eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

how to register to THE FIND
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Heydiddlediddle

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:55 pm    Post subject: how to register to THE FIND Reply with quote

I saw many ecrater stores showing up at THE FIND but when I tried to register myself they were asking to use html which is not applicable with ecrater stores so I register another store of mine not the ecrater one. Could sb who has already done it explain to me how they did it ? in plain english please because my html skills are very limited .... Embarassed
thanks in advance
HEY DIDDLE DIDDLE ....
georgia
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
zickit

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have no idea what the find is

BUT if you have your own webpage, a blog or any free web page outside of ecrater.com maybe the others are using something like that.
acread

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 4:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where are they asking you to use html? (They are asking you to submit your store url which is http://heydiddlediddle.ecrater.com)

I didn't want to submit any of my info and sign up for anything just to try to find out info you.

Are they asking you something else later? Something to paste like a code?

I'm not seing anything like that on the first page of submission: https://merchant.thefind.com/mc/claim.fhtml

And I swear there was another topic on this a few weeks ago in the forum. I just couldn't find it not. Either in Sellers Only or Selling on eCrater.
Heydiddlediddle

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 6:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

acread wrote:
Where are they asking you to use html? (They are asking you to submit your store url which is http://heydiddlediddle.ecrater.com)

I didn't want to submit any of my info and sign up for anything just to try to find out info you.

Are they asking you something else later? Something to paste like a code?

I'm not seing anything like that on the first page of submission: https://merchant.thefind.com/mc/claim.fhtml

And I swear there was another topic on this a few weeks ago in the forum. I just couldn't find it not. Either in Sellers Only or Selling on eCrater.

yes they are asking you to paste a code which i could do with my other bisi store but i could not with my ecrater one
thank you
acread

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 6:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is no html editing at eCrater.

My thinking is the eCrater stores you saw there are not submitting their stores themselves. Maybe other members are adding them as recommendation.

Or maybe they have domain names that are forwarded to their eCrater stores and somehow pasting the code in the gateway page or something.

Can you show an example of an eCrater store at that site (don't want to go in spend a bunch of time searching for it).
Heydiddlediddle

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

acread wrote:
There is no html editing at eCrater.

My thinking is the eCrater stores you saw there are not submitting their stores themselves. Maybe other members are adding them as recommendation.

Or maybe they have domain names that are forwarded to their eCrater stores and somehow pasting the code in the gateway page or something.

Can you show an example of an eCrater store at that site (don't want to go in spend a bunch of time searching for it).

world-coins-dealer, momsretro, oldchinadishshop, comicvolcano,
jjseuts,
these are just a few examples there are hundreds of them
thank you for your help so far
silktraveler

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:11 pm    Post subject: how I got on The Find Reply with quote

I believe that The Find found me and added me. I also had noticed other ecrater stores' items showing up there and thought it would be a good thing. As I recall I wasn't able or didn't understand how to get placed there and forgot about it. Then, some months later I happened to notice I was in their crawl, if that's what you call it.
acread

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The site says it is a search engine. They probably have crawler looking for stuff as it is. I guess if you sign up and paste the code you just quicken the process. But now they found several eCrater stores maybe they can find more.

Just in case anyone wants to look at their homepage:
http://www.thefind.com/ (and maybe the link will help their crawlers find their way too Wink )
antiques-collectibles

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had the same problem with this site about 6 weeks ago. I went through about 3 pages of filling out various questions and at the end it says you need to paste html to your site. I know this is not possible with eCrater. I wrote to the company and told them what I thought, but obviously it fell on deaf ears. I think there is a shortcut at the beginning, but me being me, I wanted to do it the <i>right</i> way. Rolling Eyes So much for that. If the site wants more business it will have to find another way to entice it. Complications are not welcome on the internet these days. Anywhere.
GoneFunky

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Through eCrater you can't add your store. They are basically a really nice shopping site which searches for items on different venues. I jumped through hoops to get my website approved and then all of a sudden I noticed my eCrater store was picked up also...sighhhhh At least they are finding our items, I get referrals from there every day.
Heydiddlediddle

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

antiques-collectibles wrote:
I had the same problem with this site about 6 weeks ago. I went through about 3 pages of filling out various questions and at the end it says you need to paste html to your site. I know this is not possible with eCrater. I wrote to the company and told them what I thought, but obviously it fell on deaf ears. I think there is a shortcut at the beginning, but me being me, I wanted to do it the <i>right</i> way. Rolling Eyes So much for that. If the site wants more business it will have to find another way to entice it. Complications are not welcome on the internet these days. Anywhere.

I also sent them email for help but they never got back to me
heydiddlediddle
georgia
Heydiddlediddle

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

frillypad wrote:
Through eCrater you can't add your store. They are basically a really nice shopping site which searches for items on different venues. I jumped through hoops to get my website approved and then all of a sudden I noticed my eCrater store was picked up also...sighhhhh At least they are finding our items, I get referrals from there every day.

what exactly did you do to get approved ?
heydiddlediddle
georgia
TotallyKids

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It can be done...I just added my store! Hightlight and copy the html coding, go inside your eCrater account, go to the home page text. Scroll to the very bottom and paste it. You won't see it from the buyers side. Basically they just want to make sure you are the owner of the site verfying the information. The only way to prove this is for you to paste it inside your website. Then go back to The Find and click verify. It was actually very simple to do. Hope this helps!
GoneFunky

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TotallyKids Thanks for the info. I know I am seeing more and more referrals from thefind, usually 3-4 a day, which is often more than I get from Bing or AOL!! I'm really not sure we have to get approved since our items seem to be getting picked up, but it's worth a shot.
I appreciate any referral they send my way, it's another potential sale. Laughing
antiques-collectibles

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, Here's the deal with this. You CAN get this to work with ecrater if you fill out the 2 or 3 pages at thefind.com and at the bottom of the last page they offer some choices, most of which you can't use on ecrater. What you CAN use is the text only thing that will look something like this (example only) thefind_eb2358429197e018c8c123402d78da3c.html

OPEN A NEW TAB OR WINDOW- don'e close the one you are working with.

If you then copy this and open a new tab or window go to your ecrater admin page and login, edit home page, copy, paste, save as whatever you already have there and REMOVE it temporarily and replace with the new code and update. THen go back to the page where you got the code and click "Verify Now". Give it a minute or 2 and a new acceptance page will come up. Only then do you go back to your ecrater admin and remove the code and re-update your home page with what you used to have. Takes a few minutes but it works. Hopefully it will be worth it. Wink
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: