eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Shipping question

View previous topic :: View next topic  
borntoolatevintagepatterns

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 8:05 am    Post subject: Shipping question Reply with quote

I've opened a vintage clothing pattern store. The patterns are 4 ounces each to mail.

I set up USPS shipping and presumed that putting in either 0.4 or 0.25 would result in bringing up the shipping options of first class mail, parcel post and prority mail for US buyers and first class and priority for international customers.

First class is not coming up at all and this is the least expensive way to ship patterns up to and including 3 patterns.

I tried buying my own pattern and went through Google checkout. Does Google checkout not support first class service for some reason?

What am I doing wrong here? Other than this getting the listings set is no trouble at all and is going smoothly. I'd like to fix the shipping issue before I do anymore listings. Thanks for any assistance. Smile
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
acread

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 8:21 am    Post subject: Re: Shipping question Reply with quote

borntoolatevintagepatterns wrote:
I've opened a vintage clothing pattern store. The patterns are 4 ounces each to mail.

I set up USPS shipping and presumed that putting in either 0.4 or 0.25 would result in bringing up the shipping options of first class mail, parcel post and prority mail for US buyers and first class and priority for international customers.

4 ounces does not make 0.4 pound
it's 0.25 pound (1 pound = 16 ounces).
Quote:
First class is not coming up at all and this is the least expensive way to ship patterns up to and including 3 patterns.

You need to select all the first class options and add them to your selected methods.
Quote:
I tried buying my own pattern and went through Google checkout. Does Google checkout not support first class service for some reason?

Do NOT ever OK a payment to yourself. That could get your GC account shut off.

That is not about Google supporting first class or not. Google only display the options eCrater send info from your store (or more correctly the query results they got from USPS based on the order info and your store settings). So you need to do what I said previously.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the quick response. I've changed the listings to 0.25 on all the listings.

The only reason I tried to buy the pattern myself was to see if the shipping was working properly. That is how I found out it was not.

If someone would be willing to check this out for me I would be very grateful.

My store is:

http://borntoolatevintagepatterns.ecrater.com
acread

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you select all 3 first class options (in domestic shipping and in International shipping) and moved them to your selected methods?

If not do it now.
borntoolatevintage

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes I did. Very Happy
acread

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am seing "First Class Flat" and "First Class Parcel".
jigsaw-puzzle-palooza

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tested it and received 4 shipping options:

Prioity
Parcel Post
First Class Mail Flat
First Class Mail Parcel

You may have a problem with the 2 different First Class options because I believe a package can only qualify as one or the other. So if the item qualifies as a Parcel, the customer could still choose Flat (and probably would) at the lower rate.
borntoolatevintage

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I should have asked before but could you please tell me what the price was on those rates?

Usually it costs less than $2 to ship a single pattern. I'm trying to make sure that my pattern customers are not overcharged on shipping. I have a following of buyers so I just want to make sure I don't lose them over shippign costs. Thank you again for all the assistance.
jigsaw-puzzle-palooza

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First Class Flat - $1.39
First Class Parcel - $1.73

This is for a pattern

It was mentioned earlier to never purchase from yourself. But you can procede just short of purchasing to check the shipping costs.

Last edited by jigsaw-puzzle-palooza on Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:02 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you so much! It's working exactly as it should now. Now to get listing more patterns. Thank you again for all the assistance! Smile
acread

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leave them in. Otherwise the First Class options won't show at all. That is just how the calculator works.

The envelopes won't show up because 4 ounces is above the letter limit. And your product do not qualify for it (so the option automatically gets taken out of the inquiry). They are too heavy for it.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I certainly will. Thanks again.
jigsaw-puzzle-palooza

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

acread wrote:
Leave them in. Otherwise the First Class options won't show at all. That is just how the calculator works.

The envelopes won't show up because 4 ounces is above the letter limit. And your product do not qualify for it (so the option automatically gets taken out of the inquiry). They are too heavy for it.

When I did the test on her pattern I WAS given the option of First Class Flat for $1.39 which is the rate for 4 ounces. But as you said, 4 ounces is too heavy for First Class Flat. So you're saying the calculator should automatically drop this option if the item doesn't qualify for it but it doesn't appear to be doing that. I'm confused. Am I missing something?
carolinabluelady

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also have First Class Parcel selected for my items since the jewelry and lighter items weigh less than 13 oz. I do not have any other First Class options selected and it works just fine. It will always pull up the choices of First Class Parcel, Priority Mail and Parcel Post as long as the weight of the purchase is less than 13 oz. If more than 13 oz, it will just show Priority Mail and Parcel Post.

I really don't think you need both First Class options.

Donna

PS - I just did a run through on one of your items and it is giving me both First Class options for shipping. You don't want that.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: