out which form of payment program you wish to process.
wahm922

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Google is more like a merchant account, they don't keep your money like PP does Wink
eleganzajewels

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, it does take Checkout a couple of days to get the money into your bank account, something to keep in mind if you are using a dropshipper (should keep the customer notified that there will be a 2-3 day delay in shipment)

Gotta respectfully disagree with you a little, wahm, or more like expound on what you said (you know I luvs doing that!) You can suffer a chargeback through a merchant account, too, as well as Google and Paypal. The difference is the merch account and Google have access to your bank account, and will help themselves to the funds to cover the chargeback from your bank balance (til the matter is resolved, anyway). Paypal cannot go into your bank account, but they can keep money from your PP account til issues are resolved one way or another.

Just something to keep in mind. I personally don't much care for anyone besides me having access to my bank account and funds! Still taking a chance with Google for now, but I'm usually happier when a credit card or paypal payment comes in through my PP pro merch account!
poopsheet

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FYI, there's also a Google Checkout thread in the Solutions area which answers lots of questions:

http://www.ecrater.com/community/viewtopic.php?t=2041
moondance4me

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm,

I do 'some' dropshipping. I state that their order will be shipped , once "payment has cleared", within 2-3 days. Think that is good enough, or, should I up the time some?

Myra
zickit

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

moondance4me wrote:
Hmmm,

I do 'some' dropshipping. I state that their order will be shipped , once "payment has cleared", within 2-3 days. Think that is good enough, or, should I up the time some?

Myra

I think that is fine AS LONG AS you consider a CLEAR PAYMENT as one that has been charged. Waiting til the payment hits your google checkout PAYOUT screen is against google rules.
The way it works is - They buy, You charge, Their payment is processed, You get a note saying it was charged, you ship, you notify it was shipped and google then starts the process to get you your money.
Now, if you claim it was shipped to get the process going first - well you ain't playing by the rules.
Just like if you charge the card, then go to your drop shipper and find out they no longer have it or it's out of stock.
That's not what you agreed to do at the time you signed up for google checkout.
moondance4me

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see. Thanks.

I constantly check to make sure what I am listing is still in stock anyway and would never process, or charge, the payment unless I was absolutely sure that it was still in stock. I sure don't need that nitemare! I haven't gotten to actually use the GC yet so it's still all pretty new to me and I definitely don't want to mess it up. I appreciate any and all suggestions and tips from sellers that are much more use to it than I am.

Myra
JewelryDesignsByCher

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's safe to ship as soon as GC confirms the charge has been approved, Myra... I was a bit concerned the first time I got paid thru them, but no worries, you can ship... just as with PP, they'd need a very good reason to do a chargeback, except they can't "freeze" your $$ like PP can Confused
In fact, I've taken the precaution of opening a business account with my bank, where my PP & GC are associated and I leave very little funds in there. Cool
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: