eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Frustrations with Uploading New Items to ECrater.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bangkokbint

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 6:58 pm    Post subject: Frustrations with Uploading New Items to ECrater. Reply with quote

Hi,

Wondered if anyone has any suggestions?

I've been on ecrater for a week, and LOVE my store:

http://www.bangkokbint.ecrater.com

But, my problem is that 40% of the time, I cannot get the system to upload new products. 60% of the time it's fabulous, easy and fast.

On Sunday, for instance, I spent all day continually trying to access ecrater and add new products. I could get into my account, change settings, browse my store, add new keywords etc. but the minute it came to uploading new product - nothing! It would just hang forever and then I'd eventually get a message saying "Timed out". ALL day!

Monday morning, no problems at all - products uploading in 10 seconds flat!

Now, I'm in Bangkok, Thailand so obviously have the time difference (we're 12 hours ahead of the Eastern US). But, if it was maintenance at ecrater that was causing the problem, why would this be happening for 15 hours straight??

Anyone any ideas?

And before anyone asks, it's nothing on my computer and it's nothing wrong with my photos and clearing out the cache won't help - LOL! Every other site I tried to access I had NO problems with, only ecrater!
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
Tsurfer

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only thing I can think of because I have had it happen on another site I'm in is that the site is busy when you go to do that.

Maybe a lot of people in doing the same thing that's what happen in the other site I'm in and they just upgraded not to long ago so you would think it would work better but they don't have all the bug out.

Just my 2cents.

T
zickit

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am on the site normally from noon to about 4 am MST. In the 2 years I have been here I think only 3 times have I found the site to be down.

Have you tried to clear cache and or reboot your pc when this happens?
bangkokbint

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
And before anyone asks, it's nothing on my computer and it's nothing wrong with my photos and clearing out the cache won't help - LOL! Every other site I tried to access I had NO problems with, only ecrater!

BigTall, yep, I said that Smile

It's definitely something with ecrater because I dont' have problems with any other site. There was also someone in Germany a couple of days ago with the same problem, and I have a Thai friend in a different city that's also experiencing the same thing.

I'm guessing it may not be set up for international???
zickit

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My point is that it's NOT an ecrater.com issue. Why? because move users of the site would be screaming about it.

I know one time I couldn't get connected to the forum or the site. I traced the routing and it turned out my IP had a down server and I couldn't get here. Yet, I had no problem getting anywhere else.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: