SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

how to register to THE FIND
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Heydiddlediddle

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

antiques-collectibles wrote:
OK, Here's the deal with this. You CAN get this to work with ecrater if you fill out the 2 or 3 pages at thefind.com and at the bottom of the last page they offer some choices, most of which you can't use on ecrater. What you CAN use is the text only thing that will look something like this (example only) thefind_eb2358429197e018c8c123402d78da3c.html

OPEN A NEW TAB OR WINDOW- don'e close the one you are working with.

If you then copy this and open a new tab or window go to your ecrater admin page and login, edit home page, copy, paste, save as whatever you already have there and REMOVE it temporarily and replace with the new code and update. THen go back to the page where you got the code and click "Verify Now". Give it a minute or 2 and a new acceptance page will come up. Only then do you go back to your ecrater admin and remove the code and re-update your home page with what you used to have. Takes a few minutes but it works. Hopefully it will be worth it. Wink

thank you I did that and it worked at least it says my store is claimed I guess that's acceptance and now I will have to wait to be crawled and have my items shown there
thanks everyone for your suggestions and I hope this was helpful for more others
happy new year and good sales to anyone
HEY DIDDLE DIDDLE
FREE SHIPPING FOR ALMOLST ALL MY ITEMS
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
antiques-collectibles

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hope it works for everyone who tries. They did email me a few hours after signing up and ask me to log in again. I think they were just making sure the email address was active.
Mikessportingoods

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 3:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the information..I received an email from the Find yesterday. I am going to try your suggestion.
Mikessportingoods

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I followed the instructions and it worked for me.

Always a lot of good information in these forums.
Thanks
griffengarb

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used to be able to see my items on TheFind. Because I was searching in here and found this thread I decided to query TheFind again.
And as it has happened before when I entered my selling name, up came a lot of items ...BUT under my items are another persons name!!!

This has happened before. Since I am also on another site (think I entered my url from there) I contacted admin thinking maybe something going on there.. They do not know why it is happening. Plus the prices are all messed up.. An item I have listed elsewhere at $59 comes up as $560.00! Good grief.

There was a link on the site today to contact them under review I think. So I have emailed them with the problem and shall see if they respond.

Way back I did find my items there and they were correct. Just the past maybe 5 or 6 months got wierd!!!
IsotonixPlusOutlet

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 5:08 pm    Post subject: Works as suggested Reply with quote

antiques-collectibles wrote:
OK, Here's the deal with this. You CAN get this to work with ecrater if you fill out the 2 or 3 pages at thefind.com and at the bottom of the last page they offer some choices, most of which you can't use on ecrater. What you CAN use is the text only thing that will look something like this (example only) thefind_eb2358429197e018c8c123402d78da3c.html

OPEN A NEW TAB OR WINDOW- don'e close the one you are working with.

If you then copy this and open a new tab or window go to your ecrater admin page and login, edit home page, copy, paste, save as whatever you already have there and REMOVE it temporarily and replace with the new code and update. THen go back to the page where you got the code and click "Verify Now". Give it a minute or 2 and a new acceptance page will come up. Only then do you go back to your ecrater admin and remove the code and re-update your home page with what you used to have. Takes a few minutes but it works. Hopefully it will be worth it. Wink

IT WORKS as you suggested! Thanks very much.
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: